Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
I took delivery of my 2022 C8 Oct. 28th, 2021. This Oct. my dealer told me I was due for my 1st free oil change - use it or lose it - so, I took it in Oct. 26th (4200km). I asked about the free transmission flush and filter and was told: not free ($700.00) and should be done next year with my 2nd and last free oil change. I just read the post I made on the 2021 C8 40,000 mile review and it states that the transmission service was free. I would love clarification on this issue? What does GM Canada say?
Many thanks... JCWP

I took delivery of my 2022 C8 Oct. 28th, 2021. This Oct. my dealer told me I was due for my 1st free oil change - use it or lose it - so, I took it in Oct. 26th (4200km). I asked about the free transmission flush and filter and was told: not free ($700.00) and should be done next year with my 2nd and last free oil change. I just read the post I made on the 2021 C8 40,000 mile review and it states that the transmission service was free. I would love clarification on this issue? What does GM Canada say?
Many thanks... JCWP
Hi, it is free on all 22 C8 so I would have them check their bulletin form GM.

Reactions: Raymondo
PUT THIS TO REST!

here is the letter to dealers...

and it's a free service for 2022!

Tell them to look for 2021 601-R01

Attachments

• GM Transmission Letter to dealers.PNG
    GM Transmission Letter to dealers.PNG
    806.1 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Reactions: gone
Many thanks... JCWP
Show them this letter below

Attachments

• GM Transmission Letter to dealers.PNG
    GM Transmission Letter to dealers.PNG
    806.1 KB · Views: 45
I had the DCT canister changed on my 2022 C8 at the recommended 12,000Km. interval in Aug. It was done at Spencer in Cobourg. It is covered under warranty as of 2022, and they knew that! It only shows the 2 free oil changes on my window sticker, not the free DCT service. Going forward, I would advise you to find a dealership that is more knowledgable about your C8.

Reactions: Raymondo
I had the DCT canister changed on my 2022 C8 at the recommended 12,000Km. interval in Aug. It was done at Spencer in Cobourg. It is covered under warranty as of 2022, and they knew that! It only shows the 2 free oil changes on my window sticker, not the free DCT service. Going forward, I would advise you to find a dealership that is more knowledgable about your C8.
Thank you.

I brought my ‘22 in for its first oil change at 3900kms (I took it on a road trip to Texas and wanted to start fresh) they did a trans flush and filter; I think it was a recall on the filter or something. No charge to me.
Awesome road trip!

I really didn't expect this car to be such an awesome touring machine. Took mine out to Vancouver in August and planing a Route 66 trip (through Texas then on to San Diego) in the spring.

I seem to recall one of the Corvette engineers saying there certainly is no harm in changing the DCT canister early, but it's important to do it again at the scheduled 12,000Km. mark. I would think, if for no other reason, to keep your warranty intact :canada:.
:ohoh:

Awesome road trip!

I really didn't expect this car to be such an awesome touring machine. Took mine out to Vancouver in August and planing a Route 66 trip (through Texas then on to San Diego) in the spring.

I seem to recall one of the Corvette engineers saying there certainly is no harm in changing the DCT canister early, but it's important to do it again at the scheduled 12,000Km. mark. I would think, if for no other reason, to keep your warranty intact :canada:.
:ohoh:
Glad you like your C8. Me to - an awesome car with enough room to carry stuff. I get great gas mileage in tour mode driving like the old man I am; however, most of the time I drive in sport , like the young man I was a long time ago! My fifth and by far the best Vette I'm ever owned even though I enjoyed them all a lot .🏎️,

Reactions: OL Yeller
Good to hear :Hurray:.

If I were you, I would do a bit more research though. I was out west this past summer and got my first oil/filter change on my C8 before heading home. Carter was recommended to me by a friend. All I can say is, it's a good thing I checked the oil level when they were done as it was barely on the dipstick. The mechanic didn't know it was a dry sump oil system. They corrected it and gave me another unopened litre of oil to take with me.

When I returned back to our accommodations, I looked at my PDR recording of the service. How entertaining watching the two mechanics try to open drivers door.
:ROFL:

Good to hear :Hurray:.

If I were you, I would do a bit more research though. I was out west this past summer and got my first oil/filter change on my C8 before heading home. Carter was recommended to me by a friend. All I can say is, it's a good thing I checked the oil level when they were done as it was barely on the dipstick. The mechanic didn't know it was a dry sump oil system. They corrected it and gave me another unopened litre of oil to take with me.

When I returned back to our accommodations, I looked at my PDR recording of the service. How entertaining watching the two mechanics try to open drivers door.
:ROFL:
How can these technicians not know this stuff. I gave a friend a ride and like you it was comical watching him try to open the door . I will check the oil when I get home later to-day. Best!!

Many thanks... JCWP
In my opinion, it means, they will check your level and ask whether you would like more service, then the clock ticks and your bill will be 700 plus tax once you said yes. Go GM Go!