Still waiting for this one. It's been sitting on the BGA lot since May :confused:.

View attachment 41312
Well... that was a painful wait. Buddys car his on its way now :canada:.
Now I just need mine, then we can slip a few road trips in before the snow flies.

Capture.png

Reactions: ABC
So I saw a video on youtube where the air ducts in the rear picked up a piece of paper and caught fire. Apparently these ducts are only to be installed for tracking as they hang low and obviously can pick up debris. I just spoke to my dealer and they installed them, I told them to take them off. Does anyone know if there are front ones as well that hang low? I know there were panels for the front that they also put on but dont know if they also contain an air duct configuration. I am curious because if they do, I will have to tell my dealer to take them off as well. I find it amazing that I have to inform my dealer of these things.

There are front ducts that direct air towards the rotors but they do not hang down low like the back Z51 ones. There is a video that Morgan posted showing all these little plastic goodies that come with your C8. I believe the manual says to install the brake cooling ducts for the track. Some dealers install them as part of the PDI, some do not. Some instal them on the request of the owner.

Reactions: Gilles27
There are front ducts that direct air towards the rotors but they do not hang down low like the back Z51 ones. There is a video that Morgan posted showing all these little plastic goodies that come with your C8. I believe the manual says to install the brake cooling ducts for the track. Some dealers install them as part of the PDI, some do not. Some instal them on the request of the owner.

Thanks bucketoy. I see you are just from Whitby. Im beside you in Oshawa. How close is your car to build?

I have a Target Production Week of July 27th. I'm like everyone here, just hoping nothing else goes wrong 🤞.
We have almost identical cars. I have same build as you with a few additional things, carbon flash pinstripe, black rockers, fender hash. I pick mine up from dealership monday afternoon. They will be done PDI and waiting for me. Maybe we will cross paths.

I did see that video of the guy who had something flammable sucked into his rear brake air duct. Very rare, but I guess it can happen, and can have serious consequences. An option, to save time at the track, might be to install everything except the bottom half of the air duct. When you get to the track, you can just install the bottom piece.
It would look like this...
Screen Shot 2020-07-17 at 4.08.52 PM.png

I did see that video of the guy who had something flammable sucked into his rear brake air duct. Very rare, but I guess it can happen, and can have serious consequences. An option, to save time at the track, might be to install everything except the bottom half of the air duct. When you get to the track, you can just install the bottom piece.
It would look like this...View attachment 41918
I have zero intention of tracking mine anyway so I just asked that they uninstall them.

We have almost identical cars. I have same build as you with a few additional things, carbon flash pinstripe, black rockers, fender hash. I pick mine up from dealership monday afternoon. They will be done PDI and waiting for me. Maybe we will cross paths.
Which dealer are you taking delivery from?

FYI if anyone is still looking...As of yesterday, Wheaton in Red Deer has a blade silver 1LT with sky cool gray interior on the lot for 92k. Looks like about 15 over as it's pretty base.

• Haha
Reactions: AndrewJ
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.