I already got my hat. Just need the car.

Attachments

• IMG_0513.jpeg
    IMG_0513.jpeg
    439.7 KB · Views: 22
Going to give the coupe a top speed run with the top off!

Windows up or down?

One of my many pet peeves is when Vert owners drive around with their windows up and roof down guess they don't like to mess up their hair, I say wear a hat:Banghead:

I do this in my coupe when either a) blasting down the highway for long distances, or b) it's effing cold outside (0-8C)! Much less wind in the cabin when the windows are up.

Reactions: BDK and JoeyBats
I can imagine the reason for this limited top speed is because of the rear hatch opens backwards. With the roof down, the wind can catch the front lip of the device. There would be a point where the force of the air hitting it will be greater than its ability to hold itself shut. 155 mph must be the 'safe' speed.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: ddgermann
I can imagine the reason for this limited top speed is because of the rear hatch opens backwards. With the roof down, the wind can catch the front lip of the device. There would be a point where the force of the air hitting it will be greater than its ability to hold itself shut. 155 mpg must be the 'safe' speed.
155 Mpg? No wonder you sell so many corvettes that's better than hybrid mileage

When your convertible top is fully open, your vehicle’s speed is limited to 155 mph. Good to know
155 MPH or 250KM hahahahahha ya okay they are only hitting 123 in the straights in Spring Mountain when I drove Indy Car School in LV we hit 158 MPH coming out of turn 2 into the back straight away hahahahahha ya post your 155 speeds on here hahahahah as well as to when you get your licence reinstated hahahahah :) love it hahahahhahaha

155 MPH or 250KM hahahahahha ya okay they are only hitting 123 in the straights in Spring Mountain when I drove Indy Car School in LV we hit 158 MPH coming out of turn 2 into the back straight away hahahahahha ya post your 155 speeds on here hahahahah as well as to when you get your licence reinstated hahahahah :) love it hahahahhahaha

I don't think you're allowed to have the top off of any car when on a track. The people in teh car must be covered.

Reactions: OttawaKev
In Canada 250K an hour if caught would result in losing your licence for a week. Impound the car for a week.$10,000.00 fine and 6 demerit points Possibly jail time. Then explain to your insurance company why you were an idiot before they dropped you from their policy and no one else will take you on. On a positive note when you get your car back you will have lots of time to wax it and polish it up for the next owner. LOL

In Canada 250K an hour if caught would result in losing your licence for a week. Impound the car for a week.$10,000.00 fine and 6 demerit points Possibly jail time. Then explain to your insurance company why you were an idiot before they dropped you from their policy and no one else will take you on. On a positive note when you get your car back you will have lots of time to wax it and polish it up for the next owner. LOL
I am fairly sure these laws are specific to Ontario, not Canada.

Reactions: kerry4
In Newfoundland for the speeds reaching 51 km/h or more above the posted limit, drivers lose their vehicle for at least three days to a local impound. Practically speaking, it becomes a week-long issue for a first-timer, with a seven-day suspension of their driver’s licence. A first-time offence at this speed results in a minimum $400 fine, reaching up to $850 minimum with multiple offences. There could also be additional fines if a driver is, for example, found to be driving without due care and attention, or involved in stunt driving or speed racing. Beyond the base fines, the driver will lose 4 demerit points. There is a reinstatement fee of $100 for a suspended licence. Plus motorists have to pay for towing their vehicle and there is a fee of $10 to $20 per day for storage in the impound yard.

In Newfoundland for the speeds reaching 51 km/h or more above the posted limit, drivers lose their vehicle for at least three days to a local impound. Practically speaking, it becomes a week-long issue for a first-timer, with a seven-day suspension of their driver’s licence. A first-time offence at this speed results in a minimum $400 fine, reaching up to $850 minimum with multiple offences. There could also be additional fines if a driver is, for example, found to be driving without due care and attention, or involved in stunt driving or speed racing. Beyond the base fines, the driver will lose 4 demerit points. There is a reinstatement fee of $100 for a suspended licence. Plus motorists have to pay for towing their vehicle and there is a fee of $10 to $20 per day for storage in the impound yard.
I didn’t think they had any speed limits on the Rock!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread