Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
I took delivery of my 2022 C8 Oct. 28th, 2021. This Oct. my dealer told me I was due for my 1st free oil change - use it or lose it - so, I took it in Oct. 26th (4200km). I asked about the free transmission flush and filter and was told: not free ($700.00) and should be done next year with my 2nd and last free oil change. I just read the post I made on the 2021 C8 40,000 mile review and it states that the transmission service was free. I would love clarification on this issue? What does GM Canada say?
Many thanks... JCWP

look at your window sticker, it should say what is free, my 2020 said 2 oil changes only
Did not get W.S. I guess they get better deal in the USA then.
Thank you for your response. Have you got the transmission service yet? If so, how much did it cost?
Cheers: JCWP

Dealer not very dependable; having said that, I guess they are right about no trany service like the USA gets - LOL.
I heard it was changed in Canada for the 2023's at least. You can also call the corvette concierge.
Don't trust just the window sticker as they can easily be off.

Reactions: NickRapidC8
What dealership? Oil change must be done based on indicated oil life percentage or 12,000 km and at least once a year. There is no use it or lose it but no sense in "saving" the free ones. As far as DCT I was told by GM concierge that MY 2021 the DCT filter and flush are not free but for 2022 they are free. That differs from the US and dealerships are not aware of the various offers so your best bet is to write to [email protected] so you can provide their response to Dealer Service.

I took delivery of my 2022 C8 Oct. 28th, 2021. This Oct. my dealer told me I was due for my 1st free oil change - use it or lose it - so, I took it in Oct. 26th (4200km). I asked about the free transmission flush and filter and was told: not free ($700.00) and should be done next year with my 2nd and last free oil change. I just read the post I made on the 2021 C8 40,000 mile review and it states that the transmission service was free. I would love clarification on this issue? What does GM Canada say?
Many thanks... JCWP

NO...they were very clear this started with 2022 MY in Canada..discussed many many many times on here...my 2021 was not covered.

I don't buy the oil/filter change "use it or lose it". As far as I know, ALL of my local dealers will do the 2 "GM free oil/filter changes", at any time and any mileage, within the first 2 years. For my 2020, I had my first one done early: around 1,100 km or soon after the break-in period and the 2nd one a year later. As others have said, check about the transmission filter replacement and flush: I'd understood it was now done free for the 2022MY (and 2023) and others have had that confirmed by GM. Having said that, I just purchased a 2023 and my dealer wasn't aware of the free transmission work, said he'd check into it, then never got back to me...

The point is GM recommends changing the oil every year, so you might as well get it no matter what your mileage. I'll do it myself from now on, but just so there are no warranty issues I'll change it once a year, though after the warranty it will likely be every 2 years.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221111-120909.png
    Screenshot_20221111-120909.png
    37.9 KB · Views: 88
Hi Jim
Email a copy of this to your Dealership Service and see what they respond. If free then you owe me more than lunch!

Attachments

• 2022 DCT flter change.jpeg
    2022 DCT flter change.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 92
Reactions: Bunny hop
Attached is GM Canada Customer Care reply to my inquiry if the tranny flush and filter is free. They are not sure. Really?
That's hilarious. So GM Canada Customer Care takes their direction from dealerships and lets the dealers make the rules.... ludicrous at best...I wonder if the Cdn GM Pres. knows what slackers her customer care people are....