No VIN yet...hopefully today. I moved to 3300 on Jan. 13 with a TPW Feb. 1. Seems likely that I’ll move to 3400 today and get my VIN. Even if for some strange reason it gets bumped a week it won’t bother me as we still have a lot of winter to deal with in Calgary...-20c when I went to work this morning.

WOW. Worst of the year!
4019 > 4119 = 101

1611757250897.png

Reactions: Bucketoy
Awesome!!
I'm still sitting at 3300 with a TPW Feb. 1 which is confusing. I thought I would've moved to 3400 by now.
We are being told that the plant will shut down next week for a week. If true it explains your TPW and no 3400

• Wow
Reactions: wrxninja
We are being told that the plant will shut down next week for a week. If true it explains your TPW and no 3400
Awesome!!
I'm still sitting at 3300 with a TPW Feb. 1 which is confusing. I thought I would've moved to 3400 by now.
Confirmed the plant will shut down for a week starting Monday to let the parts chain catch up.
BTW, 3400 status comes 6 to 8 days before your build DAY. It could point to your build day WAS next Thursday the 4th or Friday the 5th.
Now your build day will likely be the 11th or 12th.

Confirmed the plant will shut down for a week starting Monday to let the parts chain catch up.
BTW, 3400 status comes 6 to 8 days before your build DAY. It could point to your build day WAS next Thursday the 4th or Friday the 5th.
Now your build day will likely be the 11th or 12th.
Really makes no difference as 1 or 2 weeks delay for me won’t change how soon winter gets over here anyway...more of a mental thing 😂

From Corvette Blogger today,

The Corvette Assembly Plant will be closed for another week according to those in the know we spoke with this afternoon. This news comes despite the earlier notice this week that the plant would reopen on February 8th. The plant is now rescheduled to open up on February 15th.
Our friends at the Corvette Action Center received a message from Chevy regarding next week’s closure:

Due to a temporary parts supply issue, we can confirm that Bowling Green Assembly will not run production the week of February 8. Our supply chain, manufacturing and engineering teams are working closely with our supply base to mitigate any further impact on production, and we expect the plant to resume normal operations on Monday, February 15.

This week’s shutdown was related to shortages with the Corvette’s aluminum structures and transmissions. Next week’s shutdown could be part of the global shortage of semiconductor chips that has been in the news lately. GM announced earlier this week that four facilities would be shutting down due to the chip shortage, but Bowling Green Assembly wasn’t one of the plants listed at the time.

Really makes no difference as 1 or 2 weeks delay for me won’t change how soon winter gets over here anyway...more of a mental thing 😂
I just heard from my dealer...my order moved to 3400 but no VIN yet and still TPW Feb. 1. I assume it'll likely go into production next week when BGA comes back online and maybe a VIN tomorrow...fingers crossed!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.