Just wondering, I've had my C8 for almost 2 months, and I've seen a Thread on another Corvette Chat forum talking about the Gift from GM they rec'd shortly after purchase. (mini car) Does everyone get this and does it get sent to you or to the Dealer??
You get it sometime from now to 3 years later!
No rhyme or reason to it.

Reactions: butsy
Sent to you (not dealer). Mostly referred to as a "speed shape model" since it has the curvature/colour of your car (so coupes and convertible speed shape models are different), but no definition/detail. Canadians tend to get them far later than people in the States. I waited almost 2 years for mine; some waited longer like Murray mentioned. But some people in the States waited a LONG time as well. Best to ensure GM has your correct address; some people didn't get theirs due to address changes. Once you confirm your address (if you think necessary) then there's nothing else to do...no amount of complaining will get yours faster. It comes from a promo company hired by GM; not GM itself. For me, after several phone calls and empty promises (ie."it should arrive in the next few months") I was told there was a delay (no s*!t Sherlock!) and that I'd be getting a Corvette jacket as an apology ("please tell us your size")...then no Corvette jacket ever came (sigh). Anyway, back to the speed shape model: a nice gift and regardless of the delay, the first/new owner of a C8 should get one eventually, so be patient and focus on enjoying/driving the real thing, as opposed to when you'll see your gift. Hope this helps.

• Wow
Reactions: Black 03 Z06
Sent to you (not dealer). Mostly referred to as a "speed shape model" since it has the curvature/colour of your car (so coupes and convertible speed shape models are different), but no definition/detail. Canadians tend to get them far later than people in the States. I waited almost 2 years for mine; some waited longer like Murray mentioned. But some people in the States waited a LONG time as well. Best to ensure GM has your correct address; some people didn't get theirs due to address changes. Once you confirm your address (if you think necessary) then there's nothing else to do...no amount of complaining will get yours faster. It comes from a promo company hired by GM; not GM itself. For me, after several phone calls and empty promises (ie."it should arrive in the next few months") I was told there was a delay (no s*!t Sherlock!) and that I'd be getting a Corvette jacket as an apology ("please tell us your size")...then no Corvette jacket ever came (sigh). Anyway, back to the speed shape model: a nice gift and regardless of the delay, the first/new owner of a C8 should get one eventually, so be patient and focus on enjoying/driving the real thing, as opposed to when you'll see your gift. Hope this helps.
thanks for the info! I'll keep enjoying the Ride!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.