It met or exceeded the inspection!! but this inspector just had a disliking for replicas and started listing the reasons why and made no bones about it! The police officers were nice, and where trying to calm my daughter down, but the inspector didn't give two shits that my daughter was crying and just kept talking my car down right in front of her. My daughter went from enjoying waving to the crowds as we slowly went by and wanting to go park and have an icecream cone, to just wanting to go home to bed.

That sucks!!!! I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THAT. The police have a very hard job on cruse weekend! I was out all three nights and your right I saw more bad driving and people acting poorly than I normally see all year. But at least they maintain there profesionalism, but an SGI inspector with a god complex because he is out with the police and finally has a tiny bit of power in his life is just SAD! These guys act like you are personlly insulting them if your driving a car they dont like! I would say a little training on how to deal with the public, as well as a " you are not god" speech might be in order!

Brent:canada:

P.S. didn't your car just pass an inspection 2 months ago!?!?! If I were you I would have the inspector you used come to court with you!!! When it passed the safety it is road worthy and you would have no reason to believe other wise.

Brent

They had SGI inspectors there? That sounds like they're just trying to get the cars that are probably rarely or never driven at any other time of year. It's really disappointing to hear this.
[mob][/mob]

They had SGI inspectors there? That sounds like they're just trying to get the cars that are probably rarely or never driven at any other time of year. It's really disappointing to hear this.
[mob][/mob]

Exactly!!.....and what for? SGI has taken this vehicle inspection thing WAY too far! Cruise night is supposed to be a time to enjoy a slow cruise in your vehicle that you are proud of regardless of make/model or whether it is a complete show room condition vehicle or one that you are still working on but are still proud of it and want to enjoy showing it off! I wish every car enthusiast could send SGI a message to smarten the hell up and Boycott cruise night all together and move it to a community that would apreciate the original spirit of the tradition it was meant to be. I mean I TOTALLY understand and respect the police being out and along the strip!! I was happy to see so many out, along with the police bikes cruising up and down with fellow motorcyclists........but to have a vehicle inspector jumping out infront of vehicles cruising, and pulling these people lifetime works and achievments off the road on that particular night is plain stupid and arrogant. It has no place being there on these occasions! it's dangerous and just plain stupid.:mad:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.