:( I am regretfully advising that due to the current pandemic situation Alberta and the rest of Canada and the world is experiencing, this year's Ponoka Meet and Greet, scheduled for May 9, has been cancelled. Both Bruce and I are extremely disappointed as I'm sure all of you are as well but under the circumstances, and given the provincial recommendations and restrictions that are in place, it is for the best. Lets look forward to when this Covid19 is eradicated and life can begin to return to normal for everyone. Stay healthy and safe everyone.

Bruce (Somebuddy) and Eric (Rruuff Day)
I truly appreciate all the effort that goes into an Event like this.
Those who have ever planned a similar Corvette Event knows that this decision
would be made with a lot of patience and resistance. You have made the right
choice at this time and hope that is can put a bit of anxiety to the side.
I am sad but will not end without saying THANK YOU !

:( I am regretfully advising that due to the current pandemic situation Alberta and the rest of Canada and the world is experiencing, this year's Ponoka Meet and Greet, scheduled for May 9, has been cancelled. Both Bruce and I are extremely disappointed as I'm sure all of you are as well but under the circumstances, and given the provincial recommendations and restrictions that are in place, it is for the best. Lets look forward to when this Covid19 is eradicated and life can begin to return to normal for everyone. Stay healthy and safe everyone.

Bruce (Somebuddy) and Eric (Rruuff Day)
Thank you for the effort. Nothing is go to be normal for a while.

Darn it ... I had my welcome sign all ready to greet everyone in Ponoka too .... 😷

6F066A42-51CB-43D6-AAEE-DEF90480FC04.jpeg

Last edited:
I seen another show for the weekend of june 13th in Ponoka will this be going on?? Can't we keep our social distance?? Looking forward to living vicariously through all of you!! If not maybe see you on the hwy sometime. Loads of fun to see these beautys do what they were built to do.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
The only show near Ponoka on June 13 that I have heard of was a classic car show in Wetaskiwin that has been cancelled. Don't quote me but maybe something I'm not aware of has popped up.

Reactions: Mamabear
The only show near Ponoka on June 13 that I have heard of was a classic car show in Wetaskiwin that has been cancelled. Don't quote me but maybe something I'm not aware of has popped up.
I hate to like the fact that shows are being cancelled..... but I appreciate the quick response Rruuff Day :) and the crowds still out and about here and there. My children love when the heavy foot passes.

Reactions: Rruuff Day
I am really confused as two conversations seem to. be going on ... nothing new about that on CCF.
How about sticking to one conversation with a fall meet brought up by @Jeffer2013 ?
Sounds like a really good idea for doing before hibernation.
Even if a Central Location like to Rocky Mountain House so that it can involve
the Mountains/Foothills during the day as we each drive to and from our homes.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.