I recall some mentioning the C8 shock towers filling with water after washing the car or going through decent rain, which could potentially lead to its bolts rusting. I haven't had mine long enough to know and it's now parked. Here's a YouTube video showing a potential solution. Has anyone tried this? Any other better ideas how to deal with this?

I found one eBay listing for the covers which says the C8 has a "design flaw" that (of course) their product can correct:

And there's another set of covers by the same eBay seller for those who have the mag ride option:

It doesn't look like he ships to Canada. Assuming we need this, does anyone know of any other sellers and hopefully more reasonably priced?

I purchased these shown. Although the site says they don’t ship to Canada they will if you contact them. They fit perfectly and were easy to install. I have a 2021 so may not have needed them but they were inexpensive.

shock covers.jpg

Ordered on Nov 14 delivered on Saturday Dec 11 50 bucks all in no duty from Aliexspress not real carbon fiber hydro coated never see them but was only few bucks more.

Don't waste hundreds of dollars on a plastic shock tower cover no one will ever see because its covered by the plastic trim 100% of the time. Shower caps and tennis balls from the dollar store. Tennis balls are only there to give it a little elevation so water doesn't pool.
Note the leaking brake fluid from my front end lift. A trip to Wilson-Niblett for the blue cap is in my futre.

View attachment 79845
Apparently, the tech at the dealership that services my car doesn't know where the front lift reservoir is located
PXL_20211215_225132646.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: OL Yeller
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Users who are viewing this thread