rate corvette depot.ca

• Total voters
Look at this part they sent me. I ordered a brake/clutch pad. They sent a mislabelled emergency foot brake pad. How does a person working at CD not know this is not a brake/clutch pad. I mean it's 2" wide and tall!

Attachments

• IMG_8593-1.JPG
    IMG_8593-1.JPG
    339.3 KB · Views: 24
The worst part is, I'm going to have to box it up, take it to the post office, pay for postage and wait 2 weeks to get the correct one.
I was hoping after all this they would have just sent out the correct one right away, but not corvette depot, they want you to feel the pain for their mistakes.

The worst part is, I'm going to have to box it up, take it to the post office, pay for postage and wait 2 weeks to get the correct one.
I was hoping after all this they would have just sent out the correct one right away, but not corvette depot, they want you to feel the pain for their mistakes.
That is why I washed my hands of them and just kept the poor quality parts. I have a box of crap chinesium Corvette parts that will never be used. I refused to pay shipping back.

Ok, ok, I get the message here. I had them bookmarked and a few things in the cart, but have now deleted them. So... can anybody recommend a good, preferably Canadian, site to deal with or is that a topic for another thread?

Ok, ok, I get the message here. I had them bookmarked and a few things in the cart, but have now deleted them. So... can anybody recommend a good, preferably Canadian, site to deal with or is that a topic for another thread?
Great question.
From experience and research on the topic, I have to say corvette central is the way to go, they have a vast array of items, good pricing, fast shipping, and quality parts. Although it is in USD when you calculate the exchange it all works out to the same or less than Canadian sellers. One of the benefits of using corvette central is they calculate all the taxes to get it to your front door using UPS. So the price at checkout is what you pay plus the exchange rate.
I also find their website super easy to navigate and customer service seems excellent so far.

FYI: I ordered 27 parts from corvette central on Monday, it was shipped on Tuesday and scheduled to arrive on Thursday (according to UPS) My last order with corvette depot took 2-3 weeks and you can read about my experience above.........

UPDATE ON CORVETTE DEPOT..
I received a call from a nice lady at Corvette Depot today, she wanted to make things right and offered to ship out the brake pad as soon as it was in stock and said I didn’t need to return the emergency brake pad sent in error.
She also provided a credit on file equal to 10% off my last order, which I feel was the right thing to do. She also credited the amount it cost me to return the defective hood inserts.
I do greatly appreciate corvette depot seeing the error of their ways but just wish they would have done all this 3 weeks ago.
I can’t say for certain if they have changed the way they will deal with all customer returns in the future. I can only hope for their sake they do.
Seeing I do have a credit on file, I will order some parts in the near future and report back here on how the process went, the quality of the products along with shipping costs ( which mentioned by others as an issue), and time from order to door.
I would also recommend they offer CCF members a 10% discount moving forward to try and win back some of the business they have lost due to bad customer service. I am certainly not suggesting I am sold on CD again, the issue of poor quality parts (not all) still needs to be addressed by CD Along with full disclosure on the origin of parts they sell. If it’s made in China SAY SO! If it’s made in the USA, SAY SO! This info is vital to corvette owners and has a huge bearing on whether or not they will purchase that particular part.
And to be quite frank, I really don't care if you buy certain parts from corvette central or ZIP or Corvette America. Just tell me! really I'm ok with you making your margin for the convenience of buying from a Canadian company. The truth will set you free and build trust with your customers.
Thanks for listening😀

Last edited:
Reminiscent of an experience with Corvette Specialties in Surrey BC where they swapped in various used parts from other vehicles or their shop shelf to attempt to diagnose my no start. Can laugh now at the comment from the owner several days into their efforts "haven't had one beat me yet"! Much more to my story but would advise under no circumstances entrusting this outfit to your diagnostics. Many auto parts suppliers are choosing to inform customers after they've got our money that they're out of stock / item on back order / however they choose to phrase it (waiting for stock on a differential from Eastcoast Moparts as of this writing)! From this point forward I'll be verifying availability before ordering from anyone!

• Haha
Reactions: turbozig
I recently purchased about $1,300 worth of parts with corvettedepot.ca Never mind the fact it took forever to receive the order and 4 of the parts were back-ordered. One of the parts, a very expensive set of chrome hood inserts was clearly defective. I took pictures, filled out the paperwork, and sent them back (my cost) 3 weeks rolls by and this guy at CD says he's waiting for an answer, an answer for what and from who? He was always vague about this. Finally, after 3 weeks he says the manufacturer should get back to us in a week and a half. (which could mean another 3 weeks). I said, according to your refund policy I am entitled to a refund for defective products within 30 days, ? I would like to request a refund as I'm not willing to wait another 2 weeks +.
He says oh, that's a whole new set of paperwork I have to fill out and request! I said had I known it was going to take months to get the inserts replaced I would have just requested a refund right away. Why didn't you tell me this in the beginning? He said not up to me to tell you what to do, say what!
If that wasn't bad enough, the brake /clutch pad that was back-ordered arrived and it was a tiny emergency brake pad about 2 inches wide! I called Ron at CD and he said I'll send out a return RMA, send pictures and send it back, wtf is going on here. I'm spending money and time sending you parts back at my expense and waiting weeks upon weeks to get a refund or replacement all due to your screw-ups!
Corvette depot will never see another dime from me, the incompetence is beyond belief!

....Corvette Central just got my second order for $1,000. We'll see how that goes but I'm betting nothing tops being jerked around by corvettedepot.ca
I used them in the past, they are a middle man operation with no savings over direct orders to the states Paragon or Corvette Central. I thought buy Canadian, but they are not worth it.
Good luck.

My 2 cents worth is you have to shop. I have looked at CD, the hose connection I needed was from the water pump up to the expansion tank. CD was more expensive without shipping and taxes then the same part from Corvette Central including exchange
shipping and taxes. Got the parts in about 2 days from CC.
Weatherstrip... I checked CD, Eckler, CC, mid America, Rock Auto, Zip. Prices were all over the place and quality was not clear.. I wound up going with Corvette Rubber Company . Made in USA, great quality and perfect fit. Cost was midway between cheapest and highest,
A lot of basic parts like brakes are easily sourced locally as was a water pump. Prices and quality from Rock Auto are good, and quoted in CDN dollars, you pay only the total on your invoice at checkout and delivery is a few days. In general CD always seems to have the highest prices and the longest delivery times.

Reactions: dannyboy
My 2 cents worth is you have to shop. I have looked at CD, the hose connection I needed was from the water pump up to the expansion tank. CD was more expensive without shipping and taxes then the same part from Corvette Central including exchange
shipping and taxes. Got the parts in about 2 days from CC.
Weatherstrip... I checked CD, Eckler, CC, mid America, Rock Auto, Zip. Prices were all over the place and quality was not clear.. I wound up going with Corvette Rubber Company . Made in USA, great quality and perfect fit. Cost was midway between cheapest and highest,
A lot of basic parts like brakes are easily sourced locally as was a water pump. Prices and quality from Rock Auto are good, and quoted in CDN dollars, you pay only the total on your invoice at checkout and delivery is a few days. In general CD always seems to have the highest prices and the longest delivery times.
This is good advice but .....here is my take:

1. At least 6-8 times per year Corvette central and Top Flight has 10-15% off sitewide and if you see free shipping, click on details and it will say "US Customers free shipping CDN customers 10% off order."

2. The three best companies for Parts/quality/price are imo as follows:
- Price/Discounts/Sales/fast shipping = Corvette central
-Instock/Inhouse manufacturing(door panels etc)/discounts = Top flight
-Quality/Restoration/diagrams/advice = Paragon (don't look for discounts unless $5K and up)

Why I like Corvette Central: Good quality parts, fast shipping (UPS), price at checkout is what you pay! plus (using Visa/MasterCard) 34% so if you subtract 10-15% Sale from exchange just add 20% to get the CDN price, to your door within 5 days or less in my experience).
**Side note to Corvette Central: 2 weeks after my last shipment, I received a $30 credit?, the reason was that UPS charged them $30 less for my last order, so we gave it back to you! Would I have preferred them putting it back on my Visa, yes! but I'm just glad they were honest. I'll take $30 credit any day!

When I need parts, I check those websites plus Corvette depot in Canada, and let me tell you CD is considerably higher and they don't disclose where the parts are coming from! I think their business model is based on 30-35% dealer discount from most corvette suppliers, they add another 20-50% on top then hit you with huge! shipping charges. And imo the quality of many parts are suspect.
I have compared many sale prices at CD and they are still higher the CC.....