Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
I took delivery of my 2022 C8 Oct. 28th, 2021. This Oct. my dealer told me I was due for my 1st free oil change - use it or lose it - so, I took it in Oct. 26th (4200km). I asked about the free transmission flush and filter and was told: not free ($700.00) and should be done next year with my 2nd and last free oil change. I just read the post I made on the 2021 C8 40,000 mile review and it states that the transmission service was free. I would love clarification on this issue? What does GM Canada say?
Many thanks... JCWP

In my opinion, it means, they will check your level and ask whether you would like more service, then the clock ticks and your bill will be 700 plus tax once you said yes. Go GM Go!
I am good. Service Mgr. found the notice for free trany filter change - get done next year when I get my final free oil change. He thanked me for bringing it to his attention. They did not put enough oil in - need another litre.

...They did not put enough oil in - need another litre.

Well that's weird. How many litres were indicted on your LOF Service order? My 2 have both been 8L though the book shows 7.1L
I spoke with the service advisor and was advised that they have my leftover (.9 x 2) L on file so next 18 oil changes they will bill me for 7L and add the .1 free .

7L. I let my car run for about 5 min. yesterday and checked it 3x and the oil level was not to the top of the full line on the dip stick; so, do I need to add more oil? Probably does not matter, eh? I do not think it would be an issue if I added an extra L though.

7L. I let my car run for about 5 min. yesterday and checked it 3x and the oil level was not to the top of the full line on the dip stick; so, do I need to add more oil? Probably does not matter, eh? I do not think it would be an issue if I added an extra L though.
Let your car cool down for at least 15 minutes to get an accurate reading.

1668630296048.png

Unfortunately, Corvette does not indicate whether 80C is oil temp or water temp, so I check oil after a drive.
On the dipstick, if oil is below the cross hatched area they indicate to add 1 L. Thats a lot of variation if adding a whole litre is OK.

When you check your oil, where is it on the cross hatches and if anywhere on them I would leave it. My previous vehicles I have always tried for middle of hash marks or mid between min and max.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bucketoy
View attachment 102680
Unfortunately, Corvette does not indicate whether 80C is oil temp or water temp, so I check oil after a drive.
On the dipstick, if oil is below the cross hatched area they indicate to add 1 L. Thats a lot of variation if adding a whole litre is OK. Corvette states that if tracking the vehicle add 2L oil and so thats even a wider variant and supposedly no issue.

When you check your oil, where is it on the cross hatches and if anywhere on them I would leave it. My previous vehicles I have always tried for middle of hash marks or mid between min and max.
Thanks Gord. yeah, I suspect we are talking 1/2 L difference which is no big deal the way I drive. 7.5L and they put in 7L. U R right big variance for sure :Cheers2:

Hold it a minute here.

You add 2 litres of transmission oil to the transmission if tracking, not the crankcase.

Page 178 in the owners manual.

My mistake and corrected but I am blaming Covid.

Note to self: When sick, browsing web forums is OK but don't post anything:Banghead::Banghead:

Last edited:
Actually, for the C8 I’m pretty sure you need to check the oil while the car is running and engine temp is greater than 80 degrees C. So you probably need to run it longer and get to temp

Yes,,,harshadt is correct....post # 47. There is also nothing wrong with using the car if the oil level is between the add and full marks.

Page # 235 in the 2022 owners manual.

View attachment 102680
On the dipstick, if oil is below the cross hatched area they indicate to add 1 L. Thats a lot of variation if adding a whole litre is OK.

I stand corrected....Thanks for the lesson.

Hi Jim
Email a copy of this to your Dealership Service and see what they respond. If free then you owe me more than lunch!

I'm assuming, like the 2022, the first transmission filter/flush is also free for the 2023 Stingray, in addition to the 2 first oil/filter changes. Has anyone seen a letter or bulletin to the Canadian dealerships verifying this? Or can you obtain a copy and post it here?

Reactions: Noreplacement

Thanks Thom and Noreplacement. I don't think the 2022 window sticker mentioned a free transmission filter/flush, yet that's what Canadian 2022 owners got. So I'm not worried when the 2023 window sticker fails to mention that. I suspect dealers got the same notice for the 2023, they received for the 2022 which is why Noreplacement is being told it's free by dealers. Now we just need someone to verify and post a copy on these Forums.

[PS: sorry for the "bolded" lettering above. It was "forced" on me, due to my quoting Forum handles.]