Power User
Oct 8, 2016
West Vancouver, BC
VetteCoins
Car
2022 C8 Z51 3LT HTC
Province
BC
If they have any hope of building 17,000 cars they better hit the ground running at 90 cars per shift. AND the 2nd shift has to hit that as well. Rumor has it that the 2nd shift will start July 6th. If so, you and I will get our cars sooner rather than later.

• Love
Reactions: ABC
According to the article, to achieve their goal of all 3000 status orders being built, they need to build around 460/week/shift with the second shift starting no later than July 20. And w/o any interruptions from Bowling Green assembly line workers coming down with COVID or others in the supply chain slowing down what's manufactured for Bowling Green.

I wonder what the Vegas odds are for this happening?

From another Forum and someone who listened to the NCM presentation, plus the article cited in this thread, the 20,181 includes the C8's already produced so they only need to build another (about) 17,500 C8's to fill all the orders that are at 3000 status. That's why the article mentions 17,000 more to go and projects the time needed to do that.

And 2000 status means the order has been accepted by Chevrolet, however 3000 status means the order has been accepted by production control aka Bowling Green. That's my understanding and that's why 3000 status is the key.

If they have any hope of building 17,000 cars they better hit the ground running at 90 cars per shift. AND the 2nd shift has to hit that as well. Rumor has it that the 2nd shift will start July 6th. If so, you and I will get our cars sooner rather than later.
Good luck Boys: I hope you get them sooner than later. I am very envious - attached my order that my wonderful wife nixed because - well, because mine has hardly any miles on it - hardly a reason IMHO - LOL. I have not given up: I may just order it and sleep in the garage for a week or so!! Besides, what the heck am I to do with the money sitting in my car account??
e

Attachments

• Jim Parkins #4 2020 Chevrolet Corvette C8 Convertible Dec. 15 2019.pdf
    18.7 KB · Views: 33
No problem "Murray20c8". If this helps anyone, attached are the C8 production codes and I've had them almost a month so I don't recall the source. It's not hard to get to 2000 status but my understanding is that 3000 status is achieved when Bowling Green plugs in the order and maps out the supply of the desired components, to project whether it can be done and within their anticipated production time and if so, it then elevates it to 3000 status. At least that's what my dealer told me when I asked if I could change my original order. I was told changing my order and choosing different options would put me "to the back of the bus" and I'd lose any chance of getting a 2020. I'm sure there are more knowledgeable people on this Forum with a dealership background, who can verify all this.

Attachments

• C8 order:production codes.pdf
    58.4 KB · Views: 25
The PDF didn't work for me, but this is the list in text. 3000 is accepted by production control which begins the process of getting the parts etc. 2000 means they they think they can build the car. 1100 means the order was entered in workbench. The only good thing about 1100 status is GM knows it's there. I'm at 3000 with an August TPW so I'm not worried. would just like to know how many cars are at 3000. Is it the 17,000 or something less.

ORDER STATUS CODES
Code Description
1100 Order Placed at Dealership - satus order requests by dealers
2000 Order Accepted by Chevrolet
3000 Order Accepted by Production Control
3100 Order Available to be Sequenced
3300 Order Scheduled for Production
3400 Order Broadcast (Internal Plant Order Produced)
3800 Vehicle Produced
4000 Vehicle Available to Ship
4104 Bailment Invoice Created
4B00 Bayed
4106 Bailment Released
4150 Vehicle Invoiced
4200 Vehicle Shipped from Bowling Green
4300 Intermediate Delivery
4800 Rail Ramp Unload
5000 Vehicle at Dealer - Awaiting Prep
6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer -Send Off Pat!

I was thinking for the sake of simply amusement, to take the statistical data that has been published and work out my theoretical production week. For anyone that was at 3000 status this should be relatively easy to do. We can take the final VIN produced and work out the estimated volume produced each day based on two shifts from the termination date. Based on our previously issued TPW we can then target the VIN to a weeks range. We can then track VIN production weekly based on the published daily build numbers now and get a fairly accurate estimate of the new dates. It will be still a non linear moving target as we hope to see increased daily build numbers from the current 43/day. I shall publish a spreadsheet on my dates based on my May 4th previous ETA.

Reactions: Riley P and kerry4
I was thinking for the sake of simply amusement, to take the statistical data that has been published and work out my theoretical production week. For anyone that was at 3000 status this should be relatively easy to do. We can take the final VIN produced and work out the estimated volume produced each day based on two shifts from the termination date. Based on our previously issued TPW we can then target the VIN to a weeks range. We can then track VIN production weekly based on the published daily build numbers now and get a fairly accurate estimate of the new dates. It will be still a non linear moving target as we hope to see increased daily build numbers from the current 43/day. I shall publish a spreadsheet on my dates based on my May 4th previous ETA.
If my TPW wouldn't change every couple of weeks that would be possible in an excel spreadsheet!

Reactions: ABC
If BG can build 90 cars per day until July 6th when rumblings are the second shift starts and 180 cars per day.

1590945923676.png

Thanks "Murray20C8"; you must have an accounting background...

I'll optimistically support your numbers which means I'll be driving a 2020 C8 like everyone else at 3000 status. My only concern is that I may take delivery of a convertible in November, but I'll now even more optimistically predict this coming November will be the warmest on record and the heat wave will flow into December, so we'll all have a brown Christmas and be driving with our windows/tops down all the way into May 2021! Wow, southern California weather in Edmonton, Alberta! Who could have imagined that? But with the world unexpectedly turned upside down these days, why not?
:cold1:

Last edited:
Reactions: ABC and kerry4
I'll optimistically support your numbers which means I'll be driving a 2020 C8 like everyone else at 3000 status. My only concern is that I may take delivery of a convertible in November, but I'll now even more optimistically predict this coming November will be the warmest on record and the heat wave will flow into December, so we'll all have a brown Christmas and be driving with our windows/tops down all the way into May 2021! Wow, southern California weather in Edmonton, Alberta! Who could have imagined that? But with the world unexpectedly turned upside down these days, why not?
Just think of those Chinooks you'll be able to enjoy.

• Haha
Reactions: ABC and kerry4
Thanks "Murray20C8"; you must have an accounting background...

errrrr.... good thought but not holding my breath....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.