rate corvette depot.ca

• Total voters
Mar 8, 2020
VetteCoins
Car
78 C3
Province
ON
I recently purchased about $1,300 worth of parts with corvettedepot.ca Never mind the fact it took forever to receive the order and 4 of the parts were back-ordered. One of the parts, a very expensive set of chrome hood inserts was clearly defective. I took pictures, filled out the paperwork, and sent them back (my cost) 3 weeks rolls by and this guy at CD says he's waiting for an answer, an answer for what and from who? He was always vague about this. Finally, after 3 weeks he says the manufacturer should get back to us in a week and a half. (which could mean another 3 weeks). I said, according to your refund policy I am entitled to a refund for defective products within 30 days, ? I would like to request a refund as I'm not willing to wait another 2 weeks +.
He says oh, that's a whole new set of paperwork I have to fill out and request! I said had I known it was going to take months to get the inserts replaced I would have just requested a refund right away. Why didn't you tell me this in the beginning? He said not up to me to tell you what to do, say what!
If that wasn't bad enough, the brake /clutch pad that was back-ordered arrived and it was a tiny emergency brake pad about 2 inches wide! I called Ron at CD and he said I'll send out a return RMA, send pictures and send it back, wtf is going on here. I'm spending money and time sending you parts back at my expense and waiting weeks upon weeks to get a refund or replacement all due to your screw-ups!
Corvette depot will never see another dime from me, the incompetence is beyond belief!

....Corvette Central just got my second order for $1,000. We'll see how that goes but I'm betting nothing tops being jerked around by corvettedepot.ca

Last edited:
Reactions: Riley P
I recently purchased about $1,300 worth of parts with corvettedepot.ca Never mind the fact it took forever to receive the order and 4 of the parts were back-ordered. One of the parts, a very expensive set of chrome hood inserts was clearly defective. I took pictures, filled out the paperwork, and sent them back (my cost) 3 weeks rolls by and this guy at CD says he's waiting for an answer, an answer for what and from who? He was always vague about this. Finally, after 3 weeks he says the manufacturer should get back to us in a week and a half. (which could mean another 3 weeks). I said, according to your refund policy I am entitled to a refund for defective products within 30 days, ? I would like to request a refund as I'm not willing to wait another 2 weeks +.
He says oh, that's a whole new set of paperwork I have to fill out and request! I said had I known it was going to take months to get the inserts replaced I would have just requested a refund right away. Why didn't you tell me this in the beginning? He said not up to me to tell you what to do, say what!
If that wasn't bad enough, the brake /clutch pad that was back-ordered arrived and it was a tiny emergency brake pad about 2 inches wide! I called Ron at CD and he said I'll send out a return RMA, send pictures and send it back, wtf is going on here. I'm spending money and time sending you parts back at my expense and waiting weeks upon weeks to get a refund or replacement all due to your screw-ups!
Corvette depot will never see another dime from me, the incompetence is beyond belief!

....Corvette Central just got my second order for $1,000. We'll see how that goes but I'm betting nothing tops being jerked around by corvettedepot.ca

I had a few very bad experiences with CD and received extremely poor quality chinesium parts with issues returning. I will never deal with them ever again. I deal almost exclusively now with Corvette Central. Great quality parts and fantastic customer service and returns. Corvette Central really cares about what they sell and pleasing thier customers.

Reactions: Riley P
Corvette central has been great so far and the quality of parts can’t possibly be worse than corvette depot.
I asked several times who the manufacturer of the chrome inserts was and I never got an answer, they won’t tell you who they buy them from either. Why not be straight forward and honest with customers? They are very underhanded and I wouldn’t trust them as far as I could throw them!

Last edited:
I concur, I paid $61.00(shipping, handling, taxes etc) for a $30 hood support. I had ordered a yellow console for my `08, which was discontinued, fine . but. I had tried to cancel the order BEFORE shipment by e-mail. they sent the Hood support anyway. I will never deal with them again.

That sounds like a terrible experience, and we can’t let this keep happening. Please let me know at your convenience how to best reach you so we can resolve this.

@CorvetteDepot : Ask Ron how to reach me, I've only called him 15 times to try and get this resolved and got the same answer every time. "I'll call you tomorrow by end of the day" those calls never came when he said they would.
UPDATE: RON CALLED ME TODAY AND SAID "WE CAN NOW SEND OUT YOUR HOOD INSERT REPLACEMENTS! AND WE WILL PROBABLY SEND OUT THE PROPER BRAKE/CLUTCH PAD AS WELL"
If 4 out of 5 people rate CD as terrible or never again, you might think about improving your customer service to start. When a customer has a return that's legit, don't make them feel like you are doing them a favour then proceed to jerk them around for weeks on end. If the products are defective or wrong, don't put the burden of cost to ship them back on the customer, it's your issue, not theirs!

If you guys put as much time and energy into pleasing customers as you do jerking them around and hoping they give up on getting their issue resolved, you’d be parts company with a high degree of trust within the corvette world.
Always remember, it costs 3x as much to get a new customer as it does to keep the ones you have happy.”

CORVETTE CENTRAL UPDATE:
Ordered 27 parts from corvette central Monday. a day later I got confirmation it had shipped and will be delivered Thursday by end of the day! Holy smokes that's good!
I received a 10% discount on my order as well! they got corvette depot beat by 2-3 weeks+!!!

Which reminds me.....
corvette depot had a 10% off deal at the time I ordered my parts but only if you were on their email list, of which I was. Stupid me forgot to put the code in and I didn't get the discount. I called Ron at CD and said I did everything right, was on the email list, ordered and paid for the parts right away, and waited patiently for the parts which took a while. Can you please find it in your heart to advance me the 10% discount anyway? He said sorry, the sale is over and we can't go back in time, sorry you didn't input the code.
How about being upfront with your customers and posting the code during the sale like corvette central does among others, why so sneaky about the sale? you make customers jump through hoops to get a measly 10% and if they forget to input the code you basically look at it like a win for CD. Shame on you. Whoever is running that company better wake up quick or there won't be a company to run soon.

CORVETTE CENTRAL UPDATE:
Ordered 27 parts from corvette central Monday. a day later I got confirmation it had shipped and will be delivered Thursday by end of the day! Holy smokes that's good!
I received a 10% discount on my order as well! they got corvette depot beat by 2-3 weeks+!!!

Which reminds me.....
corvette depot had a 10% off deal at the time I ordered my parts but only if you were on their email list, of which I was. Stupid me forgot to put the code in and I didn't get the discount. I called Ron at CD and said I did everything right, was on the email list, ordered and paid for the parts right away, and waited patiently for the parts which took a while. Can you please find it in your heart to advance me the 10% discount anyway? He said sorry, the sale is over and we can't go back in time, sorry you didn't input the code.
How about being upfront with your customers and posting the code during the sale like corvette central does among others, why so sneaky about the sale? you make customers jump through hoops to get a measly 10% and if they forget to input the code you basically look at it like a win for CD. Shame on you. Whoever is running that company better wake up quick or there won't be a company to run soon.
Sounds like they, CD. are doing everything right ---- to lose customers

Last edited: