Here's a recent (yesterday) article from Road & Track:

You'll see somewhat into the article it states:

"The 2021 model year will be the first for the C8 convertible, the first Corvette to offer a standard power-retracting hard top."

Do they know something we don't?? So with the second shift at Bowling Green delayed, has GM decided to produce only coupes and put off all convertible production until 2021 to delay convertible deliveries into next Spring?? It makes sense with 2021 orders opening up soon that GM would make this decision around now, if this is true.

Anyone know?? You just gotta love all the suspense...:Banghead:

I'm wondering what the earliest TPW's for the convertible are and how they're spread out. Other Forum members indicated they had TPW's in early August. Mine is rather late (the week of October 26) and if many of them are later in the year, that might make it an easier decision to postpone their production into 2021.

Last edited:
Reactions: Riley P
I hope they bump the Verts to 21 and build the real performance cars only for 2020, Verts are for posing.

WHAT??? I used to ride motorcycles so I've always loved convertibles with their "open air" feeling and added protection. A big factor for me getting the C8 "vert" was the rear trunk access for two sets of golf clubs, with the top down. Years ago I had a BMW M3 cabriolet and it fit 2 full sets of clubs with its soft top down and I was in "summer toy heaven" when zooming around to golf games with friends. Then retractible hard tops became all the rage and that killed the trunk space for golf clubs, in most convertibles including the newer M3. Hence my excitement over the C8 convertible, amongst other reasons such as its performance, body styling, ease of maintenance, price, etc. Having said all that, I'm sure your comments Gilles27 were "tongue in cheek" and you were merely "posing" for a reaction, lol.

Last edited:
That's B.S.!!!
Verts will start August 3rd

You have my vote Murray! Even so, I've emailed my dealer for clarification. My fear is that GM has pulled the plug on the 2020 convertibles and we're about to get its official announcement, just in time to make our 2021 orders...

They won't screw some people. If they screw anyone it will be those with late orders. Even that is highly doubtful. If you watched Rick Conti's latest video he tells it like it is. Orders at 3000 are "promised" orders. The WILL be built if it takes until January to do it.

Netsinah, I'm just messing with you my last Vette was a Vert but also 30 years ago when I had hair to keep my head from burning. Really doesn't matter to me as my car is scheduled to be built in the next couple of weeks so whatever they build after all I hope is for all the Canadian guys waiting to get their cars.

you had him going !! lol

Welllll, not really. But yes I did reply and spell out my reasons. I suppose I'm used to finding a little bit of seriousness in most comments made in jest which encouraged my reply, but perhaps that's my old and dusty psychology degree leading me astray.

On another and more positive note, my dealer has denied any chance of convertibles not being produced in 2020...barring a major catastrophe. So it looks like Road & Track is inaccurate and has caused me even more premature greying (lol). As well, my salesman updated my car's TPW w/o me even asking (imagine that!) and it's now been moved up from October 26 to September 14 (!!! yeeeessssss!!!) with an estimated delivery date in mid-October. I may get a bit of nice-weather driving in yet and a few more speeding tickets before year-end, which seem to follow every new car I buy. [:Woohoo: to the car...not the tickets!]

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.