Hi Ken ,
Is there a plan to meet somewhere and travel together ? I have looked and don’t see anything solid yet .

Last I heard it was the Flying J in Sherwood Park at 09:30 -10:00 Friday the 20th for the meet up to caravan to Cold lake.

Its in Post 112 of this thread. Check out post 59 as well.

The full details are also on Corvette Zone here.

2018 (July 20th) Corvette Cruise & Stay for the July 21-22, 2018 Cold Lake Air Show & 65th Corvette Anniversary Celebration Weekend

Contact @SN-III if you need any more details.

Derek.

Reactions: Bluvette75
Joanne and myself will be attending. Hoping to meet up with the cars from Calgary as they pass Red Deer.
As of now crazy,there will be 4 cars leaving from Calgary. We’d love to pick up some of you Red Deer folks that are planning to attend. We will keep you posted as time gets closer.

Looks like I may have a free weekend coming up, better look into this! Wow still hotel rooms left at Best Western too. 153.00 a night, decent considering the airshow is on. Looks like a 10 hour drive from Golden.
If possible,could you make it to Calgary next Thursday night and drive up with at least 4 from here? Hopefully pick up a few more in Red Deer and meet at the Flying J in Northeast Edmonton for 9:00/9:30.

If possible,could you make it to Calgary next Thursday night and drive up with at least 4 from here? Hopefully pick up a few more in Red Deer and meet at the Flying J in Northeast Edmonton for 9:00/9:30.
Working on it now. Calgary meet up would be good. Will keep you posted as things develop on my end.

DamIan:="MikeysZ06, post: 136316, member: 3452"]Sounds good Dan.[/QUOTE]
Working on it now. Calgary meet up would be good. Will keep you posted as things develop on my end.
Sounds good Dan.
DanDan
Sounds good Dan.
Dan:
There are still rooms available at the Imperial Inn for $79/night. You need to register with me and I'll give you the details. If we got more than 10 booking there it will be $69/night. They have done some upgrades there including security cameras and freshly paving the parking lot. We also had a cancellation at the Marriott hotel. Not sure if that room is still available.

Last edited:
DamIan:="MikeysZ06, post: 136316, member: 3452"]Sounds good Dan.[/QUOTE]
Sounds good Dan.
DanDan
Sounds good Dan.
Dan:
There are still rooms available at the Imperial Inn for $79/night. You need to register with me and I'll give you the details. If we got more than 10 booking there it will be $69/night. They have done some upgrades there including security cameras and freshly paving the parking lot. We also had a cancellation at the Marriott hotel. Not sure if that room is still available.

Reactions: Dantanman
Thanks, will let you know soon.
Please join us.
I am in Moose Jaw on my way to Meet in the Middle as I read of your interest.
It’s a very active couple of weeks of Corvette Excitement.
You will be able to join in events by contacting the cold lake coordinator.
There is a registration form and all details on the corvette zone ...
Please refer to corvette zone for times and info ... thank you

2018 (July 20th) Corvette Cruise & Stay for the July 21-22, 2018 Cold Lake Air Show & 65th Corvette Anniversary Celebration Weekend

Contact Grant Smith directly to let him know if your interest. As some people are finding they can not come, a spot should be there for you to fit in.
Email : [email protected]
There is a phone number for grant on the bottom of the corvette event poster that you will see on the corvette zone.
You are most welcome and we would love to have you join in with us all 👍🏻

Last edited:
I'll send an email to all those registered this weekend with further info. One question I've had is if the Saturday night buffet dinner is open to all ages with the bar open. I confirmed with the Ag Society and the answer is yes - all ages welcome.

Some model year Corvette's coming (from memory) - '57, '61, '63, '64, '66, '69, '70, '71, '72, '73, '74, 3x '75's, '76, 3x '77's, '80, 2x '82's, '95, '98, '00, 4x '08's '12, 2x '13's '14, '15, '16, 6x '17's and a Carbon 65. Yes, I remember more of the older ones than newer ones. We also have many other cars coming including exotics, classics, some bikes and the odd custom build. 105 cars registered with approx 55 Corvette's. Most cars will be parked outside as only 40 can fit in the half of the hangar allocated to the car show. I'll look at the list this week to determine who will go inside. Expect many of the older ones to go inside.

The gentleman in Edmonton with the unrestored original 1954 is wanting to come but needs someone to trailer the car in an enclosed car hauler. Two individuals came forward in Cold Lake offering their enclosed trailers for use, but only one driver with his one ton came forward. This driver who initially offered got called back to work up north next week and then goes for surgury on the following Monday. For the 1954 Corvette, I'm still holding his spot. We would love to see this car as part of our event and would look great displayed with the Carbon 65.

Last edited:
Some model year Corvette's coming (from memory) - '57, '61, '63, '64, '66, '69, '70, '71, '72, '73, '74, 3x '75's, '76, 3x '77's, '80, 2x '82's, '95, '98, '00, 4x '08's '12, 2x '13's '14, '15, '16, 6x '17's and a Carbon 65. Yes, I remember more of the older ones than newer ones. We also have many other cars coming including exotics, classics, some bikes and the odd custom build. 105 cars registered with approx 55 Corvette's.
These are really impressive numbers Grant. Looks like an excellent representation of all years. Im looking forward to staring at at those 76s as that’s where it all began for me. Hopefully it’s a blue one as it was back in 79 when I got the bug. I’m curious if I’m the only 07 signed up? I don’t see any 07s. :oops: Next Friday can’t come quick enough.

Reactions: Bluvette75
The 76 is metallic silver with red interior. it has a '79 - 80 style spoiler bumper and has aftermarket 5- spoke wheels, dual exhaust with long - tube headers on a 400ci engine. I stopped and checked out their car on Canada Day and gave them an application. The car has some slight front end damage and with their invite to the show they put it in the body shop right away to get it fixed.

I'll check my list to see what other 07's we have at the office later today.

Reactions: MikeysZ06
Oh no worries Grant. It’s not important. I’d be quite content to be the sole rep for model year 07 !! :p Hopefully someone steps up for that 54 though. That’ll be an eye catcher for sure.

I'll send an email to all those registered this weekend with further info. One question I've had is if the Saturday night buffet dinner is open to all ages with the bar open. I confirmed with the Ag Society and the answer is yes - all ages welcome.

Some model year Corvette's coming (from memory) - '57, '61, '63, '64, '66, '69, '70, '71, '72, '73, '74, 3x '75's, '76, 3x '77's, '80, 2x '82's, '95, '98, '00, 4x '08's '12, 2x '13's '14, '15, '16, 6x '17's and a Carbon 65. Yes, I remember more of the older ones than newer ones. We also have many other cars coming including exotics, classics, some bikes and the odd custom build. 105 cars registered with approx 55 Corvette's. Most cars will be parked outside as only 40 can fit in the half of the hangar allocated to the car show. I'll look at the list this week to determine who will go inside. Expect many of the older ones to go inside.

The gentleman in Edmonton with the unrestored original 1954 is wanting to come but needs someone to trailer the car in an enclosed car hauler. Two individuals came forward in Cold Lake offering their enclosed trailers for use, but only one driver with his one ton came forward. This driver who initially offered got called back to work up north next week and then goes for surgury on the following Monday. For the 1954 Corvette, I'm still holding his spot. We would love to see this car as part of our event and would look great displayed with the Carbon 65.

Great lineup Grant!

I hope I didn't miss the info (was doing some speed reading - my apologies) - but I have Corvette owners asking about Air Show tickets and if they need to purchase them for both days?

Also, do we need to RSVP for the dinner? My wife and I will be attending, but others are asking about it who aren't online as much as the rest of us.

Thanks and looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!

Let’s hope this weather forecast for the weekend changes. The temps are perfect for airshow activities mind you. Certainly wouldn’t want to be standing in a field or cooking on the ramp area on a day like today.

FD80D21D-2372-4F14-BC09-EF04677B58DA.png

Hi Ken ,
Is there a plan to meet somewhere and travel together ? I have looked and don’t see anything solid yet .
We are meeting at Flying J 50 Pembina Rd, Sherwood Park, AB T8H 2G9. At around 8:30-9am then leaving hopefully at 9:30 am or so.
The Calgary / Red Deer area peeps are heading here in Sherwood Park to meet the Edmonton and area peeps.

Reactions: Z16Jim
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread