While not "war birds" these two planes do have something to do with Chevrolet Corvettes. A story I will tell you at a later date...

80.jpg
bruce_ruth_law.jpg
1280px-Travel_Air_Mystery_S_with_Chevrolair_engine_Aero_Digest_November_1929.jpg

@Cariboocreek really appreciate your input. I took me a while to figure out what the inscription was on the front of the aircraft. Thought it was "The Flying Seal" and sure enough that is what it was.

Found another pic by the same photographer along with the details of the plane itself. Early corporate aircraft.

0033087.jpg

Aircraft
Registration / SerialNL66548
Aircraft Original TypeNorth American B-25 Mitchell
Aircraft Generic TypeNorth American B-25 Mitchell
Aircraft VersionNorth American TB-25J Mitchell
C/n (msn)108-47680
Aircraft NameThe Flying Seal
City / AirportSan Francisco - InternationalMap
Region / CountryCalifornia, United States
Airport CodesICAO: KSFO IATA: SFO Local: SFO Other: -
Photo DateMarch 1948
Photo byWilliam T. Larkins (Bill Larkins)
Photo ID:44247
Photo Comment
Surplus TB-25J-35-NC (ex 45-8829) executive plane "The Flying Seal" of the National Motor Bearing Company. Taken with a Graflex using my Ford Model B Coupe as a photo platform.

@Cariboocreek really appreciate your input. I took me a while to figure out what the inscription was on the front of the aircraft. Thought it was "The Flying Seal" and sure enough that is what it was.

Found another pic by the same photographer along with the details of the plane itself. Early corporate aircraft.

View attachment 45039

Aircraft
Registration / SerialNL66548
Aircraft Original TypeNorth American B-25 Mitchell
Aircraft Generic TypeNorth American B-25 Mitchell
Aircraft VersionNorth American TB-25J Mitchell
C/n (msn)108-47680
Aircraft NameThe Flying Seal
City / AirportSan Francisco - InternationalMap
Region / CountryCalifornia, United States
Airport CodesICAO: KSFO IATA: SFO Local: SFO Other: -
Photo DateMarch 1948
Photo byWilliam T. Larkins (Bill Larkins)
Photo ID:44247
Photo Comment
Surplus TB-25J-35-NC (ex 45-8829) executive plane "The Flying Seal" of the National Motor Bearing Company. Taken with a Graflex using my Ford Model B Coupe as a photo platform.
B-25’s were also used for years for fire suppression, post second world war. As well as it’s cousin the A-26. Air Spray, a private aerial suppression company, used A-26’s here in Alberta and western Canada up until around 2004. The picture is from Red Deer circa early 2000’s.

ED65598E-BB73-493D-8F1F-5001BBA633FF.jpeg