Jul 30, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
VetteCoins
Car
Corvette C7 Z06
Province
MB
Hey guys,

Wondered if anyone has any experience personally or knows of a reputable shop locally that I could get cams installed? I previously took my cars to Walls, but he is strictly working with Diesels now he tells me so that is no longer an option.

Thoughts?

Hey guys,

Wondered if anyone has any experience personally or knows of a reputable shop locally that I could get cams installed? I previously took my cars to Walls, but he is strictly working with Diesels now he tells me so that is no longer an option.

Thoughts?

At the very least you need to tell folks where you are located.

Yes. He's in Manitoba. He asked about valve work a few months back and Phobia Street Innovations was recommended. Guess that didn't work out. Try Davenport in Calgary. Bit of a drive but they have a good rep as well.

Walls butchered my dads mustang build, and I've never heard a positive story involving them with a gas motor, they can stick with Diesels lol. Try 2Shea Motorsports ask for Chris (204) 461-1612. I've only bought parts off them but there are very helpful with any questions and their shop rate was cheaper than within Wpg last time I checked. Almost had them do a BTR stage 2 last year on mine, but decided I decided to save for a Z06.

Walls butchered my dads mustang build, and I've never heard a positive story involving them with a gas motor, they can stick with Diesels lol. Try 2Shea Motorsports ask for Chris (204) 461-1612. I've only bought parts off them but there are very helpful with any questions and their shop rate was cheaper than within Wpg last time I checked. Almost had them do a BTR stage 2 last year on mine, but decided I decided to save for a Z06.

He did work on my previous Roush, I was for the most part pleased, but that was also before he "blew up" in popularity so maybe he was more detail driven then, but again I wasn't 100% happy with it. Wpg does not seem to have anyone I have a lot of faith in for work the more I look into it, so starting to think I'm going to tackle the work myself and trailer it for a tune afterwards. Would just rather not do it myself due to time involved, but might be my only option.
Where is 2Shea Motorsports located? Nvm figured it out

Last edited:
Hey guys,

Thoughts?
I've had good experiences with speedfactor in regards to tuning as the use hp tuning software and use Davenport motorsports for corvette tuning. However the guy (danny) who I worked with on all my upgrades moved over to his own shop over boost tuning/flotec fuel. I would definitely start with him because he is likely the guy I would use to the cam install and then likely move the car over to speedfactor dyno shop to have Davenport complete the remote tune.

Reactions: WPGZ06
I've had good experiences with speedfactor in regards to tuning as the use hp tuning software and use Davenport motorsports for corvette tuning. However the guy (danny) who I worked with on all my upgrades moved over to his own shop over boost tuning/flotec fuel. I would definitely start with him because he is likely the guy I would use to the cam install and then likely move the car over to speedfactor dyno shop to have Davenport complete the remote tune.
Thanks for the heads up. Your guy, Danny, his shop is called boost tuning? or did I misunderstand.

Thanks for the heads up. Your guy, Danny, his shop is called boost tuning? or did I misunderstand.
Technically just google "Overboost Tuning/Flotec Fuel". Pretty much he is one of the main guys all the JDM guys in winnipeg use but I found him to honest and an overall great mechanic so he knows his stuff. I always wanted him to do a cam job for me but now I'm at the point where I'm planning to sell my car so I can move on to a C8.

I just notice google doesn't really give a contact. I always contact him via Instagram his username is ovrbst204 but the contact info is 204-295-8076 or [email protected]
You can let him know I sent you his way. Just remind him about the white supercharged c7 he worked on.

Last edited:
Technically just google "Overboost Tuning/Flotec Fuel". Pretty much he is one of the main guys all the JDM guys in winnipeg use but I found him to honest and an overall great mechanic so he knows his stuff. I always wanted him to do a cam job for me but now I'm at the point where I'm planning to sell my car so I can move on to a C8.

I just notice google doesn't really give a contact. I always contact him via Instagram his username is ovrbst204 but the contact info is 204-295-8076 or [email protected]
You can let him know I sent you his way. Just remind him about the white supercharged c7 he worked on.

Appreciate the info, I'll have to reach out to him. My cam job is probably taking a back seat if I move forward with grabbing a C7Z for the garage, but time will tell.

Good luck with the sale and moving on to a C8

Appreciate the info, I'll have to reach out to him. My cam job is probably taking a back seat if I move forward with grabbing a C7Z for the garage, but time will tell.

Good luck with the sale and moving on to a C8
I had Pike Performance here in Winnipeg do my cam and supercharger last year, then had speedfactor/Davenport tune it.

I had Pike Performance here in Winnipeg do my cam and supercharger last year, then had speedfactor/Davenport tune it.

My old thread.
I've never heard of pike performance.
I actually moved on from my C6 and found another shop to use for my future projects. The downside to Winnipeg for corvettes or any muscle car actually is that no one can do both, install and tune, have to go to 2 different shops. Not a fan.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.