Apr 11, 2019
Brantford
VetteCoins
Car
2006 Zo6
Province
ON
What's everybody been doing for a rear plate holder?
I have nothing on mine and it looks unfinished. Looking for something in carbon flash.
Haven't found anything yet. Thought I might put a smoke coloured cover over it for now.
Even C8Jake doesn't have one!!

• Agree
Reactions: ABC and Murray20c8
I have a couple of license plate sized pieces of plastic with "Mobil 1" printed on them under the plate (To hide license plate while autocrossing or drag racing) because I thought the plate could scratch the paint. We should look for something better. Good point!

you asking about a plate frame?
as you are asking "everybody", I will chime in ... having the same O.C.D. dilemma ...
until something is found that I like better, I resolved
my plate with a simple thin black surround from Canadian Tire
and also have the theft deterrent screws from Canadian Tire
to minimize the chance of a vanity plate theft.
Still looking for something perhaps in carbon fibre that
does not hide the expiry stickers and renewal month.

you asking about a plate frame?
as you are asking "everybody", I will chime in ... having the same O.C.D. dilemma ...
until something is found that I like better, I resolved
my plate with a simple thin black surround from Canadian Tire
and also have the theft deterrent screws from Canadian Tire
to minimize the chance of a vanity plate theft.
Still looking for something perhaps in carbon fibre that
does not hide the expiry stickers and renewal month.
Yes, I think that's the short term answer. There isn't much room at bottom.
I saw a couple for C7s but I think they're too deep at bottom.

Yes, I think that's the short term answer. There isn't much room at bottom.
I saw a couple for C7s but I think they're too deep at bottom.

Good point I had a carbon fibre one on my last Z06 and it partially covered the renewal stickers at the bottom. I never got hassled over it but it bugged me none the less.

Reactions: YFCvii

I think this one looks good but just like everything ACS composite they are crooked resellers says in description for C8 also.

Reactions: Blu427

I think this one looks good but just like everything ACS composite they are crooked resellers says in description for C8 also.
I could live with that one, correct colour not too big.
Doesn't look like a clear cover would fit over top of plate, unless it was very thin.
US plates are a bit smaller than ours in Ontario.

Reactions: ABC
I have to have exposed carbon fibre for my frame. I am considering one like this from exotic car gear. These fellas did my vent add-ons (winter add on thread).
6A3122EE-AE9A-474D-ADD2-D40BD7F6783B.jpeg

My current frame is from Canadian Tire.
3630F0C0-A1D2-49AE-AE04-441AF592F385.jpeg

What's everybody been doing for a rear plate holder?
I have nothing on mine and it looks unfinished. Looking for something in carbon flash.
Haven't found anything yet. Thought I might put a smoke coloured cover over it for now.
Even C8Jake doesn't have one!!
Stock dealership cover for me. Works ok. Have a spare front plate when this plate delaminates.

Attachments

• 2B102144-48BD-4E39-9DE4-C3AE87768A84.jpeg
    2B102144-48BD-4E39-9DE4-C3AE87768A84.jpeg
    855.1 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Psyclist
Won't the bottom block out "Wild Rose Country"
You may have to router out to avoid that.
Now you know why I have not jumped on it right away ... it’s real carbon fiber and I am not sure if modifying it will go OK. I might have to be OK with the Wild Rose thing being covered up. As they customize the frames, I have asked them to consider making them similar to the one I have. 😇

I get a kick out of carbon fibre plate frames...paying that much to reduce the weight of something, that can just be removed...but also weighs practically nothing to begin with. To throw my opinion into the ring, I'll say I never run plate frames, I think they look tacky. Sorry to those that really like them.

What do you think $65 bucks is too much for a carbon fiber plate frame? It is a bit ridiculous to suggest people are buying them as a weight reduction. Mine was put on to match the rest of the carbon on the car. I do agree the dealership plate frames are tacky. I laughed when I saw one on my new Z and gave them 5 minutes to get it off my car. Went home without one...which I didn't mind but the plate seemed too loose and looked jagged to me.

• Agree
Reactions: YFCvii and Gilles27
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.