Unfortunately Santa or not, coal these days is not an option...
Wait What! No lump of coal 😱 Oh just great … yet another thing those battery powered advocates have changed 🤣

434EDC31-C520-4D91-9DDD-78479625B116.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: Rruuff Day
So could they screw it up any worse? Our “top” doc said today that the rapid antigen tests are unreliable and if you have the sniffles but test negative you should still isolate. Then wtf are the rapid tests for. Or is it to cover up the absolute goat rodeo that distribution of the free rapid test kits has been?
#stoplisteningtomorons

So could they screw it up any worse? Our “top” doc said today that the rapid antigen tests are unreliable and if you have the sniffles but test negative you should still isolate. Then wtf are the rapid tests for. Or is it to cover up the absolute goat rodeo that distribution of the free rapid test kits has been?
#stoplisteningtomorons
I did not fall for the test kit circus last week … it was rather entertaining hearing people explain why they got them when interviewed on the news.
I had visions of test kits popping up on kijiji for the panicked buyers.
I was however out in -30’s yesterday shovelling snow and getting vehicles running. Came back in to thaw and my nose started running. Snifffle sniffle. I really cant blame people from tuning out on any more of this stuff.

The kit circus is because they are "free". Never mind that it is our tax $$ paying for them.
If they charged a nominal $5 there would be plenty to go around.
Vast majority of these kits will 1) be used without any need to do so 2) be unused and go to waste. Few will be used for what they are intended for.
YEP! You can get false positives and false negatives so not to be counted on especially if you have a runny nose and sniffles and do a useless test. However if you have a runny nose, sniffles, cough and fever along with muscle and joint pain a positive test may be accurate.
Big run on test centres just because people want to make sure (sic) that they are A OK to go out and party in a big crowd.
Common sense is again proved to be not so common

It's official. World Juniors are up in flames.
Driven by irrational fear. Hospitalizations and icu admissions are down. CDC admitted the PCR tests are capturing both Covid and flu and have been deemed unreliable. They will stop using the PCR test in ‘Merica on the 31st. The fully vaccinated are forming a significant portion of new “cases”. Soon we will have a Covid discount card like Subway. Your tenth vaccination will be free. Rapid tests are unreliable, according to Hinshaw. So even if you test negative, isolate.

The narrative is falling apart.

Driven by irrational fear. Hospitalizations and icu admissions are down. CDC admitted the PCR tests are capturing both Covid and flu and have been deemed unreliable. They will stop using the PCR test in ‘Merica on the 31st. The fully vaccinated are forming a significant portion of new “cases”. Soon we will have a Covid discount card like Subway. Your tenth vaccination will be free. Rapid tests are unreliable, according to Hinshaw. So even if you test negative, isolate.

The narrative is falling apart.

Claims That CDC’s PCR Test Can’t Tell Covid From Flu Are Wrong​

Here are updated COVID-19 numbers released by Alberta Health Services this afternoon.

• There were 2,775 new COVID-19 cases reported across the province over the last day.
  • Eleven deaths attributed to COVID-19 were reported to AHS over that period. The provincial total is now 3,210 since the start of the pandemic.
  • There are now 7,025 cases of the Omicron variant identified in Alberta, including 4,149 in the Calgary zone.
  • Hospitalizations have increased since yesterday’s reporting. There are 349 people in hospital with COVID-19, an increase of 31 since the previous update. There are 57 people in ICU, an increase of seven in the same time.
  • There are 17,396 active COVID cases in the province.
  • There are 9,293 active cases in the Calgary zone.

… I was however out in -30’s yesterday shovelling snow and getting vehicles running. Came back in to thaw and my nose started running. Snifffle sniffle. I really cant blame people from tuning out on any more of this stuff.
Dang it … had to go out and clear walks again today. Came back in and while thawing … sniffle sniffle … dagnabbit anyway.
Now wondering if the 10 days of “henshaw sniffle assumption isolation penalty” runs concurrently or consectutively … 🤪

From Alberta Govt website.

Table 3. COVID-19 case outcomes in Alberta by vaccine status. Counts are provided for new, active cases, and those currently identified as being hospitalized.
OutcomeVaccine statusCount (n)Percent (%)
New casesComplete2,33783.46
New casesPartial260.93
New casesUnvaccinated43715.61
Active casesComplete13,95380.21
Active casesPartial2061.18
Active casesUnvaccinated3,23718.61
Currently hospitalizedComplete13839.54
Currently hospitalizedPartial144.01
Currently hospitalizedUnvaccinated19756.45
Note:
Vaccine status category is based on protection. Doses administered within 14 days prior to a person’s COVID-19 diagnosis are not considered protective; as a result, partial or complete vaccination categories only include those identified as cases over 14 days past their first or second immunization date.

From Alberta Govt website.

Table 3. COVID-19 case outcomes in Alberta by vaccine status. Counts are provided for new, active cases, and those currently identified as being hospitalized.
OutcomeVaccine statusCount (n)Percent (%)
New casesComplete2,33783.46
New casesPartial260.93
New casesUnvaccinated43715.61
Active casesComplete13,95380.21
Active casesPartial2061.18
Active casesUnvaccinated3,23718.61
Currently hospitalizedComplete13839.54
Currently hospitalizedPartial144.01
Currently hospitalizedUnvaccinated19756.45
Note:
Vaccine status category is based on protection. Doses administered within 14 days prior to a person’s COVID-19 diagnosis are not considered protective; as a result, partial or complete vaccination categories only include those identified as cases over 14 days past their first or second immunization date.
Do they have the break down of the ICU by vaccine status? That is major purpose of the vaccine...to minimize the amount of people that need to go to the ICU.

Unvaccinated people account for 60 per cent of patients In Alberta hospitals.

Fully vaccinated people make up 38 per cent.

However the raw numbers also do not take into account the pool of fully vaccinated Albertans is much larger than the unvaccinated population.

Per capita data also demonstrates vaccine effectiveness; in the last 120 days per 100,000 fully vaccinated Albertans, 41 have been hospitalized.

The rate of unvaccinated people in hospital jumps to 930 per 100 thousand people, which is nearly 23 times higher.

Hinshaw added that the omicron variant of concern is spreading more rapidly compared with delta, even among those who have immunity post infection or two doses of vaccine.
Do they have the break down of the ICU by vaccine status? That is major purpose of the vaccine...to minimize the amount of people that need to go to the ICU.

Reactions: vintageracer
I'm not following the insinuations here. It's pretty indisputable that millions have been saved from death or debilitating long term health issues worldwide by the vaccines. It's also indisputable that as with the majority of vaccines, efficacy wanes after a certain time. That appears to be around 6 months after your second shot or thereabouts from what I'm hearing.

The new strain is orders of magnitude more transmissible, less severe by many accounts but given the transmissibility factor and the fact that it will likely infect the majority of double dosed folks (as they are at a reduced rate of protection due to a slow rollout of boosters and time) it may may put more in hospital.

What does this mean? Get your booster. Don't spread it unnecessarily. Carry on.

Also hospitalizations always lag 3-4 weeks behind infections, people seem to forget this all the time when hunting for stats. I'm hopeful that hospitalizations remain low for this variant. Maybe the next one will be even less severe and it can truly become another flu like strain.

It's very obvious that people are just tired of Covid but getting the shots, the boosters, wearing my masks, and limiting my exposure to others as much as possible is not near as tiring to me as the multitudes of the nay-sayers, the conspiracy theorists, the anti-vaccers and anti-maskers that think their God given rights have been trodden upon and refuse to try to help curb this virus. I cannot count the number of times I have witnessed screaming outbreaks from these people when met at a buisiness door and asked to show vaccine proof, put on a mask, or maintain separation. These workers are only doing their job but I can't help feel sorry for the abuse they and the cashiers receive by a significant number of people. The result of this is hoards of nay sayers flaunting the recommendations, knowing full well the people they bad mouth have no recourse in fear of physical violence. It's a sad world living with covid but it's even sadder, how many people have no respect for their fellow man who are trying to do the best they can to help the situation.

:Lurk5::Lurk5:

We are now getting to the point of over loading the health system.
So, while I do not think it is right, we may be at a point of having to say - well you don't believe in the health system and the vaccine recommendations then you will have to wait until a spot opens up for us to treat you. After all, why would they go in to a system they think is trying to harm them??
Would truly be a sad day if the sick had to be triaged at the hospital door

Comparing numbers to the unvaxxinated to the vaccinated could just be the results of the vaccinated being more careful on who they hang out with and where they go. My opinion the numbers are unreliable. Lots of people not getting tested have it. I know I wont go running for a test if I don't feel good. Would just stay home. But if I needed a hospital then I would go there. To many people are getting paranoid because of the government. I go by the same rules I always do when its cold and flu season. Avoid people. Even in healthy times I avoid people. LOL.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread