Gas has been brought up a few times here for sure. I for one have been using Costco 91 grade gas for at least 12 years. My Corvette, my V8 baby Tbird, my Mercedes amg SUV all get the Costco 91 grade. My prior Jaguar XKR 4.2L V8 got Costco gas and my prior Chrysler 300 hemi got Costco gas. I have never had any engine pinging or knocking. I do use injector cleaner (not sure if it makes any difference) every 6 mos or so. Some may frown on the 91 grade it but I use it. I think todays modern engines can adapt to what you regularly use, but having said that, I would not use regular grade. Many many smarter folks here on CCF on this subject than I, but it has always worked fine for me.

Cannot be bothered. Unless Costco gas adds to my pension or is saturated with some kind of magical go fast pixie dust, I am not sitting in a lineup for 30 minutes to save $3.00. I would rather spend my time trying to scratch that unreachable place on my back, or count how many times my dog blinks in a minute, or count the age spots on my right arm, or......

Cannot be bothered. Unless Costco gas adds to my pension or is saturated with some kind of magical go fast pixie dust, I am not sitting in a lineup for 30 minutes to save $3.00. I would rather spend my time trying to scratch that unreachable place on my back, or count how many times my dog blinks in a minute, or count the age spots on my right arm, or......

Good one Cariboocreek :) In Vancouver 94 grade can cost $1.64 - $1.68 per litre.... being retired I go at non peak hours, wait 7-8 mins in line for Costco gas at $1.52 litre and drive off. Thankfully its situated on a roadway that I drive by 4-5 times a week. It works for me.

I don't like the line ups at Costco either so have never used their gas. Also not positive how many different suppliers they get their gas from so don't trust that they may or may not have ethanol in their 91. Most 94 grades in Alberta (not all) have ethanol... That's how they boost the octane level. Chevron supposedly doesn't but I still stick with 91 from Shell or Co-op. Shell I get air miles and Co-op I get the end of year rebate cheque as SNIII mentioned above...
Many say ethanol is fine if you don't store your car with it in but maybe just me but I avoid it.

Yup this subject has been beat to death. As I don’t drive my car that much anyway, except for multiple day road trips, I fill up wherever is convenient at a busier station. I do grab the ethanol free stuff and the 94 when I can, but end up putting 91 in most of the time. Price is interesting as it does vary widely as you move across the provinces. But again I’m not too bothered by it as it’s more about convenience for me. I just go where everyone else is going and enjoy my day. 😄
For what I do it’s fine and the car runs great. Lots of debate on storage with ethanol gas but I found no issues after 3 Corvettes and a number of winters in cold storage. A good dose of “ethanol” specified stabilizer seems to be ok for my situation and do the trick.

Yup this subject has been beat to death. As I don’t drive my car that much anyway, except for multiple day road trips, I fill up wherever is convenient at a busier station. I do grab the ethanol free stuff and the 94 when I can, but end up putting 91 in most of the time. Price is interesting as it does vary widely as you move across the provinces. But again I’m not too bothered by it as it’s more about convenience for me. I just go where everyone else is going and enjoy my day. 😄
For what I do it’s fine and the car runs great. Lots of debate on storage with ethanol gas but I found no issues after 3 Corvettes and a number of winters in cold storage. A good dose of “ethanol” specified stabilizer seems to be ok for my situation and do the trick.
Derek, I think you are right? These are built to run on whatever, I think. I use to use Chevron 94; but, to be honest, I use Shell for the Air miles points in both my SUV and corvette. I think sometime we obsess about things too much.:bigsleep:

I plan to use COSTCO near my office in Mississauga. The savings have been great in my daily driver. Key is to go first thing am to avoid the killer lines. Like others here will not wait for gas. Trick is also to time when tank is near empty. No point in any wait for savings on half a tank. Come on with the C8 deliveries already. This waiting process is killing me.

Derek, I think you are right? These are built to run on whatever, I think. I use to use Chevron 94; but, to be honest, I use Shell for the Air miles points in both my SUV and corvette. I think sometime we obsess about things too much.:bigsleep:

What???? Obsess???? Honestly, I find owners obsess less about their Corvettes than anything else.... Which reminds me. It's 9:00 am and I have to go out and say good morning to mine... ;)

I think sometime we obsess about things too much.

Whaaaaaat ... obsess ?
Never on a Forum of Performance Vehicle Model Namesake ...
I had to check to make sure I was not surfing on (blocked) .... whew.

You'd think we'd drive 1000's of kms over a week ...
just to park on somebody's lawn for the day just to talk and
obsess over a car and then just pack up and drive home ....
errrr .... wait :angelic:
59A9C851-BE04-421F-B20E-4F848BBA87C7.jpg
(West Fest 2019)
@nascar03 @ddgermann
an awesome time

Last edited:
Whaaaaaat ... obsess ?
Never on a Forum of Performance Vehicle Model Namesake ...
I had to check to make sure I was not surfing on (blocked) .... whew.

You'd think we'd drive 1000's of kms over a week ...
just to park on somebody's lawn for the day just to talk and
obsess over a car and then just pack up and drive home ....
errrr .... wait :angelic:
View attachment 36700
(West Fest 2019)
Me, obsess? never! I can't even remember what my other three corvettes looked like - so annoyed!! :bigsleep:

Attachments

• Jim parkins Vette rear .jpg
    Jim parkins Vette rear .jpg
    378.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Jim parkins Vette side .jpg
    Jim parkins Vette side .jpg
    441.3 KB · Views: 25
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 23
  • download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 25
  • images.jpg
    images.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 25
Obsess? I just came here to find out a couple of little things. What is the best wax? What is the best gas? What are the best tires and brakes? Is red really the fastest colour? Are convertible owners really the coolest of the cool? These are truly the important questions and are clearly worth fighting about on an anonymous online digital media.

carnuba
Shell
Michelin Pilot Sport 4s
Brembo
No
Yes

Obsess? I just came here to find out a couple of little things. What is the best wax? What is the best gas? What are the best tires and brakes? Is red really the fastest colour? Are convertible owners really the coolest of the cool? These are truly the important questions and are clearly worth fighting about on an anonymous online digital media.

carnuba
Shell
Michelin Pilot Sport 4s
Brembo
No
Yes
Macquires, Shell.Michelin, Bembro, No and absolutely YES!!!!! :heavycar:

• Haha
Reactions: BDK and ddgermann

carnuba
Shell
Michelin Pilot Sport 4s
Brembo
No
Yes

Red WAS the fastest colour until we sold our C6's Al.....

• Agree
Reactions: Cariboocreek
I don't think of cost....I select only PetroCan 94 and think of my engine. No cheap crap.
I don't worry about cost at all: it runs just as well on 91 or 94? I use to use 94 Chevron. Shell only has 91 - so, that is what I use - AMP!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.