Europe and others are mostly getting (fully loaded) 3LT, Z51, Mag Ride, front lift, HTC C8s, which have the highest profit margin for GM. If Canada would stop buying 1lt coupes, we would be getting more allocations
Sorry, not spending $11300 for a couple of extra parking camera's and a phoney rear view mirror...

Sorry, not spending $11300 for a couple of extra parking camera's and a phoney rear view mirror...
There's a touch more to the 2LT than that. Plus if it weren't for the front camera Durham might easily have denied my $2000 claim for the pothole damage.

• Head-Up Display
  • Power lumbar and side bolster adjustment
  • Wireless phone charging†
  • Chevrolet Infotainment 3 Premium system† with connected navigation†
  • Bose† Performance Series 14-speaker audio system
  • Performance Data and Video Recorder
  • Universal Home Remote
  • Heated, power-adjustable, power-folding mirrors with turn signal indicators and driver-side auto-dimming feature
  • Rear Camera Mirror† – Coupe and Convertible
  • Memory Driver and Passenger Convenience Package
  • HD Front and Rear Cameras with Curb View†
  • Side Blind Zone Alert†
  • Rear Cross Traffic Alert†
  • Advanced Theft-Deterrent System
  • Two Cargo Nets

Reactions: Mr.Corvette
Having owned a 2020 Coupe and a 2022 HTC , I will be buying a coupe again next.
Why do you prefer coupe over convertible? Is is about storage? I am interested in your answer as c8 will logically be my next one. I own a c6 zr1, the trunk is huge, had a c5 covertible, still had good storage, my c7 grandsport targa roof have enough room even with top remove

Why do you prefer coupe over convertible? Is is about storage? I am interested in your answer as c8 will logically be my next one. I own a c6 zr1, the trunk is huge, had a c5 covertible, still had good storage, my c7 grandsport targa roof have enough room even with top remove
If you think you will get anywhere near the storage of a c5 thru 7 forget it. When you drive the C8 you have to know where you are going and why your going. We went to the store for something and they had a great deal on a printer. It wouldn't fit in the car in it's box. I had to take it out of the box and even then it just fit. Another time we went to look at flower pots. The looked like they'd fit in the trunk, but just to be sure I went and measured the trunk. Bought the pots and they didn't fit. Luckily a member here was also there without his C8 and he took them to his house so I could pick them up later in another car. All this stuff would have fit in a c5,6 or 7, but not the C8!

Having owned a 2020 Coupe and a 2022 HTC , I will be buying a coupe again next.

Unless you’re a sun worshiper and love having the roof down often then I don’t see spending an extra 10k on an HTC. I knew when I purchased my 2022 , I wouldn’t have it long before I had a Z06 so I gave it an honest try but for me the coupe is my choice. If you like to travel with the roof down the HTC is a big benefit.Storage is near identical in both .

Last edited:
Reactions: theboss
GM reports that for 2022 they made 25,831 cars (our count was 25,165)

2020 production 20,368 cars, Canada 1490 = 7.3%
2021 production 26,216 cars, Canada 1889 = 7.2%
2022 production 25,831 cars, Canada 1014 = 3.9%
Like everyone else, I am very dissapponted to see that the Canadian C8 allocation almost dropped in half in 2022. The only good news I can see is that the 2023 build year should be an actual year, not the 8 months'ish of the past 3 model years. Assuming there are not too many supply chain shutdowns in production for the 2023 model year, if Canada only gets the same % allocation as 2022, the actual numbers could still be up close to 50%. Keep your fingers crossed that BGA can really crank out the production this year and get close to 40,000 built (45 weeks at 900/week).

20220624_173640.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.