Rumour mill has it that the Ontario government is going to mandate a complete lock down on all businesses, much like what is happening in Europe. Groceries and pharmacies stay open as well as gas stations. This is turning into a very big s...t storm if true. We should hear sometime tomorrow.

• Agree
Reactions: ddgermann
I heard they shut down this famous street here in Pattaya

1584332994616.png

1584333124832.png

1584333382226.png

I'm "Self-isolating" (yes the newest annoying catchphrase) but at least medical help is always nearby....;):Cheers2:

Well, no doubt there will be fallout everywhere. Yes the market is down, it will rebound and panic selling now helps no one. While we can debate the severity of the risk of this virus to many as being low, it will kill some. I for one would not want to have transmitted this to anyone. Social distancing while inconvenient, is a small price to pay to try to knock it down early. I hear that summer heat will help so the time of year is better for North America just heading into warm weather. Try to stay positive, don't hord the toilet paper. The old keep calm and carry on sounds like a plan to me.

It seems the Covid 19 virus is effecting every type of business. The schools in Ontario will shut down for 2 weeks after the March break. Travel, restaurants, health care, etc. are being effected. This is going to trickle down to car sales, Vettes are in that group. Anyone else loose customers as a direct or indirect result of the virus? First 30 minutes after opening today, 5 customers placed a hold on their status. Fingers crossed that this is just a large bump in the road that will be resolved quickly.
I don't "like" it, but I do agree with it. We all need to do our part and self isolate for a while.

Reactions: ABC
I don't "like" it, but I do agree with it. We all need to do our part and self isolate for a while.
Latest on the news was the spike in AB. Someone went to some sort of party/function and seven others tested positive after that.
So YEAH, self isolate if you even have the sniffles and keep your distance. If you are home you don't need to stock up on Purell. Ordinary hand with soap is just as effective.
Some cases can be really mild and present more as a common cold. Not everyone needs to rush off to the emergency just because they are feeling a bit under the weather. If it intensifies then is the time to start making calls to the hotlines.

We've heard that the licensing offices might close this afternoon. Not sure if true or not yet, but if it happens, no one is taking delivery of a new car until they re-open.

• Sad
Reactions: Vortex-IV
Ones life can change quickly, as this Corona Virus has shown. Thankfully not as bad in Canada (yet). as in Europe and America. There are much more important things to worry about than getting a new 2020 Corvette. I was told that @ a Costco store in town (a so called man) punched a lady arguing over of all things toilet paper. This Pandemic brings out the worse in some people. I hope all on here and their families stay safe during this time.

Reactions: frankmp
Here in Calgary, schools are closed till September. All City operated recreation facilities, swimming pools, gyms, libraries, churches post secondary institutions, and all meeting places where 250 or more can gather are either closed, cancelled or postponed.
There goes car show season.

Rumour mill has it that the Ontario government is going to mandate a complete lock down on all businesses, much like what is happening in Europe. Groceries and pharmacies stay open as well as gas stations. This is turning into a very big s...t storm if true. We should hear sometime tomorrow.
Never happen on that scale Canadas economy is way different than that of Europe s**t down our trade and we will be in the stone age in a week.

These measures are all reactive. They should have been pro-active once they saw how it was spreading in China. I know hind site is 20/20 but all the signs were there.

That is true. We are a bit ahead of many countries though which give me hope that we might avoid the worst of it. Also way more testing here.

• Agree
Reactions: 12cents and EJChevy
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread