Cam Shop

WPGZ06

Casual User
Jul 30, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
C6
Hey guys,

Wondered if anyone has any experience personally or knows of a reputable shop locally that I could get cams installed? I previously took my cars to Walls, but he is strictly working with Diesels now he tells me so that is no longer an option.

Thoughts?

vintageracer

Regular
Jul 11, 2013
Awards
Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
VetteCoins
Car
85 & 87 Coupes
Hey guys,

Wondered if anyone has any experience personally or knows of a reputable shop locally that I could get cams installed? I previously took my cars to Walls, but he is strictly working with Diesels now he tells me so that is no longer an option.

Thoughts?

At the very least you need to tell folks where you are located.

Nik

Blame me if something's broken
Staff member
Administrator
Power User
Beta
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Vernon, BC
VetteCoins
Post Style (Members)
Car
Province
BC
Hey guys,

Thoughts?

Can we assume you're in Manitoba?

Rruuff Day

Never wrestle with a pig.
Staff member
Power User
Beta
Aug 30, 2014
Awards
Pine Lake, Alberta
VetteCoins
Car
C7 3LT ZF1
Province
AB
Yes. He's in Manitoba. He asked about valve work a few months back and Phobia Street Innovations was recommended. Guess that didn't work out. Try Davenport in Calgary. Bit of a drive but they have a good rep as well.

WPGZ06

Casual User
Jul 30, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
C6
Yes I am in Manitoba.

Yes. He's in Manitoba. He asked about valve work a few months back and Phobia Street Innovations was recommended. Guess that didn't work out. Try Davenport in Calgary. Bit of a drive but they have a good rep as well.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

WPGZ06

Casual User
Jul 30, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
C6
Can we assume you're in Manitoba?
Yes Winnipeg. Was hoping to find a local guy or shop who could handle the cam install. We now have a tuner Ive read/been told locally, but someone I can trust with a cam install in Manitobas would be ideal.

Canuck204

Casual User
Dec 6, 2018
Awards
VetteCoins
Car
2007 Z51
Walls butchered my dads mustang build, and I've never heard a positive story involving them with a gas motor, they can stick with Diesels lol. Try 2Shea Motorsports ask for Chris (204) 461-1612. I've only bought parts off them but there are very helpful with any questions and their shop rate was cheaper than within Wpg last time I checked. Almost had them do a BTR stage 2 last year on mine, but decided I decided to save for a Z06.

WPGZ06

Casual User
Jul 30, 2018
VetteCoins
Car
C6
Walls butchered my dads mustang build, and I've never heard a positive story involving them with a gas motor, they can stick with Diesels lol. Try 2Shea Motorsports ask for Chris (204) 461-1612. I've only bought parts off them but there are very helpful with any questions and their shop rate was cheaper than within Wpg last time I checked. Almost had them do a BTR stage 2 last year on mine, but decided I decided to save for a Z06.

He did work on my previous Roush, I was for the most part pleased, but that was also before he "blew up" in popularity so maybe he was more detail driven then, but again I wasn't 100% happy with it. Wpg does not seem to have anyone I have a lot of faith in for work the more I look into it, so starting to think I'm going to tackle the work myself and trailer it for a tune afterwards. Would just rather not do it myself due to time involved, but might be my only option.
Where is 2Shea Motorsports located? Nvm figured it out

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread