Hey @Murray20c8 did you hit 3400 yet, any VIN info for you?
No, Lori (Museum) told me the vin won't come until about a week from the TPW. Likely 2 from the actual build day. I won't bother her again for another 10 days. lol Now 17 days from build week.

Reactions: ABC and Sparro
"Tell him to do an order inquiry manually and there will be a vin incentive lookup link..... way, way, way, way to the right. "
This will only return a vin at 3400. No earlier.
At 3800 it's on the cars main page, I think, which is likely why dealers assume it can't be found until the car is built.
Thanks soooooooo much I'm at 3400 with a Vin # 5429

So about a week before your TPW, I was hoping for the three to two weeks... but I guess I have to patient longer than I was hoping
This is the puzzle. I think there is no info on 3300 status. THAT is where your parts are at BGA. That is definitely assigned 3 weeks before the TPW.
The VIN is assigned at 3400 and at a certain amount of time before the ACTUAL BUILD DAY.
So, with that in mind one gets a vin and goes to 3400 sometime between one week and 2 before the build day.

I just took a quick look.

Bill Spencer Chevrolet has a total of 30, 2020 Corvettes currently accepted and waiting for production by GM.

4 of the 30 have a VIN because they have progressed to the point where they have been/are going to be produced soon.

The other 26 do NOT have a VIN.

This could very simply explain pretty much everything. Canadians aren't getting VINs because most of them don't have a VIN yet.

Edited to add: Previously, I was only looking at my customers, of which none have a VIN.

Also edited to add: 3 of the 4 units with a VIN were built back in March.
How many have you delivered to customers so far ???At Bill Spencer .

Well I made it to 3400, July 27 TPW. Unfortunately they can’t get me a vin yet.
Does the dealer know how to get the vin at 3400?
"Tell him to do an order inquiry manually and there will be a vin incentive lookup link..... way, way, way, way to the right. "

Does the dealer know how to get the vin at 3400?
Yes I gave them all the instructions and they said they couldn’t figure it out. Said they would let me know when they get notified on the VIN. Not sure how or when that happens.

Yes I gave them all the instructions and they said they couldn’t figure it out. Said they would let me know when they get notified on the VIN. Not sure how or when that happens.
Sorry, I have to laugh. That will happen when the car is built for them (3800). Unbelievable really. How much money do we have to spend to get accurate info?
GM, Get into this decade will ya! If I could only talk to someone with brains at GM .....

You can figure out your own vin.
To summarize.
So 1G1Y72D43L5101153 First four are always the same.
1st is Country of Origin: 1 = USA
2nd is Manufacturer: G = GM
3rd is Make of car: 1 = Chevrolet
4th is Car Line or Series: Y = Y-body series (Corvette)
5th is 6 = 1LT, 7 = 2LT, 8=3LT
6th is 2 = coupe, 3 = HTC (Vert)
7th is always D (restraint system)
8th is engine type 4 = LT2
9th is the Check Digit. Use the Check Digit Calculator
10th is model year L = 2020
11th is 5 = Bowling Green
12th is 1 = customer, 0 = CTF
The rest is partial vin. (sequential)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.