1sickC6

May 6, 2010
Awards
Calgary, AB
VetteCoins
Car
2005 C6 MN6
It truly depends on your dealer. However, by law, they need to PROVE beyond a doubt that your aftermarket item caused whatever issue you may come up with.

07silvervette17

Feb 24, 2009
Awards
bc canada
VetteCoins
Car
corvette silver c6
had a water pump changed on my 07 .have an airaid intake and they never said a word about it ,mind you at kelowna tons of c6's are heavily modded and that is not a real problem if the repair is not mod related

Riley P

Staff member
Power User
Jan 11, 2009
Awards
Saska-ba-toon!
VetteCoins
Car
2000 Z51
Province
SK
had a water pump changed on my 07 .have an airaid intake and they never said a word about it ,mind you at kelowna tons of c6's are heavily modded and that is not a real problem if the repair is not mod related

Very true. How far down the line would a CAI void the warranty? Does it affect the computer? Engine internals? Etc? If it adds more power, would they blame the extra power on wrecking the transmission if the tranny happened to fail?

dankhts

Regular
Feb 1, 2010
Awards
Stoney Creek Ont
VetteCoins
Car
2002 C5
I have a Blackwing on mine, when I took it in a few years ago for some warranty work, the dealer pointed at it and started to make a few comments till I pointed out that it says "GM / Donaldson" right on it...trans went at the time, he also mentioned that the computer showed I had other than a stock tune in the trans.... long story short, they fixed it all anyway...

Users who are viewing this thread