Here in Calgary, schools are closed till September. All City operated recreation facilities, swimming pools, gyms, libraries, churches post secondary institutions, and all meeting places where 250 or more can gather are either closed, cancelled or postponed.
There goes car show season.
We have done the same thing next door in RockyView.

US border "still' open but sure sounds like that may change soon.
Hopefully not until after wednesday. Only flight I could get home changes planes in Houston. If I have to stay in Colombia, im starting a go fund me drive on CCF. I know thats where the big money hangs out...:):rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: YFCvii
Hopefully not until after wednesday. Only flight I could get home changes planes in Houston. If I have to stay in Colombia, im starting a go fund me drive on CCF. I know thats where the big money hangs out...:):rofl:
You may need to hope that @Pep does not set it up as it might likely be a go fund me to perhaps ...
Keep you There 😱

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Pep and Rruuff Day

Thoughts of your recent predicament in the tropics had recently escaped me. Good you brought them back 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: YFCvii
Good advice. I hadnt thought of that.

1584537603074.png

WCS down >$3 to $8 + change a barrel. (Cdn oil)
Merely Insult to injury for those who are directly impacted for over 5 years now. I can only embrace this if the entire country uses this as a measure of the economic state that the entire country is in. Enjoyment for the cheap gas prices will have its cost to the entire country. Alberta’s money barrel is pretty much dry.

The low gas price may be good for the consumer, not so much for those working in the gas industry. I don't have an answer on how this can be rectified, given the current situation, globally and locally. Day at a time folks.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents and YFCvii
Merely Insult to injury for those who are directly impacted for over 5 years now. I can only embrace this if the entire country uses this as a measure of the economic state that the entire country is in. Enjoyment for the cheap gas prices will have its cost to the entire country. Alberta’s money barrel is pretty much dry.

I cannot fathom how Russia and OPEC decided that now was a good time to start a turf war and plunge the world into an even bigger browner stained crisis.

I cannot fathom how Russia and OPEC decided that now was a good time to start a turf war and plunge the world into an even bigger browner stained crisis.
Russia and OPEC is also insult to injury.
The "injury" to the economics of this industry here was
more or less pretty much self inflicted in Canada from about 5 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12cents and Morby
We are home.... Just arrived. Houston was a $hit show... Barely made our plane. Was only 23 people on it. 53 more that were suppose to be on it and were with us from Bogata never made it through US customs in time. Estimate there were 600 people in line and only 2 customs booths open. Still baffles me why connectors had to clear US customs anyway. Pleaded that we were going to miss our connection and they basically blew me off and said get back in the line... Nice... Stewardess said we were likely the last ones who would get home with AC as they were in the process of cancelling their international flights. Already losing gate privileges in most out of country airports... Like I said ... $hit show.... Glad we made it though even if I'm in isolation til April 1....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread