Hi everyone, I am thinking of installing cold air intake (AFE) on my 2016 Z06...Any comments or recommendation?

I'm partial to the all carbon Halltech cai. Although I don't have a z06 (2015 z51 M7) I did research the various cai. There is a noticeable difference once installed. Some say no difference, but I did notice quicker response. You can also write to Manny for his input.

I had Manny's crew install a Vararam intake on our '05 a few years back. You would have to get drag strip times to know the improvements. I believe that, at least with the 2005s, that when the intake air temperature reaches something like 86F, the computer starts to pull timing out. That will account for lazy engines on hot days. With 10.9-1 compression, detonation can be a real danger, especially when we don't have anything better that 94 octane gas locally to use. We are more than happy with the performance of the car and that is after running big block L72 and L78 cars for years.

Reactions: turbozig
Hi , I had a Carbon fiber Haltech CAI installed on my 2015 Z06 , I also had headers done at the same time . Hard to say how much each piece made in regards to total power , but Long tubes , Haltech and tune at Mannys netted 605 rwhp . I chose the Haltech as it added a touch of color ( Carbon Fiber ) under the hood as opposed to regular molded plastic that's all .

Hi , I had a Carbon fiber Haltech CAI installed on my 2015 Z06 , I also had headers done at the same time . Hard to say how much each piece made in regards to total power , but Long tubes , Haltech and tune at Mannys netted 605 rwhp . I chose the Haltech as it added a touch of color ( Carbon Fiber ) under the hood as opposed to regular molded plastic that's all .

I agree. hard to tell which mod works best when combined. The biggest noticeable difference were the ARH mid length catless headers and the
Halltech. With some other mods and a tune my car came in at 435 rwhp, about a 50 hp increase. Again, do your homework to see what will work best with your car. And yes, the carbon does look nice.

Thanks all for the info. The dealership informed me to tune the engine via software upgrade after installation; and lately they are having lot of problems with the software!! ...I was unable to find the reason for engine tune-up after cold air kit installation...Anyone with this experience??

IMG_7392.JPG
I have to admit that the black plastic does look cheap, but then the whole engine is covered with plastic anyway so I seldom open the hood except to check the fluid levels and wipe things down. Not like the old musclecars which came from the factory with lots of chrome.
Manny told me to drive easy for the first couple of hundred miles until the computer adjusted for the changes in air intake. With the duct opening right behind the grille, I am not getting any hot under hood air into the engine. That has to help a little.

Last edited:
Reactions: ddgermann
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.