From John on Midengine forum

Once again the allocations granted today were “sort of linear,” meaning that if you took last year’s total sales by top dealers and proportionately predicted what they should be today you would be about correct. I would not call them strong for all - yet not sparse by any means, but they were strong for others. What is it showing nicely is that GM is not concerned about the temporary one shift reduction (scheduled to end tomorrow and go back to both starting on Monday), and did not cut back allocations predicting lean production times ahead.

As always while I have left individual allocation number sharing up to the dealers, that is NDA received info. What dealers or their staff choose to publicly share is up to them.

Again fairly good allocation news today.

Reactions: motordr
From John on Midengine forum

Once again the allocations granted today were “sort of linear,” meaning that if you took last year’s total sales by top dealers and proportionately predicted what they should be today you would be about correct. I would not call them strong for all - yet not sparse by any means, but they were strong for others. What is it showing nicely is that GM is not concerned about the temporary one shift reduction (scheduled to end tomorrow and go back to both starting on Monday), and did not cut back allocations predicting lean production times ahead.

As always while I have left individual allocation number sharing up to the dealers, that is NDA received info. What dealers or their staff choose to publicly share is up to them.

Again fairly good allocation news today.
Hey Murray. Thanks for all of the information that you provide to all of us. It is greatly appreciated. The way that GM is currently doing their allocations, when is it that a dealership know if they are getting any? Thanks again Murray.

Hey Murray. Thanks for all of the information that you provide to all of us. It is greatly appreciated. The way that GM is currently doing their allocations, when is it that a dealership know if they are getting any? Thanks again Murray.
You are welcome.
There is a calendar the Dealerships have that tell them all this, but I think it's the first Thursday of each month and maybe the 2nd as well. I can never remember. They never know how many they will get at any time since they build cars for production efficiency.

Reactions: SONSH1NE
5927 > 6006 = 80
1636119085384.png

Any build going on Friday?

Come on Second Shift
Not sure what you mean. They built 92 on Friday. The are closed Remembrance day (Thursday: Veterans day in the states I believe)
Edit: Not memorial day

Last edited:
Good to see them up and going full out again. Just saw Rick Conti who reported that GM has put out the Build out Schedule for 2022's at May 6th and a stop order of March 17 (tentatively) If they were able to (and slim chance) keep up the 184 car pace. Approximately 3864 cars would be built ... 7% come to Canada. Which would mean approximately *270* - 2022's would be the maximum cars that would arrive for the 2022 model year starting today. Looks like it will be a 2023 for me as my Dealer says that the winter brings less cars to Canada.

Good to see them up and going full out again. Just saw Rick Conti who reported that GM has put out the Build out Schedule for 2022's at May 6th and a stop order of March 17 (tentatively) If they were able to (and slim chance) keep up the 184 car pace. Approximately 3864 cars would be built ... 7% come to Canada. Which would mean approximately *270* - 2022's would be the maximum cars that would arrive for the 2022 model year starting today. Looks like it will be a 2023 for me as my Dealer says that the winter brings less cars to Canada.

SONSH1NE, your numbers don’t make sense to me. They seem way low.
You are ABSOLUTELY right! Nice catch! 118 build days according to Murray's spreadsheet x 184 cars per day = 21,712 possible cars. 7% for Canada = 1520 !!!! Maybe I do have HOPE!!! LOL Thanks Motordr... I can put the tissues away!!! I need a calculator with bigger buttons obviously!

You are ABSOLUTELY right! Nice catch! 118 build days according to Murray's spreadsheet x 184 cars per day = 21,712 possible cars. 7% for Canada = 1520 !!!! Maybe I do have HOPE!!! LOL Thanks Motordr... I can put the tissues away!!! I need a calculator with bigger buttons obviously!

Those dates will change. As you say, I doubt they can keep to 184. That's why they padded the dates. I bet they build through part of June.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.