CCF User Manual
1. First of all, please be respectful to all users.
2. This forum is viewable to the public, therefore:
- No Inappropriate Language, Jokes, Subject Headings
- No Inappropriate Images. You all know what this means or ask if you want further clarification.
- No Inappropriate stories, including street racing
- No personal attacks, no references or threats of violence both implicit and explicit of any kind
- Such as other Corvette forums. In cases where there is good information pertinent to a discussion here we are ok if you copy/paste content here with proper author attribution and link to other corvette forums. This keeps us on side legally and hopefully keeps us enriching and growing our community on CCF.
- Corvette Club Links are allowed, please be courteous and put a back link on your site back to CCF.
- Solicitation through links.
- No business promotion of your own business or affiliation unless you are a sponsor
4. No Hijacking Threads, only post replies relevant to the original topic of the thread.
5. You may express your opinion, however, please keep rants to a minimum and try to make it relevant when you do.
6. Your membership could be revoked without "breaking" these rules should you be deemed to be disrupting people enjoying this forum. See rule 1.
7. Suggestions for Forum improvement is encouraged. Please PM Mods or Admin (@Nik ).
8. Vendors must enter the "Supporting Vendor" program to advertise themselves on the site. What this means is that unless you have been given permission by the site admin (@Nik ), you cannot post links or info on companies that would constitute advertising. Admins have the right to remove any posting of this nature that doesn't meet these standards. Advertising and self promotion includes not only posts/threads but also your username, website address, wall posts, avatar pics, status messages and solicitation via private conversations with members.
9. The administrators and moderators of this site reserve the right to delete or ban any user account at any time without notice.
The CCF Classifieds is intended for individuals to buy, sell, and trade between one another. CCF cannot guarantee the legitimacy of the buyer, seller, trader, or the items being exchanged. CCF does not take responsibility of any sort for any transactions that take place between individuals.
Please post your items in the proper forum:
Classifieds -> Vehicles for Sale/Wanted: Selling a car or looking to buy a car? This is the forum to post in
Classifieds -> Parts for Sale/Wanted: Any and all car parts, wanted and for sale go here.
Classifieds -> General for Sale/Wanted: You may list any non-car related item for sale or as wanted here.
We will remove listings posted in any other forum.
Why can't I post a classified?
You need to have a post count of at least 10 in order to post a classified. You're only permitted to run 2 active classifieds at any one time until your post count reaches 100 at which point this restriction is lifted.
You MUST post a price for ALL For Sale (FS) and For Sale/For Trade (FS/FT) classifieds.
You cannot charge taxes for your items. Honour your prices. Official CCF Vendors and Sponsors are excluded and may charge tax where applicable.
No auction style posts will be allowed. This includes posting vague statements like "Make me an offer!" or waiting for an offer higher than what you posted. The posting of eBay links by themselves is prohibited. eBay links are allowed if the poster is willing to sell the item(s) to forum members at a specified, POSTED price.
Threadcrapping will not be tolerated. If you do not intend to buy and have no legitimate questions or concerns, please refrain from posting in that thread. If you think the asking price is too high, or want to make an offer significantly lower than the posted price, please contact the seller via email or private message (PM).
You cannot sell something you do not have in your immediate possession. You cannot sell items on behalf of your friends, relatives, etc. If they wish to sell something, they should create their own forum account. Selling intangible goods or selling by proxy is strictly prohibited.
Curb-siders are strictly prohibited from listing items for sale.
No alcohol, tobacco, pornography or weapon sales. This includes air soft and paintball guns.
No pirated/bootleg/illegal/trades allowed. You cannot disclose the inclusion of pirated games/applications/movies in any of your sale threads. Your price can also not reflect the inclusion of pirated games/applications/movies. Furthermore, the sale of fake branded goods is strictly prohibited.
Selling tickets for an event above the ticket face value is illegal and not allowed. You must include the face value of the ticket in your ticket sale listing. Creative evasion of the scalping laws (ie including another item) is not allowed.
Price Checks/Interest Checks do not belong in the Classifieds Forums. Please post all Price Checks in the relevant forum or in the off topic forums where appropriate. Please make it a genuine post to determine price and not an attempt to find the highest bidder.
Services are not allowed in the Classifieds unless posted by featured Vendors and Forum Sponsors. We have had numerous problems with people offering services and believe this is in the best interest of our users.
Dealers, resellers and other large quantity sellers are not allowed to post in the Classifieds unless you are a CCF Vendor/Sponsor. Please contact us if you're interested in sponsoring Canada's Premier Corvette Community.
Cross posting (posting the same item in more than one forum) will not be tolerated. Please only post for sale items in ONE classified forum.
Please be as detailed as possible with your listing, you may specify a general location (with the option of keeping it private to only those that contact you). Pictures are always encouraged as are estimates on shipping costs.
We reserve the right to delete, alter or move your classified listing at our discretion at any time.
Should you have any questions or special requests please feel free to contact us using the contact form in the footer or directly via private messages.
CCF Disciplinary System
CCF employs a mostly autonomous disciplinary ladder system, no, we don't have sentry guns at our data center .... unfortunately... Rather it's all based on a warning points system.
Firstly to get this out of the way in case there's bitterness, CCF moderators DO NOT ENJOY moderating or issuing warnings, really, we're the laziest lot and CCF has been a perfect gig akin to a position at the Interior Ministry at a former Communist state. I can speak from experience on that front. So please do not think that we issue warnings lightly or get any kick out of doing so.
Reasons for being disciplined:
Trolling/Disrespectful behaviour: -
If we receive reports/complaints or witness outright trolling, open disrespect of fellow members or the community, personal attacks and generally antagonistic arse-like behaviour you may be issued a warning point or two, the number is at the discretion of the moderator. The warning points are valid for 3 months after which time they drop off your profile. If you receive 3 official warnings within a 3 month period of time you will be automatically put into the Penalty Box. Yes, that means we can all be arses once or twice every quarter safely because everyone has a bad day.
CCF absolutely welcomes disagreements, constructive criticism and general discourse, in fact I wish some of you would disagree some more. But let me be clear some of the things you can get away with on other forums (you know the ones) will result in warnings and disciplinary action here. If you want to talk crap about a member there's a forum for you out there and CCF isn't it.
Self Promotion/Business Promotion
See below for the definition.
A place the England World Cup squad truly dreads. This is a probationary state at CCF, it means that ALL your posts will be held for moderation and manual approval by a moderator until you leave the Box. We reserve the right to moderate or delete posts before they make it onto the board at large. Assuming you behave, you exit the penalty box after the designated period and resume normal membership.
Note you may sometimes be placed into the Box automatically if the system believes you are a spammer. We get false positives on occasion. Do PM the mods if you feel this is the case and we will look into it.
If you've accumulated 5 or more warning points you go into a temp ban status for 30 days. Temp ban is like a real ban except you have the luxury of being welcomed back after a month as a full member with your post history intact. Do not mistreat this luxury as the next warning after a temp ban is a Permanent Ban.
If you sell Viagra for a price lower than my own special rate or you continue to abuse the privilege of being a member at CCF you get banned. Move along to another corvette forum, we don't want you and more than likely you don't want us if things have come to this point. Oh and signing up with another email addy is very old school and we will catch this.
So there you have it. If you have any questions or concerns do PM me or the Mods. We try and often succeed on occasion in running a tight ship here as I'm sure regulars can attest to so please be mindful of others and we'll keep warnings as a random Christmas giveaway rather than a regular occurrence.
Have fun and enjoy life with your corvette or your corvette to be.
Self Promotion/Business promotion & Advertising: -
Applies to regular (non sponsors/non vendor) members.
As per CCF rules, self/business promotion and advertising is NOT permitted for non-sponsors. This includes but is not exclusive to, promoting your website, service, business via posts, threads, personal messages, home page URLs, avatars and even user names. So creating a profile called 'nik's window cleaners' and setting an avatar image to your company logo is definitely NOT cool and will result in insta-edits by a mod. If you'd like to become a sponsor of CCF please get in touch with myself or any mod and we will be happy to work something.
The above also definitely includes misleading posts and comments where business operators pretend to make impartial recommendations of their businesses.
Troll Bait, Hate Threads and the Like
I want to make it clear that the main reason CCF is a great place to hang out and distinctly lacking in arseholery (pardon my French) is because we keep this board scrubbed of social network vendettas, hateful speech, libelous tongues and all manner of BS you'll find elsewhere.
If you're a fanboy/girl, owner or affiliate of any shop, outfit, person, business and the like and wish to join for the sole purpose of disparaging another shop, business, outfit, person (either outright or by repeated insinuation) then I'm sorry to have to say this but you're NOT welcome here. Please move on, there's probably a Facebook hate group you can join right now where you'll find others that share your opinion. This includes not only posts with links to social media, but troll bait posts, images, screenshots and so forth. CCF is not here to serve your hate agenda. This should not come as a surprise to you as most large forums abide by the same.
If you have a genuine dispute with a shop or business there are many avenues open to you to pursue this grievance to resolution. None of those avenues will ever advise you to post your grievance online guaranteed.
I also want to make it clear that these rules are NOT here to protect our sponsors. We are good forum citizens and we will apply them to any business that we feel is being targeted by such attacks including those with no affiliation to CCF.
Reviews & Negative reviews:
CCF welcomes all reviews of any Corvette related business provided you adhere to the below rules. Please note leaving a glowing review of your business if you're not a sponsor is definitely not allowed. All reviews are subject to vetting.
As negative reviews are typically huge generators of headaches and infighting please adhere to the below if you ever want to publish your review on CCF:
1. All negative reviews of a local business are to be shared with a moderator or admin before being posted to the forum. Absolutely NO EXCEPTIONS to this rule.
2. New members i.e. members with fewer than 50 posts (and a minimum of 60 days on CCF) are disallowed from leaving negative reviews. This is to ensure that CCF is not treated like a disposable platform for business bashing by people who have no interest in joining and contributing to our community.
3. Negative reviews should be factual based and as objective as possible. We understand emotions are involved sometimes but please put them aside when writing your review.
4. Negative reviews should not contain profanity, conjecture, opinion pieces or hearsay.
5. Negative reviews will be published after you and CCF has exhausted all options to remedy the dispute between the reviewer and business in question.
6. CCF reserves the right to edit or remove reviews if we feel they do not abide by the rules or contribute negatively to the CCF community overall. In particular we wish to avoid businesses or their agents (paid or not) engaging in negative campaigns against each other, creating troll bait and bashing threads and the like.
7. Be prepared to provide proof to mods for claims that you are making in your review. Proof can be invoices, bills and other supporting documentation. This is to ensure that you have in fact frequented the business you are leaving a negative review about. Unlike Google, Facebook and Yelp we do in fact have an active interest in only allowing genuine reviews.
8. Reviews need to be 100% on topic meaning we do not want general feedback about your last trip to Tim Hortons and so forth. If you're leaving a review please make sure it's Corvette related.
9. Reviews of work must be recent and no longer than 90 days from the date printed on your invoice.