You're 5
Jun 23, 2018
Golden BC
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Coupe
Province
BC
Well I am officially a former Corvette owner. Sold my car at dealer auction today. Took a pretty big lump but that's how it goes. Wrong time of year and people are scared of major mods, lesson learned. (I kinda knew this but was in denial) I fell in love with the car though and will be replacing it in the spring! In the mean time I can shop and drool at your cars!

I made the jump from big block, blown classic muscle cars to the Vette so I could drive all day without watch the temp gauge all the time. Still love the classics but hard to beat new modern muscle. If someone told you 25 years ago that we would have 600+ hp cars getting 30 miles per gallon we would have said not a chance but here we are! I will probably buy another C7, maybe even the right C6. All winter to shop now.

Well I am officially a former Corvette owner. Sold my car at dealer auction today. Took a pretty big lump but that's how it goes. Wrong time of year and people are scared of major mods, lesson learned. (I kinda knew this but was in denial) I fell in love with the car though and will be replacing it in the spring! In the mean time I can shop and drool at your cars!

I always think of even minor mods, that for every $1 I have invested (perhaps with the exception of a Borla or Corsa exhaust), is exactly $1 lost. But if the money I spend on that mod brings years of happiness as I own it, that is what is important to me.

As to major mods, such as hopping up a motor, I think you sadly experienced that many feel about such major mods as a liability, fearful of how the previous owned treated those steriodical upgrades.

Sorry you took a bath today. But now you can recover, and plan ahead as to what will be your replacement Corvette. It might work out well for you buying as late as you can, for next spring and beyond, those of us who are trading in our pristine C7’s (getting an ME) are going to take a bath, e.g., expecting about 50 cents on the dollar for my impeccably maintained, 20,000 mile, 2015 Z06. And so when that happens, some C6 owners are going to be selling theirs, smartly looking for a great condition C7 trade-ins or private sales, and then some C5 owners will trade up, etc.

Best of luck finding what you are looking for.

I always think of even minor mods, that for every $1 I have invested (perhaps with the exception of a Borla or Corsa exhaust), is exactly $1 lost. But if the money I spend on that mod brings years of happiness as I own it, that is what is important to me.

As to major mods, such as hopping up a motor, I think you sadly experienced that many feel about such major mods as a liability, fearful of how the previous owned treated those steriodical upgrades.

Sorry you took a bath today. But now you can recover, and plan ahead as to what will be your replacement Corvette. It might work out well for you buying as late as you can, for next spring and beyond, those of us who are trading in our pristine C7’s (getting an ME) are going to take a bath, e.g., expecting about 50 cents on the dollar for my impeccably maintained, 20,000 mile, 2015 Z06. And so when that happens, some C6 owners are going to be selling theirs, smartly looking for a great condition C7 trade-ins or private sales, and then some C5 owners will trade up, etc.

Best of luck finding what you are looking for.

Agreed Mods are throwaway $$. I’m horribly guilty of this phenomenon as I’ve thrown on many cosmetic mods that will be worth little to nothing at the time of resale. My thoughts on performance mods are exactly the same. I would be very careful buying a car with any. Knowing the previous owner and the cars well would be mandatory for me to buy a performance modded car.
Dan and all of us will have a increasing amount of pristine C7 and likely C6s to choose from as the months roll by after the C8 is released for sales. This will likely generate some great deals for pre-owned and even new C7 cars.
From what I can see it’s definitely going to be a buyers market soon for some excellent used Corvettes.

Bang on, the previous owner took a bigger bath then me. Had I paid almost 30k in mods on top of the 75ish for the car I would have reason to complain! I look forward to a potential great selection of nice C7's coming on to the market!

Sorry to see you vette-less and true, selling is in the timing.
Found this dealership this week with a lineup of new "specimens" and a special until the end of the month with "inclusive" ceramic coating added to the deal. When discussing with them why they have so many, I was lead to believe they took unwanted allocations of other dealerships and are preparing to store remaining inventory so that new on-lot inventory is there to sell in 2019 and for the Spring GM allotment requirements (past 30-90 day sales). It's a lot of over-head to carry however I did notice that the entire row was not top dollar specification (no 3LT and no 3LZ). Thinking this is rather intelligent of this dealer's general sales manager.
In the meantime, Best of Good Fortune with you investing your sale proceeds
with intention of acquiring a new Corvette in the Spring.

This is what surprised me
as I drove in 26Sep2018
24A91681-1DBB-44C3-988B-8FE4D1727875.jpeg

Last edited:
C7 discounts off sticker can be as high as 30% right now. Perhaps more for specific cases such as 2017 3LT and 3LZ. An on-line search will bring up new C7s across the country. Next spring will surely bring some great bargains for C6's and 7's. The anticipation and searching over the winter will be a great pleasure - good luck and enjoy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.