If BG can build 90 cars per day until July 6th when rumblings are the second shift starts and 180 cars per day.

View attachment 40761

Great work Murray! You beat me to it. So I did calculate my vin target and it now falls in your Aug 3 bucket. So we shall see in couple weeks what I am told by my salesman.

Reactions: Murray20c8
Why would you guys buy a 2020 in the fall just in time to store it for the winter when you could buy a 2021 and have it for spring? Unless GM hits us with a real bad exchange rate I think I'm opting for a 2021

Well for one, I hope a lot of people share your same mind set. If many bail out of the 2020 que them the remainers move up and maybe we are driving in July. Haha. Just kidding. In my case I am not at all worried about the depreciation calculation. I am not planning on selling anytime soon. A new car is a new car regardless of age.

How do I acquire the VIN # for my C8 3000 status Vette?
So what I did was use the ending VIN when the plant closed down and then applied the run rate production based on the 90/shift that they had been completing. Based on running two shifts/day. I already had a TPW assigned originally to be May 4th. So if we use the production numbers that they would have achieved prior to the COVID shutdown, I can reasonably predict the week of VIN's where my car would have fallen based on the the TPW. Given the new ramp up schedule and single shift run. We can run a forecast of production to get a reasonably accurate target week of manufacture. Far from accurate to be sure. The ramp up may be slower than expected. Murray did a great job of the best case scenario production. Again, my salesman says in three weeks of operation, the numbers will become much more reliable and he can give me an accurate expected delivery date.

I can see the potential for OT on weekends coming in to play. Cash flow is always King. GM is going to need to convert projected revenue to cash and I am guessing that the incremental labour cost with time and one half is not a huge hit. Better to keep all of that machinery running and keep the momentum going on the love for this car. We need more than a few YouTubers raving about it! Need to get the car in Europe and Australia and Japan with the Right Hand Drive versions too.

How do I acquire the VIN # for my C8 3000 status Vette?
The real vin will only be available to Canadians when the car hits 3800 status (Car is built).

I am really hoping they do do O/T. It will make up any shortfalls when they can't produce 90 cars today and tomorrow etc.

Reactions: ABC and kerry4
Why would you guys buy a 2020 in the fall just in time to store it for the winter when you could buy a 2021 and have it for spring? Unless GM hits us with a real bad exchange rate I think I'm opting for a 2021
For me I don't really care what year the car is but the 2020 will be the lowest production year since 1959. So there wont be a lot of them out there. Plus the fact that it will be Corvette's first mid engine car and first hardtop convertible. As ABC said I plan on keeping this car for a long time so the year doesn't matter to me. The prices wont go up on the 2021's and years only matter for a trade in or a sale. No real improvements for the 2021's either.

Reactions: ABC
Curious if anyone from the Union or GM has confirmed that they can actually return to pre-Covid capacity due to the simple physical reality of safe distancing requirements. Most manufacturing and service facilities have had to reduce production rates to account for the simple physical space required for safe distancing.

Curious if anyone from the Union or GM has confirmed that they can actually return to pre-Covid capacity due to the simple physical reality of safe distancing requirements. Most manufacturing and service facilities have had to reduce production rates to account for the simple physical space required for safe distancing.
That is the 64,000 question in my opinion. From what others have said on several forums that did attend the NCM Bash, it appeared to be confirmed that most of the 3000 status orders would be produced prior to Model Year End change. So in order to do that they have to expect to get pretty close to pre shutdown run speeds. If the second shift starts July 6th then we will have a better idea on the run rate by July 13th. Give the second shift a one week ramp up like they did to the first shift last week. The test will be what do the complete this week. While 90/shift may be optimistic, I am hoping they can hit about 75/day/shift. If they can meed a revised target of 150 cars per day with two shifts and throw in some Saturday or Sunday OT we may all be good.

Well for one, I hope a lot of people share your same mind set. If many bail out of the 2020 que them the remainers move up and maybe we are driving in July. Haha. Just kidding. In my case I am not at all worried about the depreciation calculation. I am not planning on selling anytime soon. A new car is a new car regardless of age.
Even if I bail out on my 2020 it won't change if my car gets built or not, it's at 3000 so my dealer wants it regardless.My feeling is our canadian cars are going to see a $5000 price increase so this will be the deciding factor, no way I can see GM selling us these cars for $51 093 U.S

Even if I bail out on my 2020 it won't change if my car gets built or not, it's at 3000 so my dealer wants it regardless.My feeling is our canadian cars are going to see a $5000 price increase so this will be the deciding factor, no way I can see GM selling us these cars for $51 093 U.S
You are right about the exchange rate issue. That's why we are so fortunate to have had the pegged price we have had so far. I think our rates will only deepen.

You are right about the exchange rate issue. That's why we are so fortunate to have had the pegged price we have had so far. I think our rates will only deepen.
I will be buying my 2020 if the price goes up $5000 (I'm still in neverland status) but I'm happy to have a 2020 secured and have that decision

If someone on the forum has access to canadian pricing of already released 2021 models of Camaro, Colorado or Suburban we might be able to guess the exchange rate GM will use with the Corvette.I went to the U.S site and looked at the 2021 Suburban as it has the closest base price which is $56500 U.S

That is the 64,000 question in my opinion. From what others have said on several forums that did attend the NCM Bash, it appeared to be confirmed that most of the 3000 status orders would be produced prior to Model Year End change. So in order to do that they have to expect to get pretty close to pre shutdown run speeds. If the second shift starts July 6th then we will have a better idea on the run rate by July 13th. Give the second shift a one week ramp up like they did to the first shift last week. The test will be what do the complete this week. While 90/shift may be optimistic, I am hoping they can hit about 75/day/shift. If they can meed a revised target of 150 cars per day with two shifts and throw in some Saturday or Sunday OT we may all be good.
Ya, I agree. Kai does believe they can get there. He should know being the plant manager and all.

Ya, I agree. Kai does believe they can get there. He should know being the plant manager and all.
While I did not watch the NCM Bash, I did listen to his interview with them about a month ago and he certainly sounded very confident and completely at ease. This gave me all the confidence I needed that this team is well lead. Love to see a car guy (or gal) running the show.

Then I`ll get my convert sometime in Dec.
I wish I knew how many converts are at status 3000.
It doesn't matter. Verts are not given any different treatment than coupes. There are 20181 2020 C8's. Period.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.