I have heard many times that if you are at 3000 status for the convertible like I am that it will be built as a 2020. Having said that my dealership didn't think it would and would be bumped to a 2021. I have waited over a year now so don't really matter to me what I get. Late fall is my best guess. Just in time to maybe break it in and then store it for the winter.

With my HTC TPW advancing 1.5 months I’m sensing a pattern so perhaps GM moved up their start date for HTC production, from what was originally planned some months ago? Good news for those with convertibles and hopefully they’ll complete all the coupes at 3000 or better status as well.
It'll be close but they can do it.

Are they still planning production of the convertible for August 3rd? Thats the latest rumour I have heard.

Are they still planning production of the convertible for August 3rd? Thats the latest rumour I have heard.
Have heard no other date. Sparro's date was moved down 3 months so only time will tell.

Reactions: kerry4
Have heard no other date. Sparro's date was moved down 3 months so only time will tell.
Thanks. At this point getting closer to winter storage time it really doesn't matter if mine is a 2020 so I can look at it in the garage. Or a 2021 so I can drive it. Knowing my luck it will probably be delivered in the dead of winter with a foot of snow and slush on the ground. LOL.

Guys I'm surprised you think your cars will be shipped in November. A few dealers have said GM won't ship with Z51 tire equipped cars...they hold them in BG.
Thats what they did with the C7. C8s will ship, different tire compound in the C8s.

Reactions: kerry4
Reached out to my "contact" in Bowling Green.
They had to change how many Torch Red cars they could build a week.
tenor (1).gif

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.