Aug 25, 2011
Kootenays SE British Columbia
VetteCoins
Car
1984 Z51
Today I saw a nice blue C7 coming at me on the highway. All I could tell was it was a new Vette.

I can't tell if it's a z06 or what they all look the same. So my question is to you sir, is there something obvious to look for?

I do think that Chevy should make the base model look different at a glance than the top of the line. I could spot a Z06 C5 easy with the small back window. So help a C4 owner out on how to spot the different models.

If I paid over $100,000 for a Vette, it would be nice to stand out from the base model.

There are actually quite a few differences between the two, although they are similar in the overall design. Looking from the front, the grill of the Z06 is different than the Stingray as it is blacked out, whereas the Stingray most likely has a silver part through the center of the grill. As well, you may be able to pick up on the Z07 splitter ends which provide downforce and have a very aggressive look.

IMG_5293.jpg

Lastly,looking at the vehicle from the front, the body of the Z06 is a widebody and each fenderextends out wider than the C7 by just over 2" for each front fenter and around 3.5" for each rear fender. This may not seem like much until you get on a ferry and see first hand as we did; this cannot be parked by other vehicles. You get the front spot!

IMG_2574.JPG

Now from the side, the things that stick out most are the front fender spats, front quarter vents that have the Z06 emblem on them, and the most obvious qiveaway is the brake cooling vents to the bottom front of each rear tire as well as those above that.

IMG_5382.jpg

To the rear, the giveaway is always the white taillights and, just as noticeable is the aggressive spoiler.

IMG_5273.jpg

Now...these are only the most obvious of features... Here is the closest Stingray i could find to my Z06...

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm I havent seen any Corvettes with a Z06 Stage 2 spoiler but I am sure it could be done...same backend. To me...the C7 Stingray looks like a torpedo as it passes yet the Z06 looks like a bull, much moreso IMO than the Lambo. The back of the Z is a big fat #$%.
IMG_5167.jpg

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread