Jeep top speed roof on 150 kph
Jeep top speed roof off, windshield down 152 kph

A Mopar win on this one lol

1583074988503.png

• Love
Reactions: ddgermann
In Alberta our fines and point loss is speed based as follows for pretty normal speeding offences. That being said though, 250 kph would definitely be classified as careless driving, especially if there were any other cars on the road or in a populated area. Fines for careless driving increase to between $600 to $2,000 with a possibility of up to 6 months jail time... If you're going to get a ticket for 250 kph, make sure it's a photo radar ticket....LOL....

How Many Speeding Ticket Points in Alberta Will I Get?
The number of Alberta demerit points for speeding will depend on how fast you were caught driving. There are 4 speeding ticket demerit points categories :

• 1-15 km/hr over : 2 demerits
  • 16-30 km/hr over : 3 demerits
  • 31-50 km/hr over : 4 demerits
  • 51+ km/hr over : 6 demerits

Speeding Ticket Fines Chart
Your speeding ticket fines in Alberta are based on the exact number of km/hr over the speed limit you are clocked at. Therefore your fines are directly attributed to speed. Here is a summary chart of speeding ticket fines in Alberta :

• 1-15 km/hr over : $78 - $120
  • 16-30 km/hr over : $140 - $239
  • 31-50 km/hr over : $253 - $474
  • 51+ km/hr over : $650 - $2000, plus the potential for a driver’s license suspension

Going to give the coupe a top speed run with the top off!

Windows up or down?

One of my many pet peeves is when Vert owners drive around with their windows up and roof down guess they don't like to mess up their hair, I say wear a hat:Banghead:
I agree: my top is always down as are the windows and I always wear a hat. Am I good? :ROFL:

• Haha
Reactions: Gilles27
I am fairly sure these laws are specific to Ontario, not Canada.

This all falls under provincial jurisdiction, so it is province-specific. Except Dangerous Operation of a motor vehicle, which is found under the Criminal Code, so standard all accross the country.

Not to brag but years ago I had my Kawasaki ZX14 do over 300 K's and hour. Was on an air strip so no worries. But was a blast and a real adrenalin rush. It was modified cause you can never have enough horse power. That was when I was young and foolish. Now I'm just old and foolish. And I ride a Harley. LOL. :motorcycle:

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: BDK and ddgermann
Not to brag but years ago I had my Kawasaki ZX14 do over 300 K's and hour. Was on an air strip so no worries. But was a blast and a real adrenalin rush. It was modified cause you can never have enough horse power. That was when I was young and foolish. Now I'm just old and foolish. And I ride a Harley. LOL. :motorcycle:
In a similar vein I got really excited about on Feb 12 when I learned that Kawasaki had re-done the 1973 Z1 I bought as a youngster; today called a Z900RS in the same colours as the original (brown and orange - Hires root beer). I rushed out to the local dealer and sat on one. Couldn't wait to buy one. Told my wife and she said; "buy the vette"; I don't want to take care of a vegetable. It's been 42 years since I sold my last bike; I really miss riding motorcycles and waited.
So, things sort of fell into place quickly; GM emailed me on Feb. 14 and said their C8 wait list was opening up again for Canadians (I was locked out for half a year or more - no new orders we being taken). My wife and I configured a C8 over the weekend of Feb.15 and 16. We put our $1k holding fee down on Feb. 18 (Feb. 17 was a holiday - Family Day). The wait is on.

I still miss motorcycles mainly because of this kind of action:
and
Check this out at 2:20

I feel that driving a car is for grandmothers but here I am... nearly a grandmother.

+1 for bikes.
Fastest I ever wound one up, was 307kph, on a Bandit 1200.....gps verified, because speedos on Japan bikes read 10% higher than actual speed.
Had a 75 KZ900 yrs ago. Dark green.
Sold my last bike (Hayabusa) in 14 'cause my health was not good. Ready to get back to it this yr.
When the Panagale (ferrari eater) 1198R came out, I took one for a demo ride. Amazing ride, but the worse ergos I've ever experienced.
Loved the 1098R I rode from Gatlinburg to Robbinsville via Deals Gap / Tail of the Dragon.
FJR 1300 is the only bike left on my shopping list.
Friday 13th coming up in Dover.

+1 for bikes.
Fastest I ever wound one up, was 307kph, on a Bandit 1200.....gps verified, because speedos on Japan bikes read 10% higher than actual speed.
Had a 75 KZ900 yrs ago. Dark green.
Sold my last bike (Hayabusa) in 14 'cause my health was not good. Ready to get back to it this yr.
When the Panagale (ferrari eater) 1198R came out, I took one for a demo ride. Amazing ride, but the worse ergos I've ever experienced.
Loved the 1098R I rode from Gatlinburg to Robbinsville via Deals Gap / Tail of the Dragon.
FJR 1300 is the only bike left on my shopping list.
Friday 13th coming up in Dover.
Thank you for the Tail of the Dragon advice. Deals Gap is going to get tackled this summer (going cross country (NA)) in a C4 with a biking friend from the '70's for a 2 to 3 week tour. Moki Dugway, NF 90 (Wash. St.) and 120 (Calif.) are also on the list.
Another friend from that period of time that I see yearly at a golf get together for high schools mates, kept his 75 Kaw Z1 and told me I should have kept my 73 ... if I could only go back an talk to that guy.
Have fun at the Port.

Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread