There will be NO 1100 cars built as 2020's. SOME (we hope none) of the 3000 status 2020's might have to be 2021's. It's all in the numbers. I posted what we hope they can do per week. If they can do that they will build all 20,181 (minus those already built) 2020 C8's

So what I did was use the ending VIN when the plant closed down and then applied the run rate production based on the 90/shift that they had been completing. Based on running two shifts/day. I already had a TPW assigned originally to be May 4th. So if we use the production numbers that they would have achieved prior to the COVID shutdown, I can reasonably predict the week of VIN's where my car would have fallen based on the the TPW. Given the new ramp up schedule and single shift run. We can run a forecast of production to get a reasonably accurate target week of manufacture. Far from accurate to be sure. The ramp up may be slower than expected. Murray did a great job of the best case scenario production. Again, my salesman says in three weeks of operation, the numbers will become much more reliable and he can give me an accurate expected delivery date.
ok thanks

Here's my understanding:

-20,181 2020 C8's are at 3000 status or better than 3000 status (ie. some of those already delivered);
-they hope to make all 20,181 2020 C8's;
-none of the C8's produced before COVID kicked in, were convertibles;
-of the 20,181 total, 17% are convertibles that have been ordered, according to what they said at the NCM Bash presentation;
-that translates into 3,431 2020 C8 convertibles, IF they fill all the 3000 or better orders, as planned.
Then I`ll get my convert sometime in Dec.
I wish I knew how many converts are at status 3000.

-20,181 2020 C8's are at 3000 status or better than 3000 status (ie. some of those already delivered);
-they hope to make all 20,181 2020 C8's;
-none of the C8's regular production cars made before COVID kicked in, were convertibles;
-of the 20,181 total, 17% are convertibles that have been ordered, according to what they said at the NCM Bash presentation;
-that translates into 3,431 2020 C8 convertibles, IF they fill all the 3000 or better orders, as planned. So in answer to your question, there are 3,431 convertibles at 3000 status (or better) and none of those produced yet since convertible production is expected to start July 13;
-looking back at the last couple of years for convertible production, there were:
--- in 2019: 2,192 Stingray convertibles and 5,421 convertibles in total (for all different models such as the Stingray, Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1);
---in 2018: 735 (only) Stingray convertibles and (only) 1,698 convertibles in total (for all different models);
---in 2017: 2,298 Stingray convertibles and 5,420 convertibles in total (for all different models);
---in 2016: 5,027 Stingray convertibles and 7,759 convertibles in total (for all different models).
-so depending upon which year you look at, the 2020 Corvette convertible shouldn't be super rare (ie. much less were made in 2018).
-in the past few years, they've been making around 30,000 to 40,000 Corvettes each year with the 2018 year being an exceptionally low production year: only 9,686 made of all the different models. The 2013 year also had a low production number: only 13,466 (5,008 convertibles). So if they make all 20,181 in 2020, it won't be the most limited Corvette production year in recent history.

One of my friends at Toyota said mandatory overtime is starting for them June 20th. She's not to happy about it either. LOL.

thks , that`s good news to hear. My dealer promised to keep me informed as to any change in status. When the vert start assembly, say mid July, we should get some news .

Doesn't specifically say how many yellow vert, but some info anyway...

Doesn't specifically say how many yellow vert, but some info anyway...

Thanks, if extrapolated and 3% of all vettes are accelerate yellow and there's about 3800 verts might be about 114 yellow verts. My dealer says he might have tpw for me tomorrow 🤞.

Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
Thanks, if extrapolated and 3% of all vettes are accelerate yellow and there's about 3800 verts might be about 114 yellow verts. My dealer says he might have tpw for me tomorrow 🤞.
What status is your order number? If at 3000 you can get all the info yourself.
You can go to the Chevrolet website 2020 Corvette Stingray | Next Generation | Chevrolet Canada
Use the chat function and give them your order number, your name and your dealers name. They can tell you your TPW and confirm anything on your order.
You can also call 1-800-263-3777 for the same folks.
You can also call Order Management if you know your dealers dealer code at 800-668-5846

Reactions: ABC
I put a deposit down with a Vancouver area dealer in July 2019; they never did take my order as I guess they didn’t get the allocations they expected AND they were completely silent the entire time. Then in Feb the dealer in Kelowna said they had another allocation so I was able to place my order. Got my first deposit back and gave Kelowna a bigger one. Was on chat yesterday (also with Dom) and am at 3000 but still NO TPW. Looking like a 2021 for me!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.