We have another bird here called Cormorants (sp?), I believe there is an open season on them. They destroy everything they are around and until recently you cannot eat them they are so vile. However, a Scotsman discovered that if you boil them in vinegar for 24 hours and then throw them in the garbage they are much better. :Biggrin:

We have another bird here called Cormorants (sp?), I believe there is an open season on them. They destroy everything they are around and until recently you cannot eat them they are so vile. However, a Scotsman discovered that if you boil them in vinegar for 24 hours and then throw them in the garbage they are much better. :Biggrin:
Much like our Ravens... I prefer the Snowy owl. All white meat...

• Haha
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
19ae4bc8_c7da_4060_bcd0_8a4712dafbd7_deda0edae448dfbffaedaa82692e88d1c1fd0aac.jpeg

In the learn something every day column, this is a photo of a B52, obviously with no tail. Story is they had some structural problems and the tail blew off. This one landed. There is another story. During the cold war, the great military planners in the US decided to have a couple of B52's armed with nukes, flying 24 - 7. In case Russia attacked first the US could have a quick response. Story goes, one lost its tail near the east coast and crashed. It was only carrying 2 Nukes, 1100 times bigger then the ones used in WW2. Luckily they didn't explode, but then they would have only destroyed most of the eastern seaboard.

In the learn something every day column, this is a photo of a B52, obviously with no tail. Story is they had some structural problems and the tail blew off. This one landed. There is another story. During the cold war, the great military planners in the US decided to have a couple of B52's armed with nukes, flying 24 - 7. In case Russia attacked first the US could have a quick response. Story goes, one lost its tail near the east coast and crashed. It was only carrying 2 Nukes, 1100 times bigger then the ones used in WW2. Luckily they didn't explode, but then they would have only destroyed most of the eastern seaboard.
The chance of a nuke exploding in a crash is almost non existent (I said almost), There are a bunch of fail safes built into them just for this reason. But that being said, I still would not hit one with a hammer.... lol...

The chance of a nuke exploding in a crash is almost non existent (I said almost), There are a bunch of fail safes built into them just for this reason. But that being said, I still would not hit one with a hammer.... lol...
Yes but wasn't there also something to the effect that "Only God could sink this ship" on the Titanic?

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06