Power User
Aug 20, 2014
toronto
VetteCoins
Car
2015 C7 Z51 M7
Province
ON
It seems the Covid 19 virus is effecting every type of business. The schools in Ontario will shut down for 2 weeks after the March break. Travel, restaurants, health care, etc. are being effected. This is going to trickle down to car sales, Vettes are in that group. Anyone else loose customers as a direct or indirect result of the virus? First 30 minutes after opening today, 5 customers placed a hold on their status. Fingers crossed that this is just a large bump in the road that will be resolved quickly.

Screenshot_20200312-192502.jpg

It's getting really bad. There will definitely be many layoffs and the stock market is in the toilet. I think I may hold off on getting a new car for a while until things settle.

It seems the Covid 19 virus is effecting every type of business. The schools in Ontario will shut down for 2 weeks after the March break. Travel, restaurants, health care, etc. are being effected. This is going to trickle down to car sales, Vettes are in that group. Anyone else loose customers as a direct or indirect result of the virus? First 30 minutes after opening today, 5 customers placed a hold on their status. Fingers crossed that this is just a large bump in the road that will be resolved quickly.
[/QUOTE

It is going to affect everything because they are just about closing everything down...which will affect everything else.
So we are looking at a one to two months of slow times. I have begun to wonder why toilet paper is flying off the shelves when this is a respiratory disease???
Best summary I read was:
Will you get it ? Probably
Will you die from it? If your body is not already compromised with another illness then not likely

Hey guys, looks like it affects older men more than others. Again most likely because of underlying causes. I have taken to drinking Corona beer for it's anti-viral qualities.

Latest from Italy was that all the deaths were people over 60 and the majority were over 80. Gives us a fighting chance.

If you want to read something that is pretty factual then have a read at this. You have to scroll down a bit.

What they are trying to do is slow it down. It can not be stopped. They just don't want the hospitals overwhelmed with this, as though the hospitals are not already at their limits.
Daughter just got new marching orders yesterday. Any patients scheduling rendezvous' that present themselves with a cough or other symptoms will be triaged first before seeing a doctor. Guess they want to try and keep the doctors healthy.

If you can guys and gals keep on with a more or less normal life so the economy does not completely tank. There will be a lot of hard times for restaurants, theatres, etc if no one is out there. Just take care to wash your hands and note that no one else is coughing around you or falls face down in their soup.

Off to a sugar shack tomorrow

Keep well and healthy guys and gals

P.S. Don't you wish the DON was running Canada. After all he has been asked how come he knows so much about Corona hence the US response to the now declared pandemic. According to their health officials they dropped the ball.
ROFL LMAO except it affects a lot of good people down there as well

One part of this outbreak to watch for is how China has handled it. After initially hiding it they had a major crackdown and military style quarantine descend on 60+ million people. The virus has now peaked over there and China could well be the safest place to be to avoid infection shortly.

Extrapolating some data, the peak was reached within ~60 days with extreme quarantine conditions. My guess is we will see longer periods before it goes into recession on account of a much slower and less draconian response here and in the US. Countries in Europe (not just Italy) are trying to action everything they can to combat this. You get a ticket when you leave your house without a reason.

On a more optimistic note though some pills that treat the symptoms (note NOT the anti-viral vaccine that's at least 2 years away IF it ever comes) may be out in the market within 30-60 days. Also weather is getting warmer which will play a small factor into this and the world is much more educated and prepared than it was 60 days ago.

The enemy is always inaction and hoping for the best. So while I really hate these closures a 2 month pause on life is much better than sitting back and watching it unfold. I personally think we're looking at a 2 month pause ahead of us that just started.

Last edited:
One part of this outbreak to watch for is how China has handled it. After initially hiding it they had a major crackdown and military style quarantine descend on 60+ million people. The virus has now peaked over there and China could well be the safest place to be to avoid infection shortly.

Extrapolating some data, the peak was reached within ~60 days with extreme quarantine conditions. My guess is we will see longer periods before it goes into recession on account of a much slower and less draconian response here and in the US. Countries in Europe (not just Italy) are trying to action everything they can to combat this. You get a ticket when you leave your house without a reason.

On a more optimistic note though some pills that treat the symptoms (note NOT the anti-viral vaccine that's at least 2 years away IF it ever comes) may be out in the market within 30-60 days. Also weather is getting warmer which will play a small factor into this and the world is much more educated and prepared than it was 60 days ago.

The enemy is always inaction and hoping for the best. So while I really hate these closures a 2 month pause on life is much better than sitting back and watching it unfold. I personally think we're looking at a 2 month pause ahead of us that just started.
If you want some really good sane information on Covid-19 than watch the W5 interview from last night, March 14th.
The doctor works at the WHO and is from NFL. What better can you get than from a guy from NFL!

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: OL Yeller
North American disruption is in its early stages. School is cancelled in Ontario for 3 weeks. During this time school boards will be forming continuity plans in the event that this is extended. I personally expect school is done for the year. Imagine the planning required for working parents with young children. As the Alberta CHO has stated, " if we close schools it will be until at least September"

I consider myself fortunate to be retired young and able to self isolate with no effort, while I sit on cash for a shiny new vette...

North American disruption is in its early stages. School is cancelled in Ontario for 3 weeks. During this time school boards will be forming continuity plans in the event that this is extended. I personally expect school is done for the year. Imagine the planning required for working parents with young children. As the Alberta CHO has stated, " if we close schools it will be until at least September"

I consider myself fortunate to be retired young and able to self isolate with no effort, while I sit on cash for a shiny new vette...

I do think school will be out for a lot longer than 2 weeks also.

So in three weeks the teachers can go back on strike? LOL.

So in three weeks the teachers can go back on strike? LOL.

LOL...my second prediction is that you will there will be no talk of labour relations during this time, particularly when the Catholic teachers have made a tentative deal. My wife is a school board superintendent. Its quite entertaining to give her a bit of banter on these topics.

• Haha
Reactions: kerry4
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread