This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Confession is good for the soul so here is mine.........

'Grats Riley and Garry -- you're headed in the right direction.

That reminds me: I also must work on a weight issue. Remember: lighter means a quicker 'vette. It's like free horsepower.

C.

Riley,

You misunderstood me! I would only have this day be better IF Manny told me hit'd hit 800 rwhp!! I don't think he is expecting to though........

Yes, belt tightening is fun, almost as fun as making a new hole in the belt!

Hey I was 189 at one point in my adult life but it doesn't mean that I'm not enjoying this low 200's right now either. But I'll beat it in a month or two and set a new low for myself.

Cheers,

Garry

Yeah ONLY about 725 (so far) -- but don't give up, Garry, Manny and Arun haven't finished working their magic yet.

C.

Dang it! I read your post and then blanked out I was so excited about the number.

Thanks for the support Somebody and CCO!

You're welcome.....I'll need just as much encouragement working on my 'belt tightening' project.

Garry's hp numbers a very heady aren't they. Easy to get a little 'giddy' thinking about it.

C.

Good morning,

Maybe by the time I'm down to 180 or 190 lb I won't be needing 800 rwhp??!!

Surely losing 70 plus lb has got to be worth something to car performance.......sort of like a free carbon fiber hood maybe?!

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning,

Maybe by the time I'm down to 180 or 190 lb I won't be needing 800 rwhp??!!

Surely losing 70 plus lb has got to be worth something to car performance.......sort of like a free carbon fiber hood maybe?!

Cheers,

Garry

Indeed Garry, the experts say that for every 100lb. reduction a 1/10 second improvement in the 1/4 mile is realized. That should equate to better acceleration all round as well as better fuel mileage (not that we care too much about that aspect).......

Keep talking fitness and weight loss -- it's encouraging me to get with it myself.

Cheers,
Colin

Good afternoon Colin,

So railcar loaded and that is out of my hair. I don't mind helping my uncle but he is not the best at communicating about what the plan is. So for example, while it only took 90 minutes to finish loading the car and to call the CWB and release the car, I was ready to go at 9:30 this morning and ended up in a holding pattern until 12. I went to see my uncle at 9:30 but no one was around (I live right across the road from him) and even when he finally went to town at 12 I only was aware of this as I heard and saw his trucks leaving, not because he came to tell me he was ready............

I don't think I'll be losing 100 lb but maybe 70 or 80 so if it shaves 0.07 or 0.08 seconds from my ET then that is a great bonus to add to just feeling (and hopefully looking!) so darn much better.

I hope you'll have continued success now Riley that the weight is coming off and for you Colin that likewise it will result in a new, improved and happier you!

Our goal for this spring should be to look as hot as our cars do!

Cheers,

Garry

LOL, The 'race' is on, tho you have a little head start on us Garry.

C.

Garry, I just had the pleasure of hearing your beast in person. All I can say is she has a serious attitude. What an amazing sounding Vette. You are going to have to sandblast the smile off your face.:thumbup:

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Good afternoon LSXtasy,

Thanks for making my day better! Done with helping my uncle which means my week is clear of things involving other people.

You can't imagine how nice it makes me feel that this project has been enjoyed by some many people. What a terrific thing to be sharing with other Corvette drivers.

I envy you but then again it will be in the not to distant future when it will only be getting enjoyed by me so I'm glad that you had a chance to hear it run face to face.

I can't wait to get some serious seat time in it. So far no one is going to occupy the passenger seat but perhaps that might be just as well as I suspect this will be a real soul searching trip. A time to reflect on my life and everything that has happened and how extra-ordinarily fortunate I am to be alive and to be experiencing that car, before or after Manny and his staff took it to a new height.

I told my uncle what I was doing and he didn't understand. He thought it was in Ontario because I sold the car. Uh, no. Just decided to change the experience a bit. OK a whole lot!

Don't worry Colin! You'll do well enough in your own right. What I was thinking though, was we should find a nice quiet road, run a 1/4 mile ourselves for fun and then do it with our cars!!

Cheers,

Garry

LOL Garry, there are probably a few lonesome roads around that might get the job done but you'd have to give me a wee headstart for it to be even close.

I know, I'll just have to get Manny to work his magic on mine. AHAAAAAAA, I have the answer.

MANNY my man. We must talk. I need another 300 ponies under the hood.

C.

You guys should hit up Grand Bend Motorplex on a Friday night for a test and tune. It's only around $25, and it's at the beach too.
Garry, please for the love of God don't get a 40km over ticket for street racing/stunt driving. It's an instant car impound plus all the fantastic fines that go with it. Having 700plus rwhp would crush that in no time.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Colin , your 300 ponies are in the corral waiting to get hitched up

Seems to me that Garry may have a wee bit of competition awaiting his arrival :coolgleam:

Wow, 40 km over the limit and you lose your vehicle........food for thought now isn't it? Alberta is proposing something like that, giving the RCMP the ability to seize your vehicle under certain circumstances and sadly it is probably warrented. If you don't carefully choose the time and place then you need to be prepared to pay the piper in the end. But 40 km, now that ought to really temper the right foot.

Is the Motorplex a strip or track or both?? It might be fun if a bunch of us went........

Colin, I think it would be great if your car took mine when it is done! What a great pair that would make on pickup day, side by side in the parking lot!

LOL Garry , just a little playing, no worries. I doubt anything less than something heavily modified would be quick enough and as Justin(LSXtasy) says it's not worth the risk with the constabulary looking to haul a couple nice 'vettes off to the impound.
That wouldn't be funny you coming here and losing your vette and having to stay to see the judge who would throw the book at us.
There are some nice tracks around to settle such disputes --

Just lookin' forward to seeing the smile on your face when you come for the yellow cruise missile. For sure I'll have my camera with me that day. Might have to take a panoramic to get all that smile in.

C.

(I'm still thinking about a serious hp increase tho......and Manny will be the one to do it)

Good evening Colin,

Probably not good to have that happen. My legal strategy would be to ajourn the court, let the judge take the car for a drive and see if they could control their right foot. I suspect the case would be subsequently dismissed and the OPP cited for unncecessary harressment of a reasonably acting citizen........

Any road courses locally??

I would go for the hp boost Colin. You're going through this life once and don't need something like cancer to justify it!

Cheers,

Garry

Last edited: