Real Exposed Carbon Fibre add ons are purely cosmetic for me. Looks great and pricey as heck. Problem is once you start it is hard to stop. If one thinks I am doing it to reduce weight - it does reduce the weight of my wallet - or just google my vanity plate ... which might look pretty cool with a pricey real exposed carbon fibre frame that matches the other parts on my Corvette.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gilles27
So I found 2 different frames. The first one is the GM carbon flash painted. I like it but it
won't allow for a smoked plastic plate cover.
I went to Princess Auto and bought for 8 bucks a painted metal frame complete with
a smoked cover, it's the second pic.
What do you think?

Attachments

• JEXTSzxBRWqx9I2pYn%pBA.jpg
    JEXTSzxBRWqx9I2pYn%pBA.jpg
    326.1 KB · Views: 55
  • YdweLCjKSI6xLauICoegqA.jpg
    YdweLCjKSI6xLauICoegqA.jpg
    313.3 KB · Views: 58
So I found 2 different frames. The first one is the GM carbon flash painted. I like it but it
won't allow for a smoked plastic plate cover.
I went to Princess Auto and bought for 8 bucks a painted metal frame complete with
a smoked cover, it's the second pic.
What do you think?

We get $ 180.00 tickets for plastic plate covers in this part of the world....

C.T. has many options. The most expensive was Weathertech. Not sure why, but they felt heavy. I want to investigate further. Not sure I want to pay 50 bucks for a frame or 10 for the cheapest version.
Murray, this is what I bought. $15 and you get two...

Amazon product ASIN B085RSVYWH

Ya, I need something behind the plate and not in front. I hate the idea of mounting the metal plate right against the paint.

I purchased the Silicone License Plate Holder, I found it ideal because it protects the Paint and is very flexible so it follows any curve or contours.
The price varies from Brand to Brand, link is just an example. Plastic Covers can be placed over them to provide additional protection of the Plate

Amazon product ASIN B08149499F

I purchased the Silicone License Plate Holder, I found it ideal because it protects the Paint and is very flexible so it follows any curve or contours.
The price varies from Brand to Brand, link is just an example. Plastic Covers can be placed over them to provide additional protection of the Plate

Amazon product ASIN B08149499F
I saw those on Amazon. Have you put them on yet? I'd love to see a picture of them on your car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.