I have a long list of things to retorque.
Basically check all hose clamps and tie up any loose wiring.
Pretty much done,I just need to plumb in my boost gauge.
I’m thinking by the first week of April I’ll book it into Davenports so they can work their magic on good tune and get me burning rubber.
Lol
9CB50B14-8FF0-4E48-A734-DC23C2E9DC6D.jpeg

Beautiful job @smokindave. Will have to see if the fog lamps catch some debris in all the nooks and crannies. I'm considering them but looking at all options including the LED bars.

Beautiful job @smokindave. Will have to see if the fog lamps catch some debris in all the nooks and crannies. I'm considering them but looking at all options including the LED bars.
Thanks and I have the same concerns with the rocks collecting in the nooks and cracks.
I did look at taking the covers off the OEM lights but it’s just not easy or worthwhile doing.
Crazy thing is I never use or turn on my fog lights.
I’m going to have to put in the effort and turn em on.:) lol

Reactions: RockyPM
Today is a short day in the garage.
I have my physio appointment this afternoon.

Today I plan on checking and tight check all bolts and hose clamps.
I’m going to grind the welds off exhaust system and realign one last time.
It’s a pain in the butt to get both sides exactly the same as the other,drives me crazy when I look at it.
The passenger side is over to the outside of the car by a half inch or so compared to the drivers side.
I’m probably the only one that would notice.
But once that is sorted I’ll put tack welds on all the joints once again.

im also going to take out the new taillights and plug them in so I no longer have them set up as sequential.
It didn’t impress me like the way it works on the headlight signal light.

I do hope to start getting the car masked off for a cut,polish and then a ceramic coating today but have all weekend for that.
Cheers

Reactions: RockyPM
I dropped my ECU off at Davenports today.
Tomorrow I should be able to fire the madness up.;)

After some leak and other checks I’ll book the car in to Davenports for a proper tune.

While at Davenports I did have a good look around.
They have a lot of Corvettes in there for superchargers and tunes.
I did see a C8 there too.

I’m sure getting excited to hear my car though...;)

I was looking on Kijiji and couldn’t believe it when I saw a add for a Edelbrock E Force supercharger and it was for a ls2 c6 corvette.

Of course I bought it and took it home and right away got my car up on jack stands and got to work.

I got the front bumper off the car and then got the intake,coils,valve covers and one head off and then had to go to work.

First thing on Monday morning I fall off the top of a sea can at work and broke my back.

So I’m thinking my car will be on hold for six weeks and then I’d get back to work on the car.
I didn’t really have the much more to do to finish the job,the install is pretty simple and then take it in to Davenports and get it tuned.
Sounds like a reasonable plan....wrong!

Well at the time I was 59 and apparently the older you get the longer to heal.
It’s taken from July to the end of January to heal.
I have not been in my garage in all that time but I have been planning.
My build started off as a simple supercharger system running stock fuel pump and a 3.74”pulley on the supercharger,low boost would of made 554 hp at the crank.View attachment 77723View attachment 77724View attachment 77725View attachment 77726View attachment 77727nice and clean for so many milesView attachment 77728View attachment 77729View attachment 77730View attachment 77731
So I planned on doing head gaskets while doing the install,I thought that with boost and the engine having 90,000 miles it was a no brainer decision.
Nice project. I don't think I'd go that far. But that's me. I'm satisfied with the speed I get with my 2K C5 with ABS and TRACTION CONTROL LIGHTS ON CLUSTER. I'll be checking the HARNESS. Sometimes simple fix works that's when the weather permits (EDMONTON) I'm open for recommendations and ideas. Thanks in advance.

Reactions: smokindave
Awesome thread here @smokindave .
The anticipation is building like intake boost pressure!!
Thanks for bringing us along with this modification journey.
Are you doing any upgrades further down the driveline? transmission or differential or fresh fluids change?
:Cheers2:

This morning I went to Davenports and picked up my ECU.
It’s so nice to finally hear the madness.
A big thank you to Steve at Davenports for getting my car running after all the modifications I did over the winter.

I don’t see a way to post video,is a YouTube link the only way?
Hey Dave. Once you reach 100 posts, you will be able to insert video up to 100 megs directly into a post. Until you reach that and if they are over the 100megs, then Youtube or one of the other like sites is your only option.

So I noticed that I had a puddle forming under my car.
It’s power steering fluid,so I tightened up the return line at the reservoir and it started leaking worse so I pulled the reservoir thinking it was leaking and no it’s the return line with the tube cooler on it.
So I ordered a new hose from Rock Auto and it should be here on April 5th.

So today I decided to pull the return hose.
I forgot how much fun it is to undo the fitting to the rack and pinion.
After a hour or so I got it off.
I had to sacrifice a few wrenches due to modifications.
I cut them and made a box end 12 point into a line wrench.
While I wait for a new hose I’ll finish off my first cutting polish and tomorrow I’ll use the micro polish and then a good waxing.

Thanks to Carson for bringing to my attention that after all the work I’ve done I should be changing my transmission and rear differential oils.
Gotta admit that was something I didn’t think about but I’m betting that it hasn’t ever been changed and at 90,000 miles it’s probably way past due so today I’m going to pull the plugs on my differential and let it drain for a couple of days.
It would be nice to be able to drive it and warm up that thick oil so it drains fast but with my power steering hose off I don’t have that option,I’m sure it’ll drain out completely by Sunday and then I can fill er up.
So once again thanks Carson!
Cheers and have a great Easter weekend!
6E6863B3-4769-4644-9190-0624A5972B54.jpeg
8A7D5184-FE9F-401B-9CB7-210D74268956.jpeg
There was a huge scratch here now it’s gone

I forgot how much fun it is to put a serpentine belt on a c6.
The belt fits tight,maybe even too tight.
There is only about a quarter inch of play left in the idler pulley and I don’t imagine this belt stretching after first fire up.
Because of the supercharger the one rad hose has to be disconnected to change belts.
I don’t want to fill up my system only to have to dump it out to change my serpentine out to one a half inch longer.
Anyone have a opinion on my little issue?View attachment 78803 The idler pulley is definitely at max pull.View attachment 78804Thera not much room for the idler pulley to move other than there is just enough in the idler to get the belt on.
Always follow recommendations!!!
Stock or OEM parts if possible considering our ride is not that young anymore. Cheers 🥂😷

Since to site shutdown I be been very busy.
I’m sure the serpentine belt I put on is a bit short so I ordered a 102” and it should be here today.There was only a 1/4” of play in the idler pulley and I don’t think that’s enough play,I’m positive I’m going to hit the throttle and the serpentine belt will just snap.
So I drained out all antifreeze out of the system so I can remove a rad hose so I can re and re the serpentine belt.
So I drained out all antifreeze out of the system so I can remove a rad hose so I can re and re the serpentine belt.

I noticed I had a little leak on my power steering so I ordered a new tube oil cooler and hoses and installed yesterday.

I also changed brake fluid to some greasy new fluid and bled the complete brake system along with clutch fluid and bled that system. My car requires dot 3 for the brake and dot 4 for the clutch.

Yesterday I also changed out my manual transmission oil,it requires dextron 3 but apparently is not available anymore as the updated the formula to dextron 6.
I did flush it out with a couple of extra litres of dextron 6.

I also changed out my rear differential oil.
I went with the Royal Purple differential oil.
After 91,000 miles I was very happy to see that the oil that came out was fairly clean.

I have physiotherapy this afternoon so a short day in my garage today.
I have to reinstall the front sway bar.
I need to go over the whole front end with a torque wrench.
I have all my wiring and boost gauge hose through the firewall now.
I just need to wire in the lights for the gauges to the dimmer switch and mount the gauge pod on the pillar.
If all goes as planned I should be taking my car to Davenports to work their magic and get me a good tune.

I’ll post pictures soon of the progress,I have finished two stages of my three stage paint resurrection.
I can honestly my car is looking the best since I took her into my stable.
Cheers
CB024DA8-D694-432D-86DE-A92BF579AE6C.jpeg
My open hood selfie

Yesterday I installed my pillar gauges.
I now have my boost gauge and my air/fuel ratio gauge installed in the gauge pod.

I drilled a hole through the firewall right beside where the two cables for the hood lock go through the firewall.
It was easy to fish with a coat hanger the wiring from the A/F sensor at the headers along with the boost reference hose through the firewall.
I sealed the hole afterwards with silicone,I don’t want a leak through the firewall.

I then fished the wires and the boost hose through the pillar where I drilled a 7/8 hole to fish the wires into the pillar pod.
It took me a fair amount of time to find the best fuse to piggyback some power from that was a switched power source.
I did read in the interweb world that the seat heating fuse would be a switched source.

When I started looking I found three fuses right away in the footwell in a small covered fuse box beside the big fuse panel.
All of them were live and not switched.
After about a hour I noticed up at the top of the big fuse panel is a 10 amp fuse that has printed “heated seat/windshield wipers all abbreviated.

That’s the one,sure wish someone in the interweb would of posted exactly what or where to hook up to.
In the piggyback connector I put in the 10 amp fuse and a 5 amp fuse to power the air/fuel gauge.

My air/fuel gauge is working perfectly now and all of my dash is back together.
I also installed a 102” serpentine belt that fits perfectly.
I also refilled my coolant because of dropping it to change that serpentine belt out.
Twas nice to hear her again.
Today a will reinstall my sway bar and wheels and finally get my car on the wheels once again,she’s been on jack stands since July 2020.
Cheers
C166C7B3-714C-4262-9629-EA4CB64887E3.jpeg
9D459872-BC52-4772-B7A0-17D99C46C177.jpeg

Last edited:
Today turned out to be a great day,I started in my garage finishing up my todo list and the good news is that my car is now on her wheels.

I took her for a quick ride and let me tell you she sure makes some noise now.lol
The last time I drove he she was a totally stock Corvette.
After all the modifications I’ve done over the winter she is a beast.
Loving it!
Cheers 🍻
3DA991C0-B66C-4911-B794-98FEE08FFAFE.jpeg
A77D60B7-C4DB-413F-9F4F-BF7B1352F758.jpeg
97A3928F-0C78-41F1-9973-FF9A7BAD2ADE.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.