I'm New Here
Jul 17, 2022
VetteCoins
Car
2019 Corvette Z06
Province
ON
Hey guys

Does anyone know of an alignment/performance shop that can do proper alignments in the GTA? Most importantly adjust rear camber effectively? Ever since I've had my car set to track alignment by a certain GMC dealership the car will vibrate at high speeds at Mosport on the back straight and I suspect the rear camber may be to blame. The same vibration was there with the OEM wheels before I got my track set up and is still there and exactly the same with my new Apex wheels set up and nitto tires. Bearings are good, hubs are good...and before I got the alignment done the first time I didn't have this issue. Any way, does anyone have a recommendation or has used someone personally for this?

Thanks in advance

I went through this back in July of 2018, see this thread, and never did find a servicing agent in the GTA that could perform a proper and complete 4 wheel alignment on a C7 with either the FE6 or FE7 suspension packages. The key is to find a capable alignment shop that has, and knows how to use, the digital angle gauge adaptor and the digital angle gauge in order to check / adjust the rear caster. The only one close that I could find at that time was Getty Automotive in Ottawa. I spoke to Sean Getty and was convinced that he had the proper tools and specific knowledge necessary to perform a proper alignment. Lots of shops / dealers claimed that they could do the job but none of them had the angle gauge and adaptor.

It's entirely possible that there are now shops in the GTA that have the correct tools and knowledge to do the job and I'm sure that you'll get recommendations here. Just make sure that they have the angle gauge and adaptor. Without these tools it's impossible to do a proper alignment on a C7 because correct rear caster spec is the starting point for the remainder of the alignment. If they tell you otherwise, find another servicing agent.

As to the vibration that you're experiencing, can you post your current alignment specs? Most shops use Hunter equipment and will provide a spec sheet like the one attached. Without knowing your current set-up it's hard to say what might be causing the problem.

Best of luck
Ross

Attachments

• c7.algnmt.04.ja.pg.1.jpg
    c7.algnmt.04.ja.pg.1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 45
Hi Ross,

Thanks for the info.
Currently I have the exact factory specs for track alignment for 2019 z06. -2 camber all around, 7 degree post caster front, .05 toe in all around. And they couldn't tell me about rear caster. Was reading about how many track guys actually do .08 caster in rear and that it made a world of difference on track.

Since car wasn't vibrating when it had factory street alignment I suspect that when GM did the track alignment they messed with the rear caster. So I'll try your suggestion and ask since shops if they have the proper equipment.

Yes, your numbers are quite aggressive but well within "track" alignment specs. I'm not surprised that the dealer could not tell you what the rear caster was set at, I suspect that they don't have the angle gauge and adaptor. Based on those numbers I don't see anything that would directly cause the vibration that you're experiencing. The only possibility, other than rear caster, and it's remote, is the rear toe. Getting it closer to zero, ie: .02 or .03 may help. Hard to say.

As you can see from my spec sheet, I can attest to the fact that setting the rear caster to plus .08 makes a difference in the rear stability, particularly in high speed sweepers. Although I don't regularly track my GS, it was a bit twitchy before the rear caster was checked and properly adjusted. Turns 2, 4 and 8 at Mosport are where it's really noticeable. The car now handles as it should.

Best of luck
Ross

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 100 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.