Just called around to 25-30 dealerships in the GTA area and it seems like the 2020 model C8 is completely sold out everywhere, there's even waiting lists past the allocation that dealers are allotted.

Did anyone here manage to get into the first allocation and if so do you have any recommedations for someone still trying to get in one early.

Well gents and ladies if history is any indication of availability here are the numbers for the C7 release year in 2014.

GM officially revealed that 37,288 Corvettes were built during the 2014 model year.

I wasn’t involved in the C7 release hype, but if some of you were or are aware of the availability at the time. May be a bit of an indication of what’s to come in 2020.

and I find it hard to believe guys going for it. Unless they only make about 500 cars total then sold out don't mean much . 🤷‍♀️
they built 32.000 and some corvettes in 2017 and 9686 in 2018. With the upgrades at bowling green I would expect in excess of 32000 2020 Corvettes being produced. Time will tell..
The 2020 model year is not officially here. GM has created this frenzy with their marketing genius. With any new model, there is an x number of pre-production vehicles to get the operators and any production and quality concerns ironed out. If this buying frenzy continues the dealership will have no wiggle room in the suggested retail price; thus creating a buying war that most people can't afford. ISO

• Agree
Reactions: BDK
Well gents and ladies if history is any indication of availability here are the numbers for the C7 release year in 2014.

GM officially revealed that 37,288 Corvettes were built during the 2014 model year.

I wasn’t involved in the C7 release hype, but if some of you were or are aware of the availability at the time. May be a bit of an indication of what’s to come in 2020.
Agree. I waited for my 2015 for 6 months, ordered in March of 2014, delivered a 2015 in September. The dealer didn't even know the price of the 2015's at that time. This is just like the release of a new iPhone. People can't wait to get one and are willing to wait 12 hours in line. I'd love to have a C8 tomorrow but I'm going to wait and see how they perform and what new owners have to say. Also let GM work out and issues with the car since so much is new. By that time, there should be a few on the road so I could see them in real life. Then again, I'm really attached to my C7 and a stable mate is out of the question.

I get that some guys want the "newest" of most things and want to be the first on their block to have something.

The new vette is a total redesign and I never buy anything the first year it is released. Too many issues always crop up that require running fixes.

The other problem I have with buying the "new" model is what's already been mentioned here: the buying frenzy to be "first". It always drives the prices up to stupid levels. Even if GM does sell them to the dealers with an MSRP, the dealers almost always start jacking up the prices to take advantage of "the hype".

Much better (IMHO) to buy a second or third year model. You almost always get a better product and definitely get away from the "buying frenzy", which gives you back some leverage when talking price with the dealer.

As long as you can resist the "jones-ing" urge when that first C8 goes buy you on the street.....;)

I also think every new car is grossly overpriced, as a result, I've only ever bought one new car (for myself) in my life. That would be my F-150Lariat, as a retirement gift to myself. :)

I get that some guys want the "newest" of most things and want to be the first on their block to have something.

The new vette is a total redesign and I never buy anything the first year it is released. Too many issues always crop up that require running fixes.

The other problem I have with buying the "new" model is what's already been mentioned here: the buying frenzy to be "first". It always drives the prices up to stupid levels. Even if GM does sell them to the dealers with an MSRP, the dealers almost always start jacking up the prices to take advantage of "the hype".

Much better (IMHO) to buy a second or third year model. You almost always get a better product and definitely get away from the "buying frenzy", which gives you back some leverage when talking price with the dealer.

As long as you can resist the "jones-ing" urge when that first C8 goes buy you on the street.....;)

I also think every new car is grossly overpriced, as a result, I've only ever bought one new car (for myself) in my life. That would be my F-150Lariat, as a retirement gift to myself. :)

While I tend to agree with avoiding the first and base model year blues for my own various reasons, I totally understand why someone would want to be in the first group to get the C8. The game is a ton of fun to be in and if one has the time and money... why the hell not get in there and have some fun with it. For sure the car will be drawing tons of attention everywhere you go as well.

So you guys that are in the mix for the first edition of this car.... you won't get any crap from me. More power to ya. :thumbs:

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii and BDK
While I tend to agree with avoiding the first and base model year blues for my own various reasons, I totally understand why someone would want to be in the first group to get the C8. The game is a ton of fun to be in and if one has the time and money... why the hell not get in there and have some fun with it. For sure the car will be drawing tons of attention everywhere you go as well.

So you guys that are in the mix for the first edition of this car.... you won't get any crap from me. More power to ya. :thumbs:
In my humble opinion for whatever it is worth, once again GM has created a buying storm over the C8. The media was amazed when the price for the C8 was released for less than $60K I believe statistically thinking, once the proverbial dust has settled and all the sales numbers have been calculated $60K will look like a bargain. I can see the C8 reaching $100K. For this, we can only blame ourselves! ISO

In my humble opinion for whatever it is worth, once again GM has created a buying storm over the C8. The media was amazed when the price for the C8 was released for less than $60K I believe statistically thinking, once the proverbial dust has settled and all the sales numbers have been calculated $60K will look like a bargain. I can see the C8 reaching $100K. For this, we can only blame ourselves! ISO

Easily 100k. (Check the price posts)
But... the lower cost cars are there.
I’m waiting to see what the Z06s are starting at in a year or so. 😂

• Agree
Reactions: Cariboocreek
Easily 100k. (Check the price posts)
But... the lower cost cars are there.
I’m waiting to see what the Z06s are starting at in a year or so. 😂
Now that GM has entered the mid-engine sports car club, with their intentions to establish a stronger presence to compete with the Ferraris and Lamborghinis and such like; one can only ponder over the outcry when the ZR1 price tag reaches $200K.
ISO.

Now that GM has entered the mid-engine sports car club, with their intentions to establish a stronger presence to compete with the Ferraris and Lamborghinis and such like; one can only ponder over the outcry when the ZR1 price tag reaches $200K.
ISO.
In CDN$ the ZR1 will exceed the $200k mark. A 2019 C8 ZRI is $180K.

As a side note, and if I had that kind of money, I would be at a Barrett Jackson Auction, coming home with something special. Or dropping something off at Kindig in Utah to make something special.

As a side note, and if I had that kind of money, I would be at a Barrett Jackson Auction, coming home with something special. Or dropping something off at Kindig in Utah to make something special.
Thanks for your input: I was referring to the USA dollars. Depending on the different dollar values of the Canadian dollar versus the USD one could expect the C8 ZR1 to exceed $260K Canadian. The Canadian dollar is not a world currency, unlike the USDollar. The corvette had the horsepower to match any supercar of the higher dollar, at the time It lacked the refinements of the mid-engine statues. I can't see GM leaving money on the table when they could ask for more to match the price tag of a Ferrari. Horsepower and a top speed of 200miles per hour is the measuring rule to place a price tag of $200K. The $60K for the base model C8 is a tease.
ISO

I think you meant a 2019 C7 ZR1? I doubt the C8 will reach $200,000 CAN. That is encroaching on Porsche territory and unless someone is absolutely passionate about the C8 (and there are people out there that are) I suspect they will lean towards a Porsche or a used Ferrari, Aston Martin or a car along those lines. We can keep our fingers crossed and hope the pricing will remain attainable for those that want the C8.

I fully agree: There are many brands of sports cars that one can drool over at $200K. Many unfortunately come with a hefty maintenance package. For now, the corvette has a reasonable cost associated with scheduled maintenance. That may change if GM receives negative input over the C8 antiquated suspension. Question. Do the C8 and theC7 share the same suspension?
ISO

Reactions: ddgermann
I fully agree: There are many brands of sports cars that one can drool over at $200K. Many unfortunately come with a hefty maintenance package. For now, the corvette has a reasonable cost associated with scheduled maintenance. That may change if GM receives negative input over the C8 antiquated suspension. Question. Do the C8 and theC7 share the same suspension?
ISO
No. The C8 has coilovers. They were unable to keep the composite spring for the C8.

Good news, I was never a big lover with the composite springs. That being said, does the C8 have independent rear suspension??
ISO

ISO

That’s an excellent point in regard to the cost of maintenance. We all hope that it remains relatively the same.