Here's some news to share!

My day was just made. There is a business in town and one of the ladies there is pretty obese. She happened to take care of me the day I was in about a week after surgery and likewise she helped me again today and she told me she is going for surgery herself now!! Not to Mexico, but as her BMI is high enough (45??) the provincial healthcare system might pay for it she is going to try to have it done in Medicine Hat. I am so excited for her and I'll let you know how she does afterward. But it sure made me feel good and again just proves the point of being honest and open about something like this as you never know who else will pick up on the message and how their lives will also be subsequently made better.........

I could almost hug my ex. I'm so excited!

Cheers,

Garry

There is strength and support in numbers and yes Garry this thread for sure helped me. Just gave me that extra push I needed.
Riley yes I had spinal issues for about three years however wasn't aware of any problem whatsoever until the day I collasped at work. I could barely walk for a month and was in a forward/sideways locked up position. I was told that my lower discs were worn out and one was herniated. After about a year of rehab ect it was decided I needed a spinal fusion. As the day got closer of course I started feeling better and didn't go ahead with it. After close to 20 years later I've had maybe 5 major flare ups in the lower back but I manage to get through them. Sure glad I didn't do the fusion. Basically my mothers bones aren't that great and think she has passed this on to me..thanks mom...lol. I can still do my part and for now that is loose some major weight.
Once again thank you to everyone who is following this thread for your kind, non judgemental, supportive feedback! We all have issues.........some are just more visible than others.
How often do you guys weigh? I haven't figured this one out yet. Do I weigh once a week and then have a big high or low at weigh in or do I track it more carefully and weigh every other day??
Anyway keep up the great work here everyone.

Good afternoon,

I'll "weigh" in on this question. I know, corny but how could I resist!

I weigh myself daily. Obviously when you are losing weight there is a big emotional kick for the start of your day if you are less than the previous day. However, it can become a bit of discouragement if you start seeing the same weight for say 10 days like I have during this experience. At the same time it is critical for me (emotionally) to know if I am ever backpeddling so right now for me it's daily.

I suspect that once I lose another 10 to 20 lb and I go into maintenance mode it will be less frequent. Nothing more pointless than getting on the scale and seeing that you are the same weight for a month, six months, a year etc.

But no doubt at first when you are losing I like to make use of the momentum.

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning,

Not much to update. I've been sort of coasting for the past week, not writing down what I was eating etc. It didn't have any consequences outside of still being stuck at 202 (darn scale batteries!!) for a while now.

One chuckle moment again. I hate having ass-flap in the pants that I wear and while I've downsized my fleece pants that I tend to wear most days these ones were now blowing in the wind as of recent. So I went to my local Walmart to get a fresh pair, a medium size this time I was thinking. But no dark blue or black. So I took my mom and aunt to the airport in Grande Prairie on Saturday and went to the Walmart there (I really like their "Athletics Works" line of clothing) and found a M dark blue there. Came home and worked on getting the confidence to try them on - I didn't want to have that "muffin top" look after all! I even modeled them for my gf. But still a lot of AF - WTF?????. So I thought, maybe a size small (dillusional thinking)?? I went up stairs and put on my old ones and actually looked and discovered that for some reason when I bought them maybe two months ago I bought a M size and here I thought they were L's.

So off to Walmart in Peace River and could only find a S grey fleece so I bought them to try and lo and behold they fit, not snuggly, but no flapping either. It was a surreal moment for me, and while I realize that fleece pants are stretchy, for me to be wearing a S sized anything is a shocker........it feels good.

And finally, got a reading of 201 on good scale batteries and it even flickered on 200.....

More running, even on walking days I'll run the 1st 1 km just to get my heart rate up and yesterday was so nice of a day went to the dike and ran 6 km there after 5 km walking and running in the morning of walking, even got on the TM for 0.8 km after working on a tank model.

I've always had poor finishes in my races so I'm working on my final kick sprints. I've been able to reach Vmax of 18.8 and 19.1 km/hr on my final 150 to 200 m and I'm going to see if I can reach 20 km/hr.

So hopefully after coasting for about a week I'm back on the straight and narrow and will challenge for getting below 200 now.

Mom was pretty pumped too, she hit 150 from 185 the morning she left..........she looks really great too, she's looking 10 to 15 years younger now.

Cheers,

Garry

Keep up the good work Garry --
icon14.gif

C.

Garry,
its a good job that all of us have yet to meet you !!

Just think if we had met you, when your car arrived at Manny's.
Now you would walk by us and we wouldn't even notice you. [g].
Keep up the exercise.

Tony,
welland

Good afternoon Colin, Tony,

Thanks for the positive energy, I'll be taking it!

Funny you shuold bring that point up Tony. When I was in Costco on Satruday in Grande Prairie I met a lady that I had known professionally since about 1998 or so. We netwroekd a few times a year as she sold agricultural supplies and I bought stuff off of her for my test plots. I had not seen her since the spring or summer of 2009 when I moved home from Spirit River.

The look on her face and her reaction when she realized who I was, was priceless!

I'm thinking that if I screw up the courage I'll try to post some before and after pictures so you can see for yourself how I looked then and now.

I'm still the same person, just happier, more confident and more easily blown in the wind........!

Vmax this morning was 20.6 km/hr. Almost as if Manny and Arun are working on me at the same time as they are doing my car LOL.

Cheers,

Garry

Good morning,

I forgot to mention that on my trip to Edmonton I bought my helmet. I considered a Bell but in the end went with a G-Force Pro Elimintor. I bought it from JB Performance, with GST for about $225 as I recall. I found this odd as their webstie price was $245 but hey. SA and Snell 2010 rated which is what I was looking for. I looked for a G-Force Junior for my son but they don't stock that anymore so I'm on the hunt for that. I got it in matt black with the plan to have it painted later. I find it hot to wear, especially as the chin bar seems to reflect my breath back to the helmet. I sure can't wait to wear it in the car for the first time now.

Well, today as they say, was the day of days. Three days of concentrated effort and a whole lot of running and walking and I'm 199 lb! It is a very strange feeling to see my weight starting with a "1" instead of a "2" for only the 3rd time in 30 years and I can only hope it will stay this way forever.

About as odd a sensation as now wearing fleece pants in size S instead of XL!

I am intensly thankful for the good fortune in my life that I am now experiencing.

I'm going to make the push for 195 and then that will give me comfort to not pop back to to 200 or higher if I have a bad day or two.

May some of this joy in my life also find its way to you fellows as well today.

Cheers,

Garry

Boy can my day spiral out of control sometimes.............

My gf emailed me this morning and told me she was moving out.........probably for the best as living together was becoming a challenge and it may do us good to be apart. It's going to be hard on my son though and I need an excuse to tell him. Maybe she doesn't like to drive and wants to be closer to her work?????

While loading grain I jumped into the truck and sat on my uncle's glasses and broke them.......

I was hoping to get some display cases from a GoC surplus site, but 187 and some wacko bid 606 for them - s@&t!!!!!!

It's like everytime I turn around it is a bat in the face.

Tomorrow has to be better!

Cheers,

Garry

That sucks Garry. Life is always one step forward, two steps back. Hang in there, the time apart may be good for both of you and might give you guys some time to reflect . All the best.

What kind of display case are you looking for? I bought one from IKEA (I know, I know), but it's been great for displaying some of my Corvette stuff and even has a light at the top.I think it was around $100 if I'm not mistaken.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

Hey Garry sounds like tomorrow can only get better. I wish the best for you whether that be with or without the gf. With regards to your son I have only one piece of advise, never give him the slightest reason to mistrust you.....I do realize the fine line between being truthful and protecting them. Good luck.......were here.

Keep the chin up Garry -- Everything happens for a reason.......just go with the flow and be patient.

As SB said : "we're here" , and we're all good listeners. We may be far away but we're right there with you.

Colin.

OOOOOH Garry :D

Thought I would bring some sunshine your way my friend .

The new 100LBS injectors are finally in , and have been installed in your Yellow Rocket ,.
The flip-drive also finally made its appearance and Mr. David has begun to install it . If all goes according to plan ..............
we should have some more dyno video by Friday ...fingers/ toes & eyes cross :canada:

Let make some more POWER :coolgleam:

Thanks everyone!

It got a bit better, after the tractor didn't start and the battery had to be replaced, one of the trucks got stuck and so on.

I think that we're both feeling a sense of relief now that the decision has been made and we'll be talking right after this.

I might have sold some seed today too so that was a plus.

But there was a moment when I thought that things were dark enough that the only thing that could salvage my day would be Manny telling me that he reached 800.1
rwhp..................!!!!!

Cheers,

Garry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for at least 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.