BG is running full speed!

16,308 > 16,494 = 187

1605712030687.png

Murray why is your information so different from what C8J posts on the Corvette Forum?

He's showing still needing to complete the following:

View attachment 45648
Sources (Mark Riel on Facebook that provides the data) say that 912 CTF cars are part of the 20181 and they don't have the same vin of course. So the number of 2020 vins will be 19269

2nd cycle of Nov allocations has been released today. Did any dealers receive any 2021 Corvette allocations for the 2nd cycle of Nov?

It is my theory that 2021 corvette allocations will only come in the 1st cycle of allocations of the each month.

According to Andrew Spencer, they have received an additional 1 allocation in the 2nd cycle for NOV that was released today. This is very good news.

I'm almost positive there's one assembly line, for coupes and verts..
They roll on the line together during assembly.
I don't understand how it can take longer to build one or the other.
Help me understand.
Thanks.

There is only one assembly line. There are some extra stations for the HTC though so the coupes either wait at those stations for the takt time or the HTC's do take a side route for their parts install. Either way extra time is added to the whole line start to finish once the HTC's were added.

I still don't get it. Coupes waiting at stations?
The line is rolling, not waiting (unless lunch or break time).
There will be stations where the coupe gets nothing, and stations where verts get nothing done. That is equivalent to a 1LZ getting skipped at a station a 3LZ is loaded with work. (A station is 1 workers spot on the line).
What I can see, is, a plant wide / every line / every dept slowing down production since the vert started running. That would bring overall weekly numbers down.
Bear in mind, those lines can be set to build less than 1 unit per hour, or up to at least 70 / hr.
(I spent my working life on auto assembly lines).

If I have it wrong, I'd love to see more video from BGA. I thought I'd watched most of it.

The line is rolling, not waiting (unless lunch or break time).
The line is in constant motion, but what I meant was exactly how you described it.
There are more stations added since they started the HTC's but they have also sped up as they got more proficient at it. Plus parts shortages. I don't see what you don't get? The whole line DID slow right down when the verts started. It's there in my SS. Also they introduced them slowly and that meant adding more later. They were 33% of cars left to build when they started and are now likely well up there at 40 or 50 % But with all the parts shortages and covid that could be affecting the employees, there is no way of knowing what or why.

Indeed Murray. The part I didn't get was verts taking longer to build.
They don't. They take exactly the same amt of time as a coupe.
When the unit(s) is / are initiated on the line, they are in sequence. Verts roll with coupes. They make their way through the system, one dept, and one line at a time. Upon completion, the now assembled vehicle gets started up, and driven off the line (to areas such as water test, and final inspection).
The (hypothetical) vert and the coupe running 1 - 2 at the very beginning of the assembly line, drive off, one after the other at the end.....maintaining "sequence", and more often than not, vin sequence.
Therefore, it's no more or less time to build one, or the other.
As for adding stations.......not very often......parts and work are usually added to existing stations (workers).

Indeed Murray. The part I didn't get was verts taking longer to build.
They don't. They take exactly the same amt of time as a coupe.
When the unit(s) is / are initiated on the line, they are in sequence. Verts roll with coupes. They make their way through the system, one dept, and one line at a time. Upon completion, the now assembled vehicle gets started up, and driven off the line (to areas such as water test, and final inspection).
The (hypothetical) vert and the coupe running 1 - 2 at the very beginning of the assembly line, drive off, one after the other at the end.....maintaining "sequence", and more often than not, vin sequence.
Therefore, it's no more or less time to build one, or the other.
As for adding stations.......not very often......parts and work are usually added to existing stations (workers).
OK, I see what you mean now. But from what I've heard from others is they can't (couldn't with the C7 anyway) have 2 verts one after the other on the line. From what you are saying that doesn't make sense. It should do nothing to the line at all where or when they are built.
Interesting. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.