This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Guide Codes

Good to know. Do you mind sharing what code you had and how it was repaired?
Mine was giving me 1214 & 1217 & No Comm. Also showing the three dash lights for ABS, Traction Control & (forgot the third!)
I removed the module and sent to ABSFIXER, they turn around in one day, so 1 week down and 1 week back. They resolder as required and replace the relay if required. I also had them install surge suppression while they had it apart.

I watched an episode of Wheeler Dealers on Motortrend & they were flipping a 2002 Z06.They were getting the ABS codes(Don't remember which code) & they pulled the module & brought it to a vette shop & they showed how they repair the unit.All they did was, open up the module (6 screws) un-soldered a relay & put in a new one ( $10.00 ) & re-soldered it.The kid that was doing the repair made it look easy

Reactions: ddgermann

You are correct. I saw that also. It is not the actual soldering/repair that intimidates, it's getting that darn module apart without breaking something. I tried for a half hour and decided I better send it out before I broke it and had to buy another one!

They made it look too easy. The way they diagnosed the relay issue left me wondering (how without a schematic of the circuit you can just use a meter to determine what part is faulty). What if it was something other than the relay, for example. They were lucky to know of a local shop that was familiar with the circuit and had parts on hand. I also noted that they were not charged any labor to diagnose and fix the problem so that is why the cost was only $10 (just the part itself likely).

Last edited:
Yes, we have to remind ourselves that it was a TV show, with limited time to show the complete situation. The later C5's are notorious for cold solder joints in the EBCM and the relay is simply used to turn power on/off. If the relay contacts are confirmed with a ohmmeter to have a resistance higher than expected, it's simple to replace at that point...or for peace of mind! In most instances, just desoldering/resoldering the 5 relay pins fixes the problem. In my instance, the issues would appear after a long run and heat soak which indicated to me the cold solder intermittent points (No Comm). I was fortunate that fixed my issues. In another instance it may take a electronics technician to find an intermittent part elsewhere...but at what cost. May be cheaper to buy a reconditioned module...?? The US Forum has a tremendous documentation on the subject with detailed instructions on how to do the repair yourself.

Last edited:

I agree with you for sending it out. You really can't beat the price they charge to rebuild the module. When & if my Unit ever gets the codes you listed I will definitely look to one of those sites to have it rebuilt.

Reactions: ddgermann