R

RockyPM

I've searched and can't seem to find any inforration on an issue that has come up (or not come up) since i've brought the car out of storage.
I've only put the top down twice so far but each time this has happenned. When I go to close the top, the tonneau cover goes up and when the roof tries to come up it rises about an inch then drops back down, it does this repeatedly until I release the switch and try again. After several tries it does close but I want to get this fixed before I get caught when it won't close. Anyone have this issue, hear of it and have a reason/solution?

Thanks in advance for your help and HELP!

Thanks Eric. There's nothing blocking it but I know the system his hydraulic (had the carpet and plastic pulled out when I installed the wind restrictor. Saw the pump and lines to the cylinders) Trying to get some feedback before I, GULP, head to the dealership.

Yeah.... I totally understand... It's hard to put faith in any dealership when you're driving a car that only makes up 0.02% of the local market automobile share...

Is he protective cover in the trunk secured properly. Make sure its pressed right in to clips! As for dealership, i would take it to a glass repair/ convertible top replacement shop first. I can almost guarantee you that s what the dealer would end up doing themselves. Eliminate the middle man!!! Never had this issue with my 2005.....when i owned it..

Does it make any noise like a pop or a crack? Is it binding on one side, or trying to lift evenly? Do you have the ability to flush the hydraulic fluid and refill it?

Back cover is tight to the switch LMBRICK. no popping or cracking sound happenning. just a slight lift and then drop down repeating if the switch is depressed. going to check out tomorrow hopefully. got a retirement tomorrow and moving my daughter on Sunday so have to fit it in somewhere.

It might be an idea to recheck that nothing was slightly disconnected when you installed the windscreen, also note 2-70 in the manual on using the roof manually at least that is the page number for the 08 C6, you also might like to ask this question to NCM folks or Corvette Magazine under Tech Nerd. Also Graham Borley, or Western Corvette (Lawrence) might have an answer.

Thanks *ZR01#. I installed the windrestrictor several years ago and it's not connected or near the top parts. It is working fine again and thanks for the idea of asking Graham. He's a few blocks away from me in Red Deer! LOL. I'm working away from home and my wife doesn't drive manual so can't get it to the shop! Whoa is me!

Rocky PM - Would you be kind enough to advise me of your (Cell number & Name) so that IF we have any issues meeting up with you folks on June 03 we can let you know we are on the way. As mentioned previously the three of us are going to be leaving Calgary at 0700 on June 03 to meet up with you in Red Deer for the 0900 departure, looking forward to meeting you - Tks Jon. (*ZR01#).

this is going to sound ridiculous, but have you tried re-indexing the windows? I was having trouble with my roof and re-indexing the windows seems to be something that needs to be done before tearing things apart, or when nothing else seems to be a problem

this is going to sound ridiculous, but have you tried re-indexing the windows? I was having trouble with my roof and re-indexing the windows seems to be something that needs to be done before tearing things apart, or when nothing else seems to be a problem
Not ridiculous at all. I should have suggested that!!! Good suggestion! Nice car BTW

Reactions: Shayne
Never thought of that as windows are working but will definitely do that again. thanks!

I would try disconnecting the battery overnight, reconnect it in the morning and then re-index the windows. This will reset all CPU's as well, worth a try. Sometimes hard booting the computers in new vehicles fixes some bizarre problems.

Hi everyone. I discionnected the battery, let it sit overnight reconnect and reindexed the windows and have not experienced the problem again.

Thanks for everyone's input and whew, I dodged a repair!

Reactions: turbozig
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.