I bought a Halltech bees hive cover.
It was a uncut version,today I cut and installed my cold air intake.
2F1EE1BD-A971-4052-91C5-B449BE569F23.jpeg
C9D2C5FB-C211-4180-8E09-ED3D75391D7B.jpeg

Today I started early and ceramic coated my car.
I will not be afraid to do that again.
I was thinking my car was shiny before the ceramic but now it’s a deep shine.
Even my wife noticed the difference.;)
6CEA4214-B40E-4008-B175-10969C76AFE9.jpeg
729F5BA6-D036-4505-B4D5-2910758E1B8D.jpeg
I did the windshield too,tomorrow I will do my wheels and tailpipes.

Today I started early and ceramic coated my car.
I will not be afraid to do that again.
I was thinking my car was shiny before the ceramic but now it’s a deep shine.
Even my wife noticed the difference.;)I did the windshield too,tomorrow I will do my wheels and tailpipes.
which product did you use? Let us know how it went for the wheels. I am not familiar with ceramic coating but won't the tailpipes become too hot for the coating?

Good looking job! Wow that is a deep shine!

Hey all I hope yer all having a great summer with your Corvettes.

Last Friday after giving a good under hood wash my alternator decided that it would die on me.
I called a local dealer for a price on a new replacement and was shocked when quoted over $900 for a replacement.

So today I’ve parked it back in my garage,I’m going to jack her up and put her back onto the jack stands and pull the alternator and take it in for a rebuild.

I’m also going to install my Alky methanol injection system and then take her back in for a new tune.

While I’m working underneath her I need to have a really good look at my power steering pump.
I think I may have a leak.

I checked my onboard fuel mileage and running 623 hp at the wheels my average is 22 mpg.

Hey all I hope yer all having a great summer with your Corvettes.

Last Friday after giving a good under hood wash my alternator decided that it would die on me.
I called a local dealer for a price on a new replacement and was shocked when quoted over $900 for a replacement.

So today I’ve parked it back in my garage,I’m going to jack her up and put her back onto the jack stands and pull the alternator and take it in for a rebuild.

I’m also going to install my Alky methanol injection system and then take her back in for a new tune.

While I’m working underneath her I need to have a really good look at my power steering pump.
I think I may have a leak.

I checked my onboard fuel mileage and running 623 hp at the wheels my average is 22 mpg.
I hope you weren’t using a power washer. What are you thinking sbout !!!😳😳😳

I hope you weren’t using a power washer. What are you thinking sbout !!!😳😳😳
Yes I power washed under my hood but didn’t hit the alternator.
I wash under the hood every other wash.

I’ve owned the car for over seven years now and Im sure the alternator is the original so I’m thinking it just wore out.
Cheers 🍻

Just to update everyone my Alky meth system is all installed and ready to go to Davenports tomorrow morning for some tuning.

While I was installing the kit I took my alternator in to get rebuilt because I had the engine light come on and the message to service charging system.

So today when I started the car up it did the same thing and put up the service engine light.
My battery gauge jumped up to 17 volts.
At this point I was losing my mind.
I hooked up my code reader and pulled out code P0690.
After searching the interweb and after a bunch of readings decided to pull the relays out and jiggle them as I put them back in and that’s what fixed the problem.
I could of saved myself $194 for rebuilding a good alternator if I would of just jiggled a relay or two.
Still better than buying a new one from the dealer at $990.
I’m sure a return after being installed wouldn’t be accepted.

So if you ever get a warning to service your charging system jiggle your relays before throwing money at it.

I am hoping to go to Castrol racetrack in Leduc on Friday and get some time slips.
Davenports has rented the track for the day.
I will post some video and pictures if I am able to attend.
Cheers 🍻

Just to update everyone my Alky meth system is all installed and ready to go to Davenports tomorrow morning for some tuning.

While I was installing the kit I took my alternator in to get rebuilt because I had the engine light come on and the message to service charging system.

So today when I started the car up it did the same thing and put up the service engine light.
My battery gauge jumped up to 17 volts.
At this point I was losing my mind.
I hooked up my code reader and pulled out code P0690.
After searching the interweb and after a bunch of readings decided to pull the relays out and jiggle them as I put them back in and that’s what fixed the problem.
I could of saved myself $194 for rebuilding a good alternator if I would of just jiggled a relay or two.
Still better than buying a new one from the dealer at $990.
I’m sure a return after being installed wouldn’t be accepted.

So if you ever get a warning to service your charging system jiggle your relays before throwing money at it.

I am hoping to go to Castrol racetrack in Leduc on Friday and get some time slips.
Davenports has rented the track for the day.
I will post some video and pictures if I am able to attend.
Cheers 🍻
Looking forward to your track trip.... Videos are always popular here too... :thumbs:

7D1EEAF7-9C5F-4622-9C15-7E9A7F4BEC20.jpeg
9FBA4FF1-2B26-4A45-B35F-EA180CF66165.jpeg
Not much to see other than the injectors and supply line and my freshly rebuilt alternator.
I did take the Edelbrock coil covers,they sure look good but I think they were holding to much heat under the hood.
They are cast aluminum and they sure do get hot and hold the heat for a long time.
I maybe selling them in the future with all brackets…
Cheers 🍻

View attachment 84362View attachment 84363Not much to see other than the injectors and supply line and my freshly rebuilt alternator.
I did take the Edelbrock coil covers,they sure look good but I think they were holding to much heat under the hood.
They are cast aluminum and they sure do get hot and hold the heat for a long time.
I maybe selling them in the future with all brackets…
Cheers 🍻
What kind of material did you use for your cold intake? Pls. Share thanks 😄🤓👍

Looking forward to your track trip.... Videos are always popular here too... :thumbs:
My car is at Davenports getting tuned for the meth so it’s looking like I will be going.
I’ll have the dash cam going and my daughter is going with me so I’m hoping to talk her into running my camcorder so yes I will post some pictures and video.
Cheers 🍻

I had a great time up in Leduc at the Castrol racetrack.
I definitely need some race slicks,first three gears was spinning.
Best time I got was 11:65,pretty sure I would be in the tens with slicks.
First thing I did when I got home was remove my SLP Loudmouth exhaust and put my stock exhaust back in the car.
My ears rang for a couple of days after that highway drive.

Reactions: OL Yeller
Yeah. You're already close to a second under that limit. I was gonna suggest watching the forum for a change over set of Michelin PSS or Cup 2. Not great for colder weather driving but super sticky when they get warm.

Reactions: smokindave
First thing I did when I got home was remove my SLP Loudmouth exhaust and put my stock exhaust back in the car.
View attachment 84986View attachment 84987

View attachment 84986View attachment 84987
What was your mile per hour?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.