It's sad that this thought even comes to mind, but it's 2024....No chance am I going to meet a 'stranger' to 'look at my car'.....Carjackings are a 'real thing' and very common....Honestly, if you are really interested, go to different Dealerships, they'll probably have something to look at....Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this way, but it's the 1st thing that came to my mind when reading this....
I thought the same thing especially with “Toronto Area”.

I thought the same thing especially with “Toronto Area”.
Yeah, by no means was this a shot at anyone or the chat group. This is an awesome site, which I enjoy very much and have learned alot, and I'm sure 99% of the people on here on 'good people', but sadly our Society has drastically changed, and I don't trust to many people these days, so I would not entertain this request....(but that's just me...)

• Agree
Reactions: 1st Vette
Yeah, by no means was this a shot at anyone or the chat group. This is an awesome site, which I enjoy very much and have learned alot, and I'm sure 99% of the people on here on 'good people', but sadly our Society has drastically changed, and I don't trust to many people these days, so I would not entertain this request....(but that's just me...)
The poor guy just wants to have a look at a car and you have him racing off to a chop shop.
Sorry, but I prefer to see the 'good' in people.

The poor guy just wants to have a look at a car and you have him racing off to a chop shop.
Sorry, but I prefer to see the 'good' in people.
I rather not become a victim. I would recommend for OP to attend one of my corvette cruises starting 2nd weekend in May. He would be able to see 30 C8s in most colour combinations

What about just meeting up at a mall if one is apprehensive about having a stranger come to your house ... you could just stay in your car windows up doors locked ...
your .45 clutched in your hand at the ready and all is good in Smallville . :p:p

I would have to agree that most people ( especially on this forum ) are good ones particularly the long time VERIFIED users .

• Haha
Reactions: Jack Raccoon!
It's jokes. I make jokes...
I know Jack, you are the court jester here ;)

Screenshot 2024-03-13 111010.png

It looks like the poor fella noticed the fur on the winter jacket, and thought I could be that to? Or Momma is that you?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gilles27
😆 So many good replies. Yes I see your point butsy. But you can google me. If I told you my name.
My current C7 Z51 is black. My 1993 Trans Am is red. So I thought I should go with a different colour although black is awesome.
I did think of dealerships. But haven't seen those colours and then the car is gone.

Reactions: butsy
😆 So many good replies. Yes I see your point butsy. But you can google me. If I told you my name.
My current C7 Z51 is black. My 1993 Trans Am is red. So I thought I should go with a different colour although black is awesome.
I did think of dealerships. But haven't seen those colours and then the car is gone.
I'd call Spencers and talk to a sales rep. They get a fair number of cars and should get at least one of those in the short term. Well, at least if they ever fix the DRL issue.

I've seen all the C8 colors and many have undertones, HSG definitely has green in it I owned one
Agreed . Most colours shift depending on the lighting conditions and angle etc . I must say though that HGM is my personal favourite. Which of course is why I ordered it.

Reactions: Sea Wolf Z06
It's sad that this thought even comes to mind, but it's 2024....No chance am I going to meet a 'stranger' to 'look at my car'.....Carjackings are a 'real thing' and very common....Honestly, if you are really interested, go to different Dealerships, they'll probably have something to look at....Maybe I'm the only one that thinks this way, but it's the 1st thing that came to my mind when reading this....
This happened a couple of weeks ago. A fellow met someone interested in buying his Lamborghini so they arranged to meet and the interested party showed up in a new BMW gets in buddies Lamborghini and drives away with the BMW right behind him leaving the poor Lamborghini owner standing in the parking lot. Owch . That Lamborghini is probably in Nigeria by now.

Last edited:
Reactions: butsy