May 25, 2021
VetteCoins
Province
ON
Every single C8 near me on autotrader is 135k+ CAD, before tax and fees. Why? The MSRP for the base one is like 72k CAD. Who the hell is out there paying this much for a Corvette? Surely people are buying them like hotcakes if dealers are getting away with this. I know it's a cool car but give me a break, I can buy a brand new ZL1 and have money left over for a used C7.

Is this the new norm now? The once sort of affordable "super" car is now completely unaffordable with an almost x2 price jump.

Reactions: 2KforeverC5
Place a dealer order and get on a waiting list for MSRP. Buying one that is owned by the dealer or someone flipping theirs for fast cash and you will pay over MSRP for sure. Supply and demand. Used C7's are commanding top dollar right now.

Reactions: Cruzin and Dik
Every single C8 near me on autotrader is 135k+ CAD, before tax and fees. Why? The MSRP for the base one is like 72k CAD. Who the hell is out there paying this much for a Corvette? Surely people are buying them like hotcakes if dealers are getting away with this. I know it's a cool car but give me a break, I can buy a brand new ZL1 and have money left over for a used C7.

Is this the new norm now? The once sort of affordable "super" car is now completely unaffordable with an almost x2 price jump.

In addition to what Rruuff Day and Murray20c8 said:

1. make enquiries with the larger Ontario Corvette dealerships being GM dealerships that get ++ Corvettes every year (plus check out the dealers who are sponsors on these Forums, in particular) and find out what 2022 C8 allocations they're anticipating getting and where you'd be on their list to determine your best chance of getting a C8;
2. confirm you'll be charged no more than MSRP and get that in writing (via email exchange) from the dealership you choose;
3. place your deposit with that dealership to secure your place on their list and confirm where you're at on the list once the deposit is made;
4. wait as patiently as you can and hope that others ahead of you on the list, drop out and you move up quicker. So keep monitoring the list;
5. look through the various threads on the C8 Forum to get a TON of helpful C8-related info, including what I've just mentioned above.

Good luck!

I know there are several good Vette dealers that post on this forum, but I would bet that Wilson Niblett for one (I bought my C7 there) would not charge you more than list price...I found them extremely upfront and honest in all respects.

No. You are looking at premiums on used C8's because it's been a gong show for production and demand is through the roof. People are paying it who can afford to...

You can buy at MSRP everywhere...just need to put a deposit down and wait for your order to go into Chevrolet. It's a year wait everywhere...

My deposit was placed with Bill Spencer Chev on Sept 26, 2020 and my C8 HTC was built on May 5, 2021 - so a little over 7 months from deposit to car built. I recommend Andrew Spencer at Bill Spencer Chev. The deal was done at MSRP, reasonable admin fee, good price on the high wing installed, and outstanding purchase experience. And I doubt that the C8's that you see on Autotrader are base cars. Add on 2LT and HTC and you have just added about $20k to the price.

Last edited:

HTC are more - up to $145K: ditto USA. I am hoping to order in July or so?????

Here you go. Right off my price sheet from Paul sadlon Motors in Barrie.
3Lt, z51, mag susp4nsion, upgraded wheels... $114k + tax or $130K taxes in.

Attachments

• 58CAF846-57C8-40F8-8476-84E4394BD39F.jpeg
    58CAF846-57C8-40F8-8476-84E4394BD39F.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 186
Reactions: kerry4
I just put a deposit on mine in London last week at MSRP. Just have to wait on my Ceramic Grey Z51 2LT with mag ride and lift kit a little different than my C 7 black rose. The dealer let me take one for a spin last week. What a blast

Whatever is convenient for you. I'm the same. I have a C5 and I think I'm just gonna turn up the BOSE to compensate for the stiff ride. Cheers.

In addition to what Rruuff Day and Murray20c8 said:

1. make enquiries with the larger Ontario Corvette dealerships being GM dealerships that get ++ Corvettes every year (plus check out the dealers who are sponsors on these Forums, in particular) and find out what 2022 C8 allocations they're anticipating getting and where you'd be on their list to determine your best chance of getting a C8;
2. confirm you'll be charged no more than MSRP and get that in writing (via email exchange) from the dealership you choose;
3. place your deposit with that dealership to secure your place on their list and confirm where you're at on the list once the deposit is made;
4. wait as patiently as you can and hope that others ahead of you on the list, drop out and you move up quicker. So keep monitoring the list;
5. look through the various threads on the C8 Forum to get a TON of helpful C8-related info, including what I've just mentioned above.

Good luck!
I'm on a list #75 they said 20 months anyone know a dealership that gets a lot of cars and how do you find this list to check where u are thanks

Here you go. Right off my price sheet from Paul sadlon Motors in Barrie.
3Lt, z51, mag susp4nsion, upgraded wheels... $114k + tax or $130K taxes in.
Looking at the build sheet it's pretty much identical to my car. So I noticed the Bose premium system says 10 speakers. I thought the LT3 Z51 package had 14 speakers. I thought they just screwed up my build sheet. Or does it really only have 10 speakers?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread