RIP
Ontario You're a Regular 2 You're 10
Jan 29, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
VetteCoins
Province
ON
I wonder if this falls into entrapment.

This was posted on CCFBG. Cops in Halton are using undercover cars for traffic.

up-DGVK8RFCIBQ0FI94.jpg

So all you drivers in the west end, look twice.

Cab drivers are posing as cops! What the crap? Well, a cabbie can't make you speed, so I doubt it's entrapment. It is bieng sneaky putting a cab sign on top of the car.....who says a cop car has to look like a cop car. Maybe they should move up to looking like pizza delivery drivers once the cabbie thing gets old.

Last edited:
back in the early 70's metro toronto police had about four unmarked plymouth fury pursuit cars. two door 440 interceptors. people called them the parkway cars because the coppers cruised the don valley alot in them. the idea didn't last long because the cops were having way too much fun and wrecking them fairly often. one night i saw one scream out onto eglinton ave. in a cloud of tire smoke in hot pursuit of a corolla fer gawd's sake !!!

I have a very simple idea. Have transmitters in each speed zone that sends signals out. The computer in your car, and they all have one these days, could be set up to receive these signals. It would take a while before all cars were set up but it would work. When you car exceeds the speed limit by say 5kph the horn would start to blare and the head lights would flash. There is only one real reason for speeding and that is if you are taking someone to a hospital in a hurry, so the police would automatically know what is going on and lead the way. Of course this would cost the government a fortune in lost income from fines so it would never fly. It's about the money. An alternative would be a $5K fine for the first speeding ticket and lose your license for life after the second. Either idea would end speeding pretty much but kill government income too. Combine the two for maximum effect. If speeding is the killer that police claim, then these ideas have merit. If there is no merit, then the whole thing is just a money grab.
I too have heard stories of high speed crashes of police interceptors. Causing an accident to prevent one isn't exactly brilliant thinking. I don't care how fast your car is, it's pretty hard to outrun a police radio so there really isn't much reason for all the high speed chases. Then again, what would a hick from Omemee know?

I have a radar detector and a laser jammer and will not own a car without them again. Next I'm going with satin black paint. Fugem. :)

We are on the same page here HLN--FUGEM. Let me know what your choices are for detector/jammer combos. I think I'm overdue as someone who has lost my license twice for speeding too much.

So I just noticed you sent me a PM... I use tapatalk for iPhone so I thought the notification at the bottom was advertising LOL. If you want my installer just let me know. They've treated me good for years out here in Sherwood park.

LOL--I was wondering why you never replied. It would be good to know for next time--although I already got these ones done.

Did you buy your equipment at JBs automotive?

If you get a chance, reply to the PM--would love to talk 'Vettes someday!
[mob][/mob]

Out here we have had the police lately act as homeless people looking for change on street corners. They are dressed as such, but, their sign says "I am a policeman".What they are doing is giving out tickets for talking or texting on your cell phone. Over the years I have even been pulled over on the freeway where my speed was clocked from an airplane. They calculated the time traveled between mile markers.

Out here we have had the police lately act as homeless people looking for change on street corners. They are dressed as such, but, their sign says "I am a policeman".What they are doing is giving out tickets for talking or texting on your cell phone. Over the years I have even been pulled over on the freeway where my speed was clocked from an airplane. They calculated the time traveled between mile markers.

That's a new one. Here in Toronto, cops ride the TTC street cars looking for texting/talking in their cars while driving.

And Ontario has the plane thing too.

The plane thing became obsolete in Alberta about 15 years ago.........

I didn't know they still did it. People in a 'Vette should be OK. They only flu right above you on sunny days, so the top is down, or roof is off :).

Low flying aircraft is either a crop-duster, or a speed-plane. Phot-radar never gets me either--it's so easy to spot.

When I was a pharmaceutical rep, I once got pulled-over for speeding. I was selling blood pressure meds--often given to patients immediately after suffering a myocardial infarction (heart attack). Being the quick-thinking guy I am, I told the RCMP I had life-saving meds in the trunk, and was off to drop some samples off at a hospital about an hour away (they did call requesting this).

I ended-up getting away on that one.........:)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.